Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gresham is visiting the Saints
I wish him the best of luck.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 08:08 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Never said that was the only reason, but you think it doesn't play into it? A.J. Green was as sure handed as they come, and last season, more drops, more routes he broke off or balls he didn't try for because Andy is not consistent. You think a wide out doesn't get tired of inaccurate throws? You think a wide out doesn't start to realize the ball may or may not be where it's supposed to be? Put any receiver on a team with Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers and see how they elevate their play. The ball is on time, where it's supposed to be. A receiver trust his QB isn't going to hang him out to dry or miss him completely. Better coaching, better QB play, I don't see any way that Gresh doesn't show the first round talent he had.

I just think Dalton's inaccuracy is overblown a bit. Sure he has a few games every year where he really sails some throws, but for the most part he's fairly on target. I don't think he's so bad that it gets in receiver's heads, or that Andy is to blame for drops. I just think some folks try to blame every problem on the QB. 

Sure, if you put any receiver with the QB's you named (all elite), they're probably going to be better off, but I don't think Gresh's problems were with the QB. I think they're in his head. He'd run incorrect routes, drop passes that were between the numbers and he had 6 fumbles in his last 108 catches. 

If he has those problems in NO, it won't matter how good Brees is, because Brees will start to ignore him. Elite QB's don't stand for that crap. Gresh had 1st round physical skills, but until he gets it together upstairs, he won't be any better in NO than he was here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If ever there was a guy in need of a change in scenery, it's Gresh. Wonder if people down there will expect him to be the next Jimmy Graham.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 11:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/03/report-jermaine-gresham-visiting-saints/

I'm hoping he signs, because it's possibly the best situation for a TE in the NFL. They pass more than any team and Graham put up monster numbers there.

Can't wait to see how Gresh does. I know a lot of folks thought our system held him back. If he signs with the Saints, we'll see about that.
Tiger Would that be the system that discourages holding (especially on a big play) and being able to count to 2 (to avoid pre-snap penalties)??

Hope the Saints employ a much easier system...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 02:39 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is his inconsistent pass catching due to his ability, or is part of it, Dalton sailing passes high instead of sticking them on the numbers like Brees will do for him?

Gresham's output compared to his number of targets won't just be a gauge of the difference of QBs, it will be a difference of the system and how he's used as well, so, no one will really be able to say the QB is what made the difference.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:52 PM)McC Wrote: If ever there was a guy in need of a change in scenery, it's Gresh. Wonder if people down there will expect him to be the next Jimmy Graham.

If he comes close he can trade that black hat in for a white one.
Reply/Quote
What are the odds of this turning into a Michael Johnston-style "good riddance....hey, welcome back!" sort of thing. Hmm......
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 04:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are the odds of this turning into a Michael Johnston-style "good riddance....hey, welcome back!" sort of thing.  Hmm......

This could be a trend we're seeing develop.  Let a player go, and then take him back when he's healthy and all motivated.  You might be on to something.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 04:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What are the odds of this turning into a Michael Johnston-style "good riddance....hey, welcome back!" sort of thing.  Hmm......

Who was saying good riddance to Michael Johnson?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who was saying good riddance to Michael Johnson?

Oh come on, any time a player wants more money and goes somewhere else there are more than zero fans getting all butthurt like they'd play for the Bengals for free!
Reply/Quote
Latest word on the streets was Gresham had a sore throat during the visit to New Orleans and refused to talk till his throat was back to 100% Ninja
Reply/Quote
I heard that too GodFather. He was given an antibiotics pill to clear it, but he swallowed before he put the pill on his tongue - false start. Then he was carrying the pill carelessly on one finger and dropped it.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 01:23 AM)Benton Wrote: Gresham is going to look better when he's not hanging back and taking up the slack Smith creates.

This to some effect, ... On a side note:

Smith is looking really well this season in OTAs'...the weight is down significantly.  ThumbsUp

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote

The coaches never bad mouthed MJ.  It might be a different situation.  Unless the Bengals were really wrong about the two draft picks or disaster strikes. he won't be back, imo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 01:06 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: This to some effect, ... On a side note:

Smith is looking really well this season in OTAs'...the weight is down significantly.  ThumbsUp

Contract year and maybe his last chance to cash in.  I hope I'm being too cynical and he actually is all in for a SB run.  He's definitely got outstanding in him.  I hope every guy on the team is doing everything possible to get the gorilla off their backs.  Coaches too.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 02:52 PM)McC Wrote: If ever there was a guy in need of a change in scenery, it's Gresh.  Wonder if people down there will expect him to be the next Jimmy Graham.

They shouldn't lol. He is no Jimmy Graham. 
Reply/Quote

Same question that many others have had that you have not answerer.......who was saying good riddance to Michael Johnson?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 06:55 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Same question that many others have had that you have not answerer.......who was saying good riddance to Michael Johnson?

Not me!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 06:57 PM)magikod Wrote: Not me!

I do not remember anyone saying good riddance to MJ and especially anyone within the franchise stating this sentiment which is why I would really like to see him answer to this claim.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 06:55 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Same question that many others have had that you have not answerer.......who was saying good riddance to Michael Johnson?

(06-06-2015, 07:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I do not remember anyone saying good riddance to MJ and especially anyone within the franchise stating this sentiment which is why I would really like to see him answer to this claim.

If you're talking about the organization, I don't think anyone wanted him gone.  The fans are another story.  Too bad Jungle Noise is gone because you can't go back to look for yourself.  There were many posters on the site that busted on Johnson, particularly after the 2013 season and then his decision to leave.  They simply looked at the sack numbers and ignored his strength against the run, total snaps played and overall leadership.  (Sort of similar to Justin Smith isn't it.) These guys may not admit it now but they were there.  In fact, I'm not going to do the work for you but you can probably browse through the archives at Cincy Jungle and find some of the comments for yourself.
Reply/Quote