Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from the "worst district in the USA"
(07-31-2019, 01:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: My problem is I just rarely watch any television. For instance, I am a fan of Veronica Mars from back in the day, and my wife is all excited about the reboot, but I just can't get into it. I've really lost interest in television or movies. I'd rather go sit outside and read or hit the water.

Reading is usually preferable, but The Wire is well worth it. Get past the first season (good in itself) and the series builds incrementally, season by season adding layers of corrections, public school, journalism and Baltimore/Maryland government politics to policing.  Like a Balzac or Tolstoy novel in scope and complexity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-31-2019, 04:34 PM)Dill Wrote: Bpat you are the perfect guy for these questions:

1. How do you guys control rats there in Baltimore? Is the task large enough to require assistance from the city, or is it basically up to local homeowners to fend off the threat themselves. Is Big government failing you here? Could open carry be part of the solution?

The city and county (in areas like mine bordering the city... the city line is at the edge of my neighborhood) have ramped up efforts in the last few years and have decreased rat burrows by 85%. They increased trash days, used city trash cans, increased neighborhood inspections, and encouraged reporting illegal trash dumping.

Quote:2. What kind of rats swarm your property and neighborhood? Are they mostly Norwegian?  Could some kind of immigration control from Scandanavian countries help or is it just too late for that? 

I think African, not European. 

Quote:We have an occasional rat in our neighborhood, but our cat appears to be all the control we need.  The only evidence of rats I have seen in the last year is a rat tail he coughed up in our computer room, along with a pile of black fur.

Are you sure your cat caught it? What's the ground velocity of an unladen rat? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-31-2019, 05:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are you sure your cat caught it? What's the ground velocity of an unladen rat? 

Er, European or African?
(07-31-2019, 02:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nailed it.

Mellow

I think those diagnosed with cancer still have a higher life expectancy than those living in Baltimore's poorest neighborhood.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-31-2019, 05:59 PM)Dill Wrote: Er, European or African?

Are you suggesting  coconuts rats migrate?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-01-2019, 08:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you suggesting  coconuts rats migrate?

[Image: tumblr_mhbgvnVU741qbdumgo7_r1_250.gif]
(08-01-2019, 10:58 AM)Dill Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mhbgvnVU741qbdumgo7_r1_250.gif]

From the movie I believe you were quoting.  Talking about coconuts and how they got there and then swallows and maybe an African swallow but not a European swallow.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Video 

Deplorable.
(08-01-2019, 11:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: From the movie I believe you were quoting.  Talking about coconuts and how they got there and then swallows and maybe an African swallow but not a European swallow.

Bpat started it. But his question alludes to this scene, regarding the question of velocity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnvNk07XkgU
To be fair I would live in Baltimore over Somalia and Pittsburgh.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-01-2019, 06:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To be fair I would live in Baltimore over Somalia and Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh, no doubt. But I might be willing to give Somalia a try
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

They all find the remnants of their spines after leaving office....

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
WWTD. He would bomb Baltimore, Rat problem solved. Ninja
(08-02-2019, 01:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: WWTD. He would bomb Baltimore, Rat problem solved. Ninja

Wrong!  Trump is antiwar!  Ninja
(08-02-2019, 01:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wrong!  Trump is antiwar!  Ninja

Dunno, he took care of ISIS all by himself... Ninja I haven't heard a peep from them in over a year.
(08-02-2019, 01:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Dunno, he took care of ISIS all by himself... Ninja I haven't heard a peep from them in over a year.

Peep peep.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/world/middleeast/islamic-state-attacks-europe.html

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/7463e219-30b0-464b-8c63-5196a03ada82

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/2528b366-b9b4-4be5-bdb1-9a1e92cc1c66

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/islamic-state-making-territorial-gains-in-afghanistan-pentagon-reports
Apparently Trump should clean his own house first?

This suggests Repubs are winning the disinformation war, but I don't think they really are.

So long as Fox has to keep reporting what Pelosi and Schiff say, Fox viewers must wonder why tremendous Biden scandal has no traction everywhere else. Even Repub lawmakers who aren't regular Fox contributors seem to be ignoring the "big stories."

Just watched an amazing 15 minutes of breathless Hannity interviewing Nunes and Jordan, and their predictions regarding how this new hoax will backfire on the Dems, followed by THE REAL DIRT on Biden's trip to China with his son.

What did Barr find in Italy and Australia that Obama and Hillary don't want us to know?

Laura Ingraham congratulates him on all he has uncovered. Her show will be about the REAL ELECTION INTERFERENCE--Hillary's Steele Dossier and the deep state actors behind it.

And Warren's contempt for fly over America. Hillary Clinton playbook--undermine the process.
Update from the worst district:

We had our special election today for the primary to fill the late congressman's seat.

Kweisi Mfume, who held the seat for 10 years (87-96) before becoming the head of the NAACP, won the Democratic primary by nearly 30%. Kimberly Klacik, whose tweets about the city set Trump off on his attacks on the city, won the Republican primary. Ironically enough, she complained on twitter that the local Fox affiliate today was only focusing on the city and not the parts of the district in Baltimore County.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]