Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Hardy getting desperate, but still stupid.
If Greg hard had shown some remorse last year he would be sitting on a huge contract right now. But since he seemed unrepentant and smug about beating the charges against him he ids not going to get signed. In fact sources from within the Cowboys claimed that he had the same problems dealing with authority and discipline in Dallas that he has had everywhere else he has played.

But now reality has hit him in the face. He is still unsigned and no teams even seem interested. So out of desperation he arranged an interview with ESPN's Adam Schefter, but he still ended up sounding stupid. He denies ever hitting a woman, and backed it with the outrageous claim that he was raised in the Bible belt and domestic violence was "non-existent in most southern homes." Now technically he is correct that domestic violence does not occur in "most" Southern homes, but he was raised in Tennessee which is consistently ranked as one of worst states for domestic violence.

But no one seems to be buying it. Steve Smith, his former teammate with the Panthers, flat out called him a liar.
Reply/Quote
Immaturity, lieing, rebellious behavior, and violence typically are the result of poor upbringing and education. Add that he was famous, big, athletic, and probably popular he has gotten his way most of his life. These issues should have been worked out years ago by his community, but unfortunately communities no longer exist.

so what im basically saying is... sign him to the Bengals and have teammates beat him with bars of soap.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: so what im basically saying is... sign him to the Bengals and have teammates beat him with bars of soap.

Hmm, is that going to fix him?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 06:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, is that going to fix him?  

We could always try it on you to find out =)

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 06:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, is that going to fix him?  

Likely not, but sitting out the year, without an NFL paycheck might have a significant impact on his way of thinking.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Likely not, but sitting out the year, without an NFL paycheck might have a significant impact on his way of thinking.
Yes take away a paycheck for a year from a millionaire.  That will solve all his issues.  soap

Reply/Quote
please Bengals do not sign this guy or Riley Cooper.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 07:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: Yes take away a paycheck for a year from a millionaire.  That will solve all his issues.  soap

How'd that soap thing work out for Private Pyle?

Missing a years pay is the only thing that will get Hardy to change his ways.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 08:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How'd that soap thing work out for Private Pyle?

[Image: 4e05800aba35dd592e284e9596963113.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 09:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: [Image: 4e05800aba35dd592e284e9596963113.jpg]

Exactly.

Didn't you read about all the weapons Hardy owns?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 08:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How'd that soap thing work out for Private Pyle?

With guys like that, it's definitely more that just the pay.  He'll be missing the idea of being a professional athlete, the atmosphere, the crowd, all the attention.  The part about "not being part of the action" will likely have more impact than the money lost.  Guys like him have been accustomed to the attention, since Middle School.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

[Image: VX7XV8x-q-g.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not playing a year in the NFL might teach this guy to grow up.

Who knows though, I bet some team will sign him for cheap hoping to get a steal.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 12:16 AM)magikod Wrote: Not playing a year in the NFL might teach this guy to grow up.

Who knows though, I bet some team will sign him for cheap hoping to get a steal.

seems like the only way to stop himself from saying something stupid is to just go ahead and have his tounge removed.
Reply/Quote
People don't change from being stupid to smart just by being broke. If that were true I'd be the smartest guy on the planet, a claim I'm not prepared to make just quite yet.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 03:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: People don't change from being stupid to smart just by being broke. If that were true I'd be the smartest guy on the planet, a claim I'm not prepared to make just quite yet.

+rep

so true so true!!  Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Crying because Aldon Smith was signed before him makes me hate Hardy even more. I hope the dude never plays again in the NFL.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote