Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gresham is visiting the Saints
(06-10-2015, 01:44 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You do realize he had back surgery right? Probably scares off a lot of teams when a guy missed games with a back issue, then has surgery for it.

Yes I do and I'm sure that's a large factor in basically the entire NFL avoiding him. But there are two or three other red flags holding them back as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 10:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. I remember it the way SHRacerX does. Gresh had a few hit his hands in the first half. Your site must be very forgiving with how they record drops. Why do you think they phased Gresh out in the 2nd half and focused on AJ?

I could understand what you're saying if he didn't have 5 recorded targets with 5 receptions. Meaning, anything that got near him was a completed catch in that game. There couldn't have been any instances where a ball hit him in the hands since it would have counted as at least a target. It's not like he was 6 targets, 5 receptions, 0 drops. That would lead you to believe there could have been a leniency on what was considered a drop. The fact that he had a 100% catch percentage shows that there's no way he could have dropped a pass in that game. These guys watch each game multiple times, I don't think they'd miss something like a ball that hit a guy in the hands and forgot to record it as a target, drop, or anything else for that matter.

Gresham had 2 drops in the 2012 season playoff game, maybe that's the one you guys are thinking of?

Then he was 7/7 for 64 yards and a TD in 2013.

Then injured in 2014.

I'm all for giving criticism where it's due, I just have an issue with people making things up to bash our guys. There are definitely reasons to point out that Jermaine Gresham isn't one of the best receivers in the league, but he's also not as bad as you would think if you only read Jungle Noise and didn't watch football. You'd probably get the idea that he's an awful TE if your only source of NFL news was this forum.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 04:25 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 5 targets, 5 receptions, 46 yards, 0 drops.

But hey, at least we can just make stuff up whenever we feel like it on the internet!

Watch the game.  Whether he was "credited" with drops or not, he was absolutely horrible and he was not even close to a 100% completion rate. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:09 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Gresham had 2 drops in the 2012 season playoff game, maybe that's the one you guys are thinking of?

Well that was the game where Jay used Gresh as his "secret weapon" as SHRacer was referring to. 

I just noticed that he also said "first playoff game". Maybe that's where we're getting confused. It was actually the 2nd playoff game where Gresh was a "secret weapon".

I guess I can understand where SHRacer got mixed up. We've had 4 straight nearly identical playoff losses, including 2 against the Texans, so.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well that was the game where Jay used Gresh as his "secret weapon" as SHRacer was referring to. 

I just noticed that he also said "first playoff game". Maybe that's where we're getting confused. It was actually the 2nd playoff game where Gresh was a "secret weapon".

I guess I can understand where SHRacer got mixed up. We've had 4 straight nearly identical playoff losses, including 2 against the Texans, so.

I'd like to see how that "secret weapon" practice went.

"Wow Gresh you're really killing our LBs out there.  This is soooo gonna work."

then gameday...

[Image: th?id=JN.K%2fJ9%2fIJ6WUfL74f8PbuOiA&pid=...d=15.1&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd like to see how that "secret weapon" practice went.

then gameday...

You know, on the surface I can understand what Jay was thinking. Burn them with Gresh and make them pay for bracketing coverage on AJ. Plus JJo had success covering AJ in the previous games against us.

But yeah...didn't work out so well. Gresh did have a solid game the next year though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know, on the surface I can understand what Jay was thinking. Burn them with Gresh and make them pay for bracketing coverage on AJ. Plus JJo had success covering AJ in the previous games against us.

But yeah...didn't work out so well. Gresh did have a solid game the next year though.

Yeah he basically wanted to do with Gresh what they did with their TE against us.  It worked for them.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Steelers/Ravens lose a starter and Bengals fans are all like
"OH MAN, they're gonna stink now! It's the Bengals' time to take OVA the AFC NOOOORTHHHH!!!!"

Bengals lose a starter and Bengals fans are all like
"OH MAN, (insert next man up's name here) is gonna be so much better! It's the Bengals' time to take OVA the AFC NOOOORTHHHH!!!!"
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 12:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Steelers/Ravens lose a starter and Bengals fans are all like
"OH MAN, they're gonna stink now!  It's the Bengals' time to take OVA the AFC NOOOORTHHHH!!!!"

"OH MAN, (insert next man up's name here) is gonna be so much better!  It's the Bengals' time to take OVA the AFC NOOOORTHHHH!!!!"

Yeah, that just about sums it up. Hobsonitis might be the correct term for this condition.  ThumbsUp

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd like to see how that "secret weapon" practice went.

then gameday...

Sorry, it was the second playoff game.   I actually think it might have worked as he was open both times, and he also committed a drive-killing false start.  Regardless, we all have different opinions of Gresham and that is fine, but it seems like the Bengals are with me on this one. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 12:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Steelers/Ravens lose a starter and Bengals fans are all like
"OH MAN, they're gonna stink now!  It's the Bengals' time to take OVA the AFC NOOOORTHHHH!!!!"

"OH MAN, (insert next man up's name here) is gonna be so much better!  It's the Bengals' time to take OVA the AFC NOOOORTHHHH!!!!"

It's called...one of the many harmless things fan do that occasionally cross over into take it  too far town.  It's just how some people do.  In my mind, too positive is a lot easier to take than overly negative.

Part of the appeal of being a fan is that you do it with your heart first and foremost.  And the heart, being so far from the brain, can get disconnected and go rogue, which is something every heart needs to do.  Humans need things to believe in.

This is our year.  That says it all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 08:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know, on the surface I can understand what Jay was thinking. Burn them with Gresh and make them pay for bracketing coverage on AJ. Plus JJo had success covering AJ in the previous games against us.

The mentality was ok...if you have the reputation of doing that kind of thing (belichick). I'd prefer the Bengals learn how to run to first base before going for the triple.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Well when we lose a starter that has been a liability for us the last couple of years it is better. Gresham had 6 fumbles in 13+14. He also lead the league in offensive penalties in 13, and still had quite a few in 14. His production the last few years has been horrible. I think he's only had ~900 yards if you combine the last two years. Gresham is a great blocker, but I can't say much else.
Reply/Quote
I guess there's one thing about him that has to be acknowledged--he inspires conversation.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Saints will become a better team if they sign Jermaine Gresham. He was far better in Cincinnati than he's given credit for. Flawed, no doubt, but not the complete piece of shit that some paint him as.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 10:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well when we lose a starter that has been a liability for us the last couple of years it is better. Gresham had 6 fumbles in 13+14. He also lead the league in offensive penalties in 13, and still had quite a few in 14. His production the last few years has been horrible. I think he's only had ~900 yards if you combine the last two years. Gresham is a great blocker, but I can't say much else.

Funny how the guy who gets a boner over how many TDs Dalton has tossed is so dismissive of a TE who managed to haul in over 20% of them. 
Reply/Quote
I was a Gresham fan. Just wish he could have learned to secure the ball.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote