Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Gresham's random act of kindness
Cardinals' Gresham performs random act of kindness at airport https://news360.com/article/456376009
Quote:Arizona Cardinals tight end Jermaine Gresham recently performed a random act of kindness at an airport.

The 6-foot-5, 260-pound NFL veteran was at Los Angeles International Airport when he saw a woman in need. Delilah Cassidy was getting ready to board an American Airlines flight when she was told she needed to pay for her carry-on bag. She was unable to use her credit card to pay for the transaction.
Gresham then stepped up to the counter and helped out.
"I consolidate my bags into one and they measure it and say it's just a little too big," Cassidy tweeted. "They proceed to charge me $50, except they only take credit card, no cash. Since I just got back from Europe all my cards are being declined as Chase doesn't know I'm back."
"Update: It was Jermaine Gresham."
- @Delilah Cassidy (@Delilah_Cassidy)
The recent Arizona State University graduate said that the agents at the gate said she was going to have to miss the flight back and go back to the ticket counter.
"I'm pleading, devastated after a long day of travel," she tweeted. "Then, this man walks up and says, 'How much is it?' They tell him $50 and he says 'I got it.'"
"I'm astonished and tell him it's fine not to worry and he hands the lady his card as the American Airlines employees stand in silence shocked by this man's generosity. They swipe the card and he tells me to have a great flight and hop on board."
Cassidy said she was crying as she sent the tweets and called Gresham an angel. When she boarded the flight she saw him sitting in first class and offered to pay him, but he told her to pay it forward.
Cassidy later posted the selfie, telling the world that the good samaritan was Gresham.
"I'm astonished and tell him it's fine not to worry and he hands the lady his card as the American Airlines employees stand in silence shocked by this man's generosity. They swipe the card and he tells me to have a great flight and hop on board."
- @Delilah Cassidy (@Delilah_Cassidy)
The 29-year-old Gresham is entering his ninth NFL season. Gresham played the first five years of his career for the Cincinnati Bengals before joining the Cardinals in 2015. The two-time Pro Bowl selection is due $5.25 million in base salary this season and is signed through 2020.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice move.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 07:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nice move.

You wanna bet that Delilah Cassidy is smoking hot? Sure it was a nice move, but I'd bet that if it was someone who looked like Rosanne Barr he would've kept that CC right in his wallet. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 02:31 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You wanna bet that Delilah Cassidy is smoking hot? Sure it was a nice move, but I'd bet that if it was someone who looked like Rosanne Barr he would've kept that CC right in his wallet. 

She's actually not that stellar...

https://twitter.com/Delilah_Cassidy

AND she's a sports journalism person at ASU and she doesn't know who Gresh is... ugh.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
A fine act of kindness from Gresham :andy:
Reply/Quote
What do you want to bet he pulled the card out before they declined her, and he was flagged for false start....... Hilarious
J/K..... class move Jermaine.
As for the airports, my son got caught up in the same deal in Houston, where the airlines will not accept cash (because they don't trust their employees). I don't think the FAA should allow this policy. Cash is king. Lot's of people do not even have credit cards.
Reply/Quote
I don't see how they can legally refuse cash. If you look on the front of every bill in circulation it clearly states "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private".
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 03:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: She's actually not that stellar...

https://twitter.com/Delilah_Cassidy

AND she's a sports journalism person at ASU and she doesn't know who Gresh is... ugh.

She's not exactly a troll either.....you can bet your ass if that had been me, my bags wouldn't be on that plane!!!! LMAO

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMhwYfSEZcF1DCkGJKGxI...DIn0-wo0wR]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 10:42 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: She's not exactly a troll either.....you can bet your ass if that had been me, my bags wouldn't be on that plane!!!! LMAO

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMhwYfSEZcF1DCkGJKGxI...DIn0-wo0wR]

Thank you so much for posting Fred! That song is just an awesome song, even if it is mediocre, lyrically.

And yeah, she's not the worst-looking thing on the planet, but for people to suggest that he did it simply for that... well, who knows? lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote