Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from the Rockies!
Hello!

I was on the old Mothership board (actually, as I recall now there were multiple iterations of that I was part of, from an old message board to an actual forum where Denny made me wish daily I wasn't there), and on another fan board about 15 years ago where I posted pretty extensively until they just disappeared one day. After life got busier with marriage, kids, moving and more demanding jobs, my desire to post on any social media dwindled magnificently. I've been lurking on this board for as long as it's existed, but just never created an account. With so many useful posts and posters, I just never felt there was much to add! But I've decided why the heck not throw my hat into the ring and see what happens when the season finally kicks around again.

I was born and raised in Cincy, but I've been gone for 12 years, living east coast, west coast and now in Colorado. In those 12 years, it's a rarity to ever see another Bengals fan in the flesh, so it's good to keep some connection to the community, even if it's just virtual :)

I put Growler as my username because not only is it appropriate to a Bengal, I also brew beer as a hobby (and nearly opened a brewery about a decade ago) so a little combo of hobbies/passions Cheers

Lurking for so damn long I feel like I know a lot of you already, but I'm looking forward to taking some opportunities to return the favor (curse?)!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard! Joe
Reply/Quote
Glad to have ya Howler! Good to see some lurkers signing up ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard, Fowler!  Took you long enough..  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2020, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Welcome aboard, Fowler!  Took you long enough..  Cool

Careful; I might make up for it! 
Reply/Quote
Don't know where you live in Colorado, but I know there are Bengal fans in Denver.  The guy that runs Go-Bengals.com lived in Denver.

I lived in Boulder and Denver for a few years in the early 1990's.  Beautiful state, but I had to move back to Tennessee for my career.  I still have a couple of close friends that live out there.

And you certainly live in the right state to open a brewery.  When I lived there the "homebrew" revolution was really taking off.  New Belgium opened in Fort Collins and I shot a lot of pool at Wynkoop in Denver.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2020, 04:31 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Hello!  

I was on the old Mothership board (actually, as I recall now there were multiple iterations of that I was part of, from an old message board to an actual forum where Denny made me wish daily I wasn't there), and on another fan board about 15 years ago where I posted pretty extensively until they just disappeared one day.  After life got busier with marriage, kids, moving and more demanding jobs, my desire to post on any social media dwindled magnificently.  I've been lurking on this board for as long as it's existed, but just never created an account.  With so many useful posts and posters, I just never felt there was much to add!  But I've decided why the heck not throw my hat into the ring and see what happens when the season finally kicks around again.  

I was born and raised in Cincy, but I've been gone for 12 years, living east coast, west coast and now in Colorado.  In those 12 years, it's a rarity to ever see another Bengals fan in the flesh, so it's good to keep some connection to the community, even if it's just virtual :)

I put Growler as my username because not only is it appropriate to a Bengal, I also brew beer as a hobby (and nearly opened a brewery about a decade ago) so a little combo of hobbies/passions Cheers

Lurking for so damn long I feel like I know a lot of you already, but I'm looking forward to taking some opportunities to return the favor (curse?)!

Welcome the the board!  :andy: Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote