Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gripe Thread week 5 L vs AZ
I figured I'd start another one of these threads for us to blow off generic steam regarding the loss to AZ. I'll start by saying that I knew they COULD lose, but the idea of losing to a winless team at home seemed too bad to fathom. So it goes.

I'm listening to the call-in show now and the guy on there now is saying Marvin NEVER would have gone for it on 4th and 1...which he did in 2018 alone, but meh...whatever.

Comments?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We'd probably have atleast 2 wins IF Marvin were still here. Maybe 3.

The coaching is absolutely the worst in the NFL. I question if these guys could develop draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'd probably have atleast 2 wins IF Marvin were still here. Maybe 3.

The coaching is absolutely the worst in the NFL. I question if these guys could develop draft picks.

I don't even think about the Ws and Ls because this team is failing all over the place (which usually leads to a HC being fired, I guess).  I think more about how we had a laundry list of things ZT was going to do that Marvin didn't do and how I'm just not seeing the big difference, especially not big positive differences.
Reply/Quote
Not blown away by Zac, to say the least, but things would be just as bad with Merv driving this rambler.

It’s a message board, talk about whatever you want, but I truly don’t understand why he is brought up so frequently. Merv was awful his past few seasons. He had to go. Remains to be seen if Zac Be Nimble Zac Be Thick is any improvement, but at least there’s a chance.

He had a shitty draft and surrounded himself with walking cotton candy for assistants, his play calling has been shit and I think he farts a lot on the sidelines. But his guys seem to love him, and he’s relatable. A regular guy. For example, he and I have won the same amount of games as an NFL Head Coach.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Here is my gripe
This roster isn't that bad but but the front office lack to address the teams problem is what pisses me off. There was no excuse for resigning both Brown and Hart but the Dumbass's that run this team couldn't see that and I have no confidence that they will.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I regret spending three hours that I never will get back watching the Bungles. There is my gripe.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:32 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I regret spending three hours that I never will get back watching the Bungles. There is my gripe.

That's the worst part ain't it ?

Hell I could have done any number of things much more satisfying. Driving toothpicks under my fingernails. Walking on hot coals. Pouring gasoline in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Not blown away by Zac, to say the least, but things would be just as bad with Merv driving this rambler.

It’s a message board, talk about whatever you want, but I truly don’t understand why he is brought up so frequently. Merv was awful his past few seasons. He had to go. Remains to be seen if Zac Be Nimble Zac Be Thick is any improvement, but at least there’s a chance.

He had a shitty draft and surrounded himself with walking cotton candy for assistants, his play calling has been shit and I think he farts a lot on the sidelines. But his guys seem to love him, and he’s relatable. A regular guy. For example, he and I have won the same amount of games as an NFL Head Coach.

I was all about replacing Marvin, I just think the whole "anyone will be better than Marvin" talk (which I bought into a bit) is the rub.  It's hard to say that Marvin would also be 0-5 here because we are already saying that no QB can win here, no HC can win here, and so on and so forth.  The only people we aren't giving a pass for being in stripes are on the o-line.
Reply/Quote
Did we really need another gripe thread? I mean, it kinda seems like JN is plumb full of them right now.. LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did we really need another gripe thread?  I mean, it kinda seems like JN is plumb full of them right now..   LOL

I figured this makes more sense than looking for a new JN thread that fits a specific gripe and posting there.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did we really need another gripe thread? I mean, it kinda seems like JN is plumb full of them right now.. LOL

In one word:

Of f****** course we do.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did we really need another gripe thread?  I mean, it kinda seems like JN is plumb full of them right now..   LOL

This is the extra, extra special gripe thread. They're above and beyond regular gripes.  :andy:
Reply/Quote

This is the "official" gripe thread.

WTS: 

Auden Tate is turrible

Zac Taylor is in over his head and he has NOBODY to help him

WTF is Jerry not starting at LT

I saw Geno on the side of a milk carton this morning
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is the "official" gripe thread.

WTS: 

Auden Tate is turrible

A considerable milk carton.

Reply/Quote
You get what you pay for , don’t sign quality free agents and it shows. When it comes to leadership Dalton is no General Patton.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't even think about the Ws and Ls because this team is failing all over the place (which usually leads to a HC being fired, I guess).  I think more about how we had a laundry list of things ZT was going to do that Marvin didn't do and how I'm just not seeing the big difference, especially not big positive differences.

In most ways, he's much much worse.

Imagine that. Hiring the least experienced coaching staff you could imagine failing...
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Not blown away by Zac, to say the least, but things would be just as bad with Merv driving this rambler.

Marvin started 4-1 last year. With Dalton, Boyd, Ross, and Mixon...I think we'd have atleast 1 or 2 wins now. Maybe 3.

Taylor obviously isn't some offensive genius. That's why he was brought here.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't even think about the Ws and Ls because this team is failing all over the place (which usually leads to a HC being fired, I guess).  I think more about how we had a laundry list of things ZT was going to do that Marvin didn't do and how I'm just not seeing the big difference, especially not big positive differences.

Sadly, ZT isn't getting nearly as much done as Marvin did just last season.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is the "official" gripe thread.

WTS: 

Auden Tate is turrible

How we get zero pressure on a bad Cardinals offensive line is puzzling. Well not puzzling. But it should be puzzling.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How we get zero pressure on a bad Cardinals offensive line is puzzling. Well not puzzling. But it should be puzzling.

I can see why people get tired of your posts, but this got a chuckle out of me.
Reply/Quote