Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Gregg Williams as HC? Thoughts?
Gregg Williams is no longer working for the Browns. Given how he turned around the Browns this past season - getting more wins than Hue's 2 and half seasons COMBINED - SHOULD Williams be getting a look at as HC, beit from the Bengals or any other NFL team.

For the record, I'm still on the Bienemy Bandwagon, but I would find it interesting if the Bengals interviewed him (Yes, I know we're supposedly done interviewing) especially given that we also interviewed Hue Jackson for the position. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dammit. Can a mod edit the title? I meant to make it a question mark "Gregg Williams as HC? Thoughts?"

My bad to any who had their hearts skip a beta because of my stupid mistake.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Gregg Williams is no longer working for the Browns. Given how he turned around the Browns this past season - getting more wins than Hue's 2 and half seasons COMBINED - SHOULD Williams be getting a look at as HC, beit from the Bengals or any other NFL team.

For the record, I'm still on the Bienemy Bandwagon, but I would find it interesting if the Bengals interviewed him (Yes, I know we're supposedly done interviewing) especially given that we also interviewed Hue Jackson for the position.  Smirk

not sure for the HC  he did seem to get the browns playing better...  but I think after 16 years of Defensive HC we are going to the other side.

But as a DC/Assistant HC  I'm game.    And if whoever we hired flopped we'd have a potential backup plan on deck (also it would mean GW replaced Hues job Twice within a year ahhahahhahaha)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dammit. Can a mod edit the title? I meant to make it a question mark "Gregg Williams as HC? Thoughts?"

It could make Baker Mayfield's head explode having both Hue and Gregg leave him for a Division rival.
Reply/Quote
They have already interviewed everyone they are going to, and the Browns announced weeks ago they would not be going with Williams. It ain't him....
Reply/Quote
Gregg Williams hasn't beaten a single team with a winning record as HC of the Browns. As HC of the bills, he posted records of 3-13, 8-8, and 6-10 before being fired. Gregg Williams is horrible. He'd have people begging for the return of Marvin Lewis before long. Williams will not he offered a HC gig anytime soon, and will crash and burn if he is. Oh, and he's a pile of trash who likes to incentivize injuries.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Gregg Williams is no longer working for the Browns. Given how he turned around the Browns this past season - getting more wins than Hue's 2 and half seasons COMBINED - SHOULD Williams be getting a look at as HC, beit from the Bengals or any other NFL team.

For the record, I'm still on the Bienemy Bandwagon, but I would find it interesting if the Bengals interviewed him (Yes, I know we're supposedly done interviewing) especially given that we also interviewed Hue Jackson for the position. Smirk

Nah, unless we ONLY played the Steelers lol
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dammit. Can a mod edit the title? I meant to make it a question mark "Gregg Williams as HC? Thoughts?"

Did you know if you click and hold on the title of thread, in the index, you can edit it yourself?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

For the record, I'm still on the Bienemy Bandwagon, but I would find it interesting if the Bengals interviewed him (Yes, I know we're supposedly done interviewing) especially given that we also interviewed Hue Jackson for the position.  Smirk

If what we are reading are true about Bengals are close to announcing Head Coach, I don;t think it will happen possible offer as DC coach though could come to Williams
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:31 PM)depthchart Wrote: It could make Baker Mayfield's head explode having both Hue and Gregg leave him for a Division rival.

That would be reason enough, eh?
Reply/Quote
DC
Reply/Quote
This guy is pretty damn dirty.

Paying players extra to hurt other team's players yah know...
Reply/Quote

I don't see Mike Brown hiring someone who was the person in charge of Bounty Gate, at least for HC. But both Vance Joseph and Eric Bieniemy have a checkered past too, so who knows.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 04:31 PM)depthchart Wrote: It could make Baker Mayfield's head explode having both Hue and Gregg leave him for a Division rival.

I do question Baker's intelligence if he doesn't understand that Hue was fired from the Browns and didn't choose to leave the Browns on his own accord. If I was let go from my company and a competitor offered me a position, I'd take it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy is pretty damn dirty.

Of course, it could make playing Pittsburgh interesting. (Overheard from the Bengals huddle.... "Hey Vontaze, how much is Coach Williams giving you to wreck Rottenberbers knee?")
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I do question Baker's intelligence if he doesn't understand that Hue was fired from the Browns and didn't choose to leave the Browns on his own accord. If I was let go from my company and a competitor offered me a position, I'd take it.

i think baker is just mad hue didn't start him week 1
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 06:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think baker is just mad hue didn't start him week 1

I think he's just a douchebag....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

I like him as our new DC/Assistant HC. He would be highly motivated to spank Mayfield and the Browns twice a year. And he has always been a good DC, a player DC who motivates well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy is pretty damn dirty.

It was not uncommon back then, others were doing it also. He just got caught.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Need someone established. Maybe Lovie Smith or John Fox.
Reply/Quote