Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Seamon
(01-23-2016, 01:13 AM)gobobro Wrote: I was a bit bummed, but I get it for both of them. The only shot a guy like Watson has here is supplanting Peerman. Hill, Gio, and Hewitt make it tough to get a snap.

Wish the NFL would place a rule to stop this sort of bs from happening. Coach moves on, cool I get it but for him to move on and start raiding the team that gave him a chance is bush league. First year removed he should have to hire and sign from other organizations.

Granted the two losses thus far don't seem like huge deals, but if that son of a ***** goes after Jones and Iloka then he can seriously eat a giant bag of dicks.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Next thing you know Seamon will be on the middle of the field cussing at a bunch of Bengals.

Hopefully they run a lot of plays where they spread Joe thomas out wide and run it up the middle. And they definitely need to run a lot of pass plays where the intended receiver is a back up offensive linemen.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this is the last of Hobson's puff pieces on the Browns. Im getting sick of reading about how well the Browns are doing on the Bengals home page.
Reply/Quote
It seems that many of you resent the fact that Hue Jackson was handed the opportunity to turn around the Cleveland Browns and is doing his job. I hate to see him go, but for Hue it's a chance of a lifetime. He was a very good coach for us and will probably be a great coach in Cleveland.
Not many people get the opportunity to coach at the NFL level and even fewer get to be head coaches of any NFL team.
I welcome the competition and wish him well. I'd rather see Cleveland succeed than Pittsburgh and who knows? Maybe Hue's Browns will knock the dog shit out of the Squeelers..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 02:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wish the NFL would place a rule to stop this sort of bs from happening. Coach moves on, cool I get it but for him to move on and start raiding the team that gave him a chance is bush league. First year removed he should have to hire and sign from other organizations.

Granted the two losses thus far don't seem like huge deals, but if that son of a ***** goes after Jones and Iloka then he can seriously eat a giant bag of dicks.
I'd be willing to bet he goes after both of them.  I'd say plan on him being ruthless in this regard.

OTOH, maybe his desperation to be the guy who turns around that shithole leads him to some goofy moves like the Palmer trade.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 07:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: It seems that many of you resent the fact that Hue Jackson was handed the opportunity to turn around the Cleveland Browns and is doing his job.  I hate to see him go, but for Hue it's a chance of a lifetime.  He was a very good coach for us and will probably be a great coach in Cleveland.
Not many people get the opportunity to coach at the NFL level and even fewer get to be head coaches of any NFL team.
I welcome the competition and wish him well. I'd rather see Cleveland succeed than Pittsburgh and who knows?  Maybe Hue's Browns will knock the dog shit out of the Squeelers..

I wish him nothing but the worst.  I hope we stomp the shit out of him twice a year and play a huge part in his ultimate demise two years from now.  I hope they don't win a game.  I hope they aren't even competitive.  I hope they give new meaning to the word sukk.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
M Wrote:I'd be willing to bet he goes after both of them.  I'd say plan on him being ruthless in this regard.

OTOH, maybe his desperation to be the guy who turns around that shithole leads him to some goofy moves like the Palmer trade.

Illoka doesn't fit the horton defensive scheme well.

Hue will go after jones and Sanu. I bet the Browns will be overpaying for our offensive guys the next couple of years. From the stuff I have heard mentioned this is not a great WR draft class so the best way to improve may be via FA.

He needs to offer a 2 plus a pick for AJM and really make things interesting.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 11:16 PM)gobobro Wrote: I don't recall Zimmer or Gruden doing it. Did they?

You don't recall Zim trying to take Paulie with him by offering him DC for Minnesota????
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 02:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wish the NFL would place a rule to stop this sort of bs from happening. Coach moves on, cool I get it but for him to move on and start raiding the team that gave him a chance is bush league. First year removed he should have to hire and sign from other organizations.

Honestly it's common for former coaches to raid their former teams and even if we lose Jones and Iloka, teams replace players like that all the time.

Look at all the players that teams like Seattle and NE have had to replace. Part of being a great organization is learning how to replace or move on from key players that leave for more money/familiar coaches, etc. Btw, I think Iloka is a bit overrated. I'd rather hold on to Reggie (despite his age) and let Shawn Williams take over Iloka's old spot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 11:16 PM)gobobro Wrote: I don't recall Zimmer or Gruden doing it. Did they?

It's just a scout, one of four, heading into draft season. If he'd been lured away in June, I wouldn't care. In January, it bugs me a bit.

(01-23-2016, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't recall Zim trying to take Paulie with him by offering him DC for Minnesota????

Gruden wanted him, too.

And I believe they were both trying to get Vance Joseph as well...
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 07:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Every coach does this. Wait until he starts signing FA's like Jones and Iloka away.

Overpaying for our free agents has worked out well for the Browns.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I giggled a little at his name Wink

In all seriousness though, I hate to see any good coaches stay in the division and go to rivals.
Reply/Quote

Zimmer actually tried to take Guenther with him to be his DC.

Gruden was going to likely be fired before he got the Washington job, so probably nobody wanted to follow him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 12:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't recall Zim trying to take Paulie with him by offering him DC for Minnesota????

He wanted the guy we locked up before he could even ask for an interview. I'm just saying I don't recall those two actually taking anyone. 
Reply/Quote

He can try, but we've got $30 million in cap space to his $17 million. He can't outbid us without burying his team.... Unless he hates them, he'll probably be more interested in re-signing Travis Benjamin and Tashaun Gipson for less money.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 07:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: It seems that many of you resent the fact that Hue Jackson was handed the opportunity to turn around the Cleveland Browns and is doing his job.  I hate to see him go, but for Hue it's a chance of a lifetime.  He was a very good coach for us and will probably be a great coach in Cleveland.
I welcome the competition and wish him well. I'd rather see Cleveland succeed than Pittsburgh and who knows?  Maybe Hue's Browns will knock the dog shit out of the Squeelers..

It is interesting that we criticize Hue for taking a promotion with a franchise that simply can't win and THEN we get all bent out of shape when he starts doing things that might actually lead to SOME (and I mean SOME) winning there.  Anyways, if he's taking our coaches and scouts why can't we just raid another team's coaches and scouts?  Are we unworthy?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 03:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It is interesting that we criticize Hue for taking a promotion with a franchise that simply can't win and THEN we get all bent out of shape when he starts doing things that might actually lead to SOME (and I mean SOME) winning there.  Anyways, if he's taking our coaches and scouts why can't we just raid another team's coaches and scouts?  Are we unworthy?

Other team's coaches aren't as good as our coaches. Until we hire them. Then they're the best. Until they leave. Then they suck.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well frankly Hue better watch out... or that hire, just might leave a bad taste in his mouth.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M54e948b96c186fe4d951aa729c6f9...=280&h=168]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don"t care if it's the guy who sweeps up after the game. Stay the f**k away, Hue.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 01:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don"t care if it's the guy who sweeps up after the game.  Stay the f**k away, Hue.

10 days ago:  WOAH, why would Hue want to leave the Bengals to go to the Browns?  What a moron!

Today:  WOAH, stop luring everyone from the Bengals to the Browns, Hue!!!!
Reply/Quote