Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Grier gone to the Patriots
I honestly don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Our 1 legged Qb is more than likely out on Monday our number 2 is basically hopeless and now QB3 has ****** off.

Does this make Mix the back up QB on Monday? LOL
Reply/Quote
Light up the bat signal. 

[Image: 200430114839-01-andy-dalton-bengals-2019...ge-169.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:35 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: I honestly don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Our 1 legged Qb is more than likely out on Monday our number 2 is basically hopeless and now QB3 has ****** off.

Does this make Mix the back up QB on Monday? LOL

Wow. That is incredible. 

Bengals need to turn it into a positive by signing a good backup QB.

BTW, why wasn't Grier on the active squad? He was a third round pick, he was on the Cowboys active squad for a while and now is on the Patriots active squad.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Light up the bat signal. 

He's expected to start for the Panthers this week as Bryce Young may be out due to an ankle injury.  The team he signed a 2 year contract with back in March.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Either Burrow is in better shape that we think, or our front office is being rather lax.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: Wow. That is incredible. 

Bengals need to turn it into a positive by signing a good backup QB.

BTW, why wasn't Grier on the active squad? He was a third round pick, he was on the Cowboys active squad for a while and now is on the Patriots active squad.

Good backups?? Few and far between have you see many of the backs, this might be the thinnest backups that have experience I can remember plus many avg qbs .. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:50 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He's expected to start for the Panthers this week as Bryce Young may be out due to an ankle injury.  The team he signed a 2 year contract with back in March.

I'm aware, they mentioned earlier on 1530 he was looking to get the start.  I was just being facetious  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Good backups?? Few and far between have you see many of the backs, this might be the thinnest backups that have experience I can remember plus many avg qbs .. 

With Burrow injured and no guarantee he will be ready to play on Monday, not signing Grier to the active squad was a big mistake. 

But then again, how does it work? Did Grier have the opportunity to go the Bengals and say the Patriots are going to sign me, do you want a chance to put me on your active squad? He's a third QB on the Patriots as it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Either Burrow is in better shape that we think, or our front office is being rather lax.

Burrow was only good enough for warmups today.

Front Office had too much corn syruo this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm aware, they mentioned earlier on 1530 he was looking to get the start.  I was just being facetious  Tongue

Fair enough, you never know around here.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Siemian just for his familiarity with the playbook and increasing likelihood that they might actually need to use him. So less Grier signing with the Pats than that the Bengals were about to let him go anyway. But who knows. I wouldn't be surprised by much anymore. All I know is that these strange moves are often less strange behind closed doors for the ppl who are actually involved.
Reply/Quote
Just stupid Bengals…just freaking stupid
Reply/Quote
Still can't believe they didn't steal Zappe for nothing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:06 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Just stupid Bengals…just freaking stupid

I wouldn't go there yet. I think Katie listens to Zac... Oh wait...

Reply/Quote
Of course.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
This franchise is run by idiots. Let Collins walk for nothing and with a hobbled Burrow we leave the only decent back-up plan in place exposed to get plucked away.

Bungles gonna bungle.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Light up the bat signal. 

Bryce Young is put. Dalton is starting for Panthers.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 08:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bryce Young is put. Dalton is starting for Panthers.

See post #7.
Reply/Quote
You have got to be kidding! I was excited to see what the kid could do. No excuse for this bungle. Didn’t a rule change take place this off season to allow an extra QB dressed for your 53 roster. This makes no sense. The minute Burrow reagrevated his calf Grier should have been called up.

We should have extended Hurst cheap before he got to test the market. Collins sucked last year but I’m sure a tackle needy team like Cleveland would have given a 6th/7th rounder for him at least. Now this. Unless he was un-tradable due to injury. Wtf is going on this season.
Reply/Quote
I think this points to Jake Browning starting Monday, we need a backup to the backup, ASAP. Browns best player goes down and they pick up Hunt next day. What are we doing. Nobody wants to throw to Tee/Ja'marr, look good for a bit and then sign elsewhere post superbowl win?
Reply/Quote