Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Hardy and the chance in Bengals mentality
(11-09-2015, 05:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As long as Adam Jones is on this team, people look kinda silly talking about dude's like Hardy. In no way am I condoning what Hardy did, but there are guys on almost every team that have done some scummy things. I bet every one of you that are bashing Hardy have cheered Pacman on Sundays, and he's hit a woman (women?) and is partially responsible for making someone a paraplegic.

I wanted to rent Hardy on a 1 year "prove it" deal. Simply because Hardy is a great talent and Marv has a good track record with troubled players. Hindsight is 20/20, so I'm glad we passed. Being 8-0 I guess we didn't need him. Plus the picture thing could've been a distraction. Nobody knew these things would shake out this way, so I don't regret anything I said.

I agree with the first part. Being cool with Adam Jones being on this team and hating on Hardy makes folks sound mighty hypocritical.

I don't agree with the second half though.  I never wanted this douchebag to sign here. I would have been pretty upset if that happened.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 06:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think our locker room could've contained/fixed Hardy's attitude. While Pacman has been partially healed here, I think Zimmer helped with that. I don't know how much Guenther would've helped. I'll admit that I was intrigued with Hardy, but I wasn't upset about missing out on him.

Idk. Zimmer had Pacman in Dallas and didn't exactly fix him there. 

I'm with you on not being upset about missing out on Hardy. Bringing back MJ helped me get over that.

He's not as good on the field, but he's less risk off of it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you seriously comparing a man beating up another man to a man beating up a woman?

And you think Hardy was justified in beating this woman because she made him jealous?  He "did what he does" and that makes her to blame?

Seriously?

Greg Hardy did go to court.........and the only time the evidence was presented to the court he was convicted.

Yes, I am comparing violence to violence. Why would I protect one gender but not the other? Are women not equal to men? Is that what you're asserting...that women deserve special protections?

Are you saying no women have ever deserved to be hit...but almost all men do?

For example, dude breaks Geno Smith's jaw. He is released from the Jets, obviously...then what? Signed the very next day? Yes? Where's the outrage? Where are the protests? Did announcers refuse to speak that guy's name in the preseason?

Coaches put out bounties that caused physical harm. Were they banned for life? Naw. Sean Payton and Greg Williams are still at it.

Hey, if you want zero tolerance for violence...fine. Just don't pretend victims only come with vaginas. Let's quit being hypocrites about violence. Greg Hardy met every requirement from the city/county and the NFL. He lost millions of dollars, which is more than almost every other offender would have. Stop allowing the media to set policy based on its own biases.

EDIT: My final thought is this: 
I have two daughters, and I've raised them neither to expect nor accept chivalry. It's infantilizing. It lumps women with children. I want my daughters to compete, not expect handouts and special favor.

Would I instruct a son to get in Greg Hardy's face? To tell him he ain't shit because his girl is banging Nelly? (Greg Hardy would kill him, right?) So why in hell would I instruct a daughter to do so? Why would I lie and tell her no man will ever hit her? Because she's my special little princess? C'mon. This is 2015. You raise children to be smart, based on changing realities...not deluded by outmoded ideas.

THAT'S equality.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:06 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Yes, I am comparing violence to violence. Why would I protect one gender but not the other? Are women not equal to men? Is that what you're asserting...that women deserve special protections?

Are you saying no women have ever deserved to be hit...but almost all men do?

For example, dude breaks Geno Smith's jaw. He is released from the Jets, obviously...then what? Signed the very next day? Yes? Where's the outrage? Where are the protests? Did announcers refuse to speak that guy's name in the preseason?

Coaches put out bounties that caused physical harm. Were they banned for life? Naw. Sean Payton and Greg Williams are still at it.

Hey, if you want zero tolerance for violence...fine. Just don't pretend victims only come with vaginas. Let's quit being hypocrites about violence. Greg Hardy met every requirement from the city/county and the NFL. He lost millions of dollars, which is more than almost every other offender would have. Stop allowing the media to set policy based on its own biases.

EDIT: My final thought is this: 
I have two daughters, and I've raised them neither to expect nor accept chivalry. It's infantilizing. It lumps women with children. I want my daughters to compete, not expect handouts and special favor.

Would I instruct a son to get in Greg Hardy's face? To tell him he ain't shit because his girl is banging Nelly? (Greg Hardy would kill him, right?) So why in hell would I instruct a daughter to do so? Why would I lie and tell her no man will ever hit her? Because she's my special little princess? C'mon. This is 2015. You raise children to be smart, based on changing realities...not deluded by outmoded ideas.

THAT'S equality.
^^^^^^^

He brings up some good points.

There are reasons to hit anybody.  I don't think that a person should always act on those reasons, but there are reasons none the less.  With that said, there is a difference between hitting a woman who kinda deserves it (like Pacman did in Cincy), and beating the dog shit out of, and choking a girlfriend.  Hardy was way over the line.  Media bias doesn't tell me that...  My conscious does.  If she had a reputation as a gold digger, as some have said that she did, then it is on Hardy to kick her to the curb.  He's a scumbag. 

Now...  Should the Bengals have attempted to sign him?  No.  Is he that much better (if at all) than Carlos Dunlap?  I don't think so.  Some of us just want the team to go after any name that is available.  How many wins has Greg Hardy produced in Dallas?...  Zero.

On to this "banging Nelly" thing.  Was this Holder woman doing that?  If so, perhaps he is the problem.  He was there, along with Pacman when the dude ended up in a wheelchair at the "scrip club"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWSKeR8GW1g
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:48 PM)jason Wrote: ^^^^^^^

He brings up some good points.

There are reasons to hit anybody.  I don't think that a person should always act on those reasons, but there are reasons none the less.  With that said, there is a difference between hitting a woman who kinda deserves it (like Pacman did in Cincy), and beating the dog shit out of, and choking a girlfriend.  Hardy was way over the line.  Media bias doesn't tell me that...  My conscious does.  If she had a reputation as a gold digger, as some have said that she did, then it is on Hardy to kick her to the curb.  He's a scumbag. 

Now...  Should the Bengals have attempted to sign him?  No.  Is he that much better (if at all) than Carlos Dunlap?  I don't think so.  Some of us just want the team to go after any name that is available.  How many wins has Greg Hardy produced in Dallas?...  Zero.

On to this "banging Nelly" thing.  Was this Holder woman doing that?  If so, perhaps he is the problem.  He was there, along with Pacman when the dude ended up in a wheelchair at the "scrip club"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWSKeR8GW1g

I was with you until this. You can knock Hardy for what he did off the field, but there is no question that he's on a different level than Michael Johnson. Is now and always has been.

Hardy has posted an average of 9.1 sacks and 53 tackles per 16 games for his career.
MJ has averaged 5.1 sacks and 39 tackles per 16 games.

This season Hardy has 15 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 INT, and 1 forced fumble in only 4 games.  Shocked
MJ has 18 tackles and 2 sacks in 8 games.

I still prefer MJ because he comes without the luggage, but strictly as players it's not even close. Hardy isn't the reason the Cowboys aren't winning. Bad team does not = all players are bad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 01:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I wanted him based on his football ability as well as everything is an accusation and still unproven in a court of law and the appeal was won by Hardy is my understanding.

I have not seen the pics, but I am sure they are not pretty. My issue is I am not 100% certain he was guilty and I see too much of rush to guilt versus innocent until proven guilty in the country. The NFLPA  supported him back into the NFL and the NFL complied based on far more facts that we have at our disposal.
He was convicted in a bench trial. In NC you have the right to appeal with a jury trial which he did. He paid her off and she disappeared and didn;t show at the trial.
Reply/Quote
he served his time....the call for further action is unfair. People need to get off their high horses (not necessarily this board) on wanting to punish him a second time.

Separately, it's up to the teams to decide to bring in that character...but to say the cowboys should cut him is absurd....though i wouldn't want him on the bengals.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was with you until this. You can knock Hardy for what he did off the field, but there is no question that he's on a different level than Michael Johnson. Is now and always has been.

Hardy has posted an average of 9.1 sacks and 53 tackles per 16 games for his career.
MJ has averaged 5.1 sacks and 39 tackles per 16 games.

This season Hardy has 15 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 INT, and 1 forced fumble in only 4 games.  Shocked
MJ has 18 tackles and 2 sacks in 8 games.

I still prefer MJ because he comes without the luggage, but strictly as players it's not even close. Hardy isn't the reason the Cowboys aren't winning. Bad team does not = all players are bad.

Oh I agree Greg Hardy is better than MJ.  He's probably better than Dunlap, but not by that much.  The Bengals already have Greg Hardy's role filled on this team.  We need help at lb.  If we were gonna pick up a crazy guy it should have been Aldon Smith.  He could have been what we all hoped Chris Carter would be.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hardy and me would be taking a trip to the swamp if I knew that girl
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 05:42 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: I'm sick to death of the feminist-liberal Media Thought Police telling us how we're supposed to feel.

When Ced Benson beat the living shit out of his "roommate"....

[Image: 0721-clavens-charles-ex-tmz-credit.jpg]

...I don't recall any women's groups demanding Ced's release. (He was arrested for assault a second time, btw, and...nada. No fake outrage.) So violence is only a problem if the victim has a vagina? How is that not sexist and not hypocritical? 

Furthermore, you should read how Nicole Holder (the victim) screwed up the case...refused to go to court...couldn't be located...made contradicting statements (because she, too, was drunk at the time). Greg Hardy is no friend of mine, but he went through ALL the paces---court, arbitration, suspension---and it is what it is.

This gold-digger dated Nelly and rubbed Hardy's face in it while he was drunk, and he did what he does. You tell me she didn't know what type of man Greg Hardy was? I say that's an outright lie.
You seriously think people need the "feminist liberal media thought police" to tell them that it is wrong to beat and terrorize a woman? To beat her to the point she asks you to kill her because she knows that it what is going to happen.  He "did what he does"?  Seriously, that statement is sickening.

I was not a fan of this team signing Adam Jones, and honestly expect he will get into some sort of serious trouble at some point.  I am grateful that the team seems to have moved past its "reclamation projects" and trying to get talented players at lower contracts because of their off field issues.  Just because the CBA says that he is allowed back in the league does not mean a team had to sign him and in my opinion they should not have done so.  I am very glad it was not the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:06 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Are you saying no women have ever deserved to be hit...but almost all men do?

No need to go any further than this.

No one deserves to get hit unless they are hitting you.  End of story.

Large groups of our society continue to accept violence and the "thug life" and it is no coincidence that these same ignorant groups are the ones who also fail on the socioeconomic level.  And I am not making this a race issue.  I live in the south among white rednecks who are just as bad as wanna-be gangsters.  

People who think violence is the way to address a problem are failures at life.  And that is what I teach both my daughters and my sons.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 11:28 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You seriously think people need the "feminist liberal media thought police" to tell them that it is wrong to beat and terrorize a woman? To beat her to the point she asks you to kill her because she knows that it what is going to happen.  He "did what he does"?  Seriously, that statement is sickening.

I was not a fan of this team signing Adam Jones, and honestly expect he will get into some sort of serious trouble at some point.  I am grateful that the team seems to have moved past its "reclamation projects" and trying to get talented players at lower contracts because of their off field issues.  Just because the CBA says that he is allowed back in the league does not mean a team had to sign him and in my opinion they should not have done so.  I am very glad it was not the Bengals.

Did I say it's right to beat anyone? Show me EXACTLY where I said that, right goddamn now. I accused Greg Hardy of being an obvious piece of shit. Then I accused her of knowing this guy's a violent piece of shit and still associating with him. I'd furthermore accuse her of hindering Hardy's prosecution, at which point I'm done giving her additional sympathy.

Look, Geno Smith's attacker was named co-captain of Sunday's game! You show me how Geno Smith deserved to have his career potentially ruined, and then you show me how his attacker deserves better than Hardy. If you can't admit there's a double-standard, THAT'S what I find "sickening." Mike & Mike were joking about it this morning! They were making fun of Geno Smith being beaten and humiliated over a $500 debt! About his career being ruined! They riffed on it!

Look at the face of the dude Ced Benson beat to a pulp. You think because he has a dick he's less a victim? You don't think he was completely outmatched? Terrorized? Fearful? Or do YOU think he "deserved it" because of his genitalia? Because males deserve to encounter violence from male acquaintances? If not, where were YOU demanding Ced's release?

You want a serious, thoughtful discussion about violence? Then quit making it a feminist-liberal pandering opportunity and rationally discuss it not as violence against women...but as violence. Period.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:27 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Did I say it's right to beat anyone? Show me EXACTLY where I said that, right goddamn now. I accused Greg Hardy of being an obvious piece of shit. Then I accused her of knowing this guy's a violent piece of shit and still associating with him. I'd furthermore accuse her of hindering Hardy's prosecution, at which point I'm done giving her additional sympathy.

Look, Geno Smith's attacker was named co-captain of Sunday's game! You show me how Geno Smith deserved to have his career potentially ruined, and then you show me how his attacker deserves better than Hardy. If you can't admit there's a double-standard, THAT'S what I find "sickening." Mike & Mike were joking about it this morning! They were making fun of Geno Smith being beaten and humiliated over a $500 debt! About his career being ruined! They riffed on it!

You want a serious, thoughtful discussion about violence? Then quit making it a feminist-liberal pandering opportunity and discuss it not as violence against women...but as violence. Period.

Believe violence such as the Geno Smith altercation is a little different than violence outside the football realm.

Because it is so violent of a sport that it can be hard to turn it off and on in the heat of the moment while adrenaline is still flowing and venomous words are flying. 

May not be able to win this particular argument in court of law. But still do find it way different hitting a woman opposed another man though. Maybe it is just how I was raised. Thanks Mom and Dad, love you.

Glad Hardy is not a Bengal. Great players do not always bring great team chemistry and or success either. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:27 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Did I say it's right to beat anyone? Show me EXACTLY where I said that, right goddamn now. I accused Greg Hardy of being an obvious piece of shit. Then I accused her of knowing this guy's a violent piece of shit and still associating with him. I'd furthermore accuse her of hindering Hardy's prosecution, at which point I'm done giving her additional sympathy.

Look at the face of the dude Ced Benson beat to a pulp. You think because he has a dick he's less a victim? You don't think he was completely outmatched? Terrorized? Fearful? Or do YOU think he "deserved it" because of his genitalia? Because males deserve to encounter violence from male acquaintances? If not, where were YOU demanding Ced's release?

You want a serious, thoughtful discussion about violence? Then quit making it a feminist-liberal pandering opportunity and rationally discuss it not as violence against women...but as violence. Period.

Whether you realize it or not, your constant use of phrases like "feminist liberal" and "gold digger" while asking if we are only to have sympathy towards people "with a vagina" say a lot about you and your thought process.  Personally I have always believed that both parties lose if a situation devolves into violence.

Geno Smith is 6'3" and weighs 220 pounds.  If you can't see the difference between him getting into a locker room confrontation and Greg Hardy terrorizing a woman that he outweighs by probably 150 pounds, then I don't know what to say.  I really started this thread to praise the Bengals for the personnel decisions not thinking this debate would happen...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Whether you realize it or not, your constant use of phrases like "feminist liberal" and "gold digger" while asking if we are only to have sympathy towards people "with a vagina" say a lot about you and your thought process.  Personally I have always believed that both parties lose if a situation devolves into violence.

Geno Smith is 6'3" and weighs 220 pounds.  If you can't see the difference between him getting into a locker room confrontation and Greg Hardy terrorizing a woman that he outweighs by probably 150 pounds, then I don't know what to say.  I really started this thread to praise the Bengals for the personnel decisions not thinking this debate would happen...

You are right that I'm politicizing. I'm anti-feminist. Perhaps I should have framed my response with that info so that readers could disregard it on political grounds. My bad.

That said, I disagree with the main point you make:
[You] shame the male by asserting that he should be able to defend himself against a beating, and that he is lesser for having failed to do so. His attacker was bigger, too. He was victimized. Geno's jaw was broken, which is more devastatingly violent and long-term damaging than Nicole Holder's injuries. He lost desperately needed playing time, prestige, respect. His antagonist is being made a team captain for having assaulted Geno---another shaming tactic against a male. On ESPN, the sports mothership, women were encouraged to express outrage over Greg Hardy. Compare: Over Geno Smith's assault, they made jokes. No one demanded a ban, no one protested. Same with Ced Benson's situation. We Bengals fans did not demand his release, despite two assault arrests and the vicious battery he inflicted upon his victim (see above photo).

So yeah. I definitely see the difference. It's fairly obvious. I oppose it for the right reason: it's sexist.

It's also shameless pandering to the female demographic.

Make an appropriate and fair policy for violence against people...not exclusive policies based on gender
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 11:04 PM)jason Wrote: Oh I agree Greg Hardy is better than MJ.  He's probably better than Dunlap, but not by that much.  The Bengals already have Greg Hardy's role filled on this team.  We need help at lb.  If we were gonna pick up a crazy guy it should have been Aldon Smith.  He could have been what we all hoped Chris Carter would be.

I goofed. You said Dunlap but I had MJ stuck in my head. Probably because Hardy and MJ were both free agents this offseason. 
Reply/Quote
Orson Charles
Team: Cincinnati Bengals
Date of Incident: March 31, 2014
Guns/Weapons

Description: Accused of brandishing gun in car in apparent road rage incident.
Outcome: Resolution undetermined.
Adam Jones
Date of Incident: September 23, 2013
Disorderly Conduct

Description: He was the passenger in a car pulled over for speeding and was cited for disorderly conduct. The driver was charged with drunk driving.
Outcome: Paid $130 for fine and court costs.
Adam Jones
Date of Incident: June 10, 2013
Assault/Battery

Description: Accused of punching a woman outside a Cincinnati bar on June 5. It is his eighth run-in with the law since 2005.
Andre Smith
Date of Incident: January 17, 2013
Guns/Weapons

Description: Accused of bringing loaded .38 pistol in carry-on bag at the Atlanta airport.
Robert Sands
Date of Incident: January 04, 2013
Domestic Violence

Description: Accused of assaulting his wife at their home in Florence, Ky. Wife treated at hospital for minor injuries.
Outcome: Released by team in June.
Rey Maualuga
Date of Incident: February 05, 2012
Assault/Battery

Description: Charged with misdemeanor assault after bar employee said Maualuga hit him in the face.
Outcome: Charged dropped after private mediation.
Jerome Simpson
Date of Incident: January 19, 2012
Drugs

Description: Accused of marijuana trafficking after 2.5 pounds of it were delivered to his home the previous September.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty to felony, 15 days in jail, three years of probation.
Cedric Benson
Date of Incident: July 17, 2011
Assault/Battery

Description: Accused of misdemeanor assault after incident with former male roommate in Travis County, Texas.
Marvin White
Date of Incident: July 14, 2011
Assault/Battery

Description: Accused of disturbing the peace and being verbally abusive at his child's day care center.
Adam Jones
Date of Incident: July 10, 2011
Alcohol

Description: Accused of disorderly conduct while intoxicated and resisting arrest at bar in Cincinnati.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct; sentenced to one year probation, 50 hours community service.

ADVERTISEMENT
Cedric Benson
Date of Incident: June 29, 2010
Assault/Battery

Description: Charged with misdemeanor assault for a May 30 incident in Austin, Texas, where he allegedly punching a bar employee in the face.
Outcome: Pleaded no contest, 20-day jail sentence, $4,000 fine.
Maurice Purify
Date of Incident: May 04, 2010
Disorderly Conduct

Description: Charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct after scuffle at a Newport, Ky., nightclub.
Outcome: Charges dropped; one-game NFL suspension under personal conduct policy
Rey Maualuga
Date of Incident: January 29, 2010
DUI

Description: Charged with drunk driving in Covington, Ky., after police said he struck two parked vehicles and parking meter. Blood-alcohol .157.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty, suspended seven-day sentence, two days' probation. NFL fined him for two games.
Leon Hall
Date of Incident: April 05, 2009
DUI

Description: Accused of drunken driving after being pulled over after 3 a.m. In Ohio. Breath test showed blood-alcohol content of 0.149.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty to reckless operation of a vehicle, 30-day suspended jail sentence, 64 hours community service, $250 fine.
Ahmad Brooks
Date of Incident: May 01, 2008
Assault/Battery

Description: Accused of punching woman in left eye during dispute with neighbor in Kentucky.
Outcome: Accepted mediation.
Chris Henry
Date of Incident: March 31, 2008
Assault/Battery

Description: Accused of punching man and throwing beer bottle out of car window.
Outcome: Charge dropped.
Quincy Wilson
Date of Incident: June 17, 2007
Disorderly Conduct

Description: Accused of failing to heed police order to disperse from bar, where he was part of a wedding party in West Virginia.
Outcome: Charge dropped in exchange for staying out of trouble through Dec. 17.
A.J. Nicholson
Date of Incident: May 18, 2007

Description: Accused of hitting girlfriend in the eye, but she later recanted her statement, saying she hit herself with a phone.
Outcome: Diversion program. Charge dropped after 40 hours community service, other programs. Released by team three days later.
Chris Henry
Date of Incident: March 21, 2007
License

Description: Accused of driving with a suspended license, seat-belt violation and making an improper turn. Vehicle impounded.
Johnathan Joseph
Date of Incident: January 22, 2007
Drugs

Description: Pulled over in Kentucky, where police accused him of marijuana possession in his backpack.
Outcome: Diversion program.
Deltha O'Neal
Date of Incident: December 09, 2006
DUI

Description: Pulled over at checkpoint near Cincinnati, he was accused of drunken driving.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty to reckless driving, $250 fine, $1,000 to MADD, three years of probation.
Reggie McNeal
Date of Incident: December 03, 2006
Drugs
Resisting Arrest

Description: Accused of unruly behavior and resisting arrested after being denied entrance to Houston nightclub. Police also found sedative in his cigarette.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty, probation and fine.
Odell Thurman
Date of Incident: September 25, 2006
DUI

Description: Pulled over, accused of drunk driving.
Outcome: Pleaded no contest, $250 fine, license suspended, 90-day suspended jail sentence.
Eric Steinbach
Date of Incident: August 05, 2006
DUI

Description: Accused of drunken boating in Cincinnati, refusing breath test.
Outcome: Diversion program, 10 hours community service, safe boating class.
Matthias Askew
Date of Incident: July 22, 2006
Resisting Arrest

Description: Accused of refusing police orders, parking violations, resisting arrest and obstruction of police business in Cincinnati. He was subdued by Taser.
Outcome: Acquitted, he also won $500,000 award in civil lawsuit over incident. Cut by team three weeks after incident.
Frostee Rucker
Date of Incident: June 21, 2006
Domestic Violence

Description: Accused of fighting girlfriend at party in Los Angeles.
Outcome: Pleaded no contest to vandalism and false imprisonment, three years of probation, 750 hours of community service.
Chris Henry
Date of Incident: June 14, 2006
Alcohol

Description: Accused of providing alcohol to minors in hotel room he rented in Covington, Ky.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty, two days in jail, with rest of 90-day jail sentence suspended.
Chris Henry
Date of Incident: June 03, 2006
DUI

Description: Pulled over in Cincinnati for speeding, accused of drunk driving. Blood-alcohol measured at .09.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty to reckless operation of a vehicle, $250 fine, 30-day suspended sentence.
A.J. Nicholson
Date of Incident: June 01, 2006
Theft

Description: Accused of stealing electronic equipment from former Florida State teammate.
Outcome: Pleaded no contest to burglary and theft, two months in a work program, two years of probation
Chris Henry
Date of Incident: January 28, 2006
Guns/Weapons

Description: Accused of raising a gun in a fight outside of a club in Orlando, Fla. The gun had been listed as stolen.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty to concealed weapons charge, 100 hours of community service, two years of probation.
Chris Henry
Date of Incident: December 15, 2005
Drugs

Description: Pulled over for speeding in Covington, Ky., accused of marijuana possession.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty, $250 fine, a month in drug rehab.
Justin Smith
Date of Incident: October 05, 2004
DUI

Description: Pulled over for weaving near Dayton, Ohio, accused of drunk driving. Blood-alcohol content measured at .152.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty, three-day weekend intervention, $300 fine, $94 in court costs.
Levi Jones
Date of Incident: February 02, 2004

Description: Accused of trying to take a baton from a police officer in a melee outside a club in Houston.
James Lynch
Date of Incident: December 02, 2003
Alcohol

Description: Accused of public urination, resisting arrest, eluding police and driving with a suspended license. Police used chemical irritant to subdue him.
Outcome: Pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, two years of probation, 10 days in jail.
Neil Rackers
Date of Incident: December 09, 2001
Assault/Battery

Description: Accused of choking man at a sports bar in Covington, Ky., after the man allegedly insulted Rackers' wife and mother.
Outcome: Diversion program. Charge dropped in exchange for confidential settlement with victim.
Vaughn Booker
Date of Incident: August 31, 2001
Domestic Violence

Description: Accused of pushing wife in argument at the couple's home near Cincinnati.
Tom Barndt
Date of Incident: August 26, 2001
DUI

Description: Pulled over in Covington, Ky., accused of drunk driving.
Outcome: Resolution undetermined. Team released him the next week.
Akili Smith
Date of Incident: February 08, 2001
DUI

Description: Pulled over for driving the wrong way down a one-way street in San Diego, accused of drunk driving.
Outcome: Acquitted.
Tremain Mack
Date of Incident: January 09, 2001
Probation Violation

Description: Sentenced to a month in jail for probation violation stemming from previous drunk-driving conviction. A TV station filmed him driving, which violated probation.
Outcome: Guilty, one month in jail.
Corey Dillon
Date of Incident: August 26, 2000
Domestic Violence

Description: Accused of striking his wife in Washington, fourth-degree assault.
Outcome: Diversion program, $750 donation to women's shelter, treatment.
Darnay Scott
Date of Incident: July 20, 2000
Theft

Description: Accused of writing a back check for more than $5,100 to a motorcycle shop in Florence, Ky.
Outcome: Charge dropped, but he spent a night in jail and had to pay back the money.
Steve Foley
Date of Incident: April 06, 2000
Guns/Weapons

Description: Accused of firing gun into the air several times outside nightclub in Monroe, La. Pulled over and arrested, Foley yelled he was being illegal searched.
Outcome: Charge dropped for lack of evidence.
Steve Foley
Date of Incident: February 05, 2000
Domestic Violence

Description: Accused of kicking in the door of his son's mother and grabbing her by the throat.
Outcome: Charge dropped after woman declined to cooperate.
Reply/Quote
I was on the Bandwagon to sign Greg Hardy before we knew MJ would be cut by Tampa. Greg is no saint by any means but let's be honest he is a great player and he would have been a major improvement over Geathers. A lot of people would have looked the other way if we signed him and if he was performing at a high level for us some would be defending him. With that being said I think the Bengals made the right decision in signing MJ over him. 1.) MJ was cheaper, 2.) MJ is a Bengal and wanted to be a Bengal, and 3.) He fits the system and the players around him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 06:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. Zimmer had Pacman in Dallas and didn't exactly fix him there. 

I'm with you on not being upset about missing out on Hardy. Bringing back MJ helped me get over that.

He's not as good on the field, but he's less risk off of it.

Zim didn't coach Pacman in Dallas.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:27 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Did I say it's right to beat anyone? Show me EXACTLY where I said that, right goddamn now.

It is clear how you feel about women deserving to be hit based on these classy comments.

(11-09-2015, 05:42 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: This gold-digger dated Nelly and rubbed Hardy's face in it while he was drunk, and he did what he does.

(11-09-2015, 08:06 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Are you saying no women have ever deserved to be hit?
Reply/Quote