Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gronk retires
As great as he was, imagine if he hadn't been injured virtually every season. It will be interesting to see the Patriots without him fulltime. I also wonder if he will make a surprise unretirement about 1/2 way through the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I saw on Twitter people asking if he was the GOAT TE, to me personally it's still Tony G, then Gates and Witten. But Gronk is definitely up there. 5X Pro-Bowler, 4X All-Pro, 3X Super-Bowl Champ. I'd say he's a lock for the Hall. 1st Ballot?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congrats to a legend of the game!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024012/article/patriots-te-rob-gronkowski-announces-retirement

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The already slim pickings just got slimmer for the TE position in fantasy football...

When he was on, he was damn near unstoppable... Entertaining as hell too with his dumb ass...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 07:41 PM)Bryan Wrote: I saw on Twitter people asking if he was the GOAT TE, to me personally it's still Tony G, then Gates and Witten. But Gronk is definitely up there. 5X Pro-Bowler, 4X All-Pro, 3X Super-Bowl Champ. I'd say he's a lock for the Hall. 1st Ballot?

To me it’s between Gonzalez and Gronk.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To me it’s between Gonzalez and Gronk.

If you go just by the numbers, it almost has to be Gonzales.  But if you go by impact, it's pretty hard to go against Gronk.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is one of those moments where you hate to lose someone you love to hate. Great player.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 07:41 PM)Bryan Wrote: I saw on Twitter people asking if he was the GOAT TE, to me personally it's still Tony G, then Gates and Witten. But Gronk is definitely up there. 5X Pro-Bowler, 4X All-Pro, 3X Super-Bowl Champ. I'd say he's a lock for the Hall. 1st Ballot?

He is the Barry Sanders or Calvin Johnson of TE. Arguably the greatest
But walking away too soon to determine. But at the heights of each of their career, the most dominant players I have seen.
Reply/Quote
Likely to be followed by the who might have been great Tyler Eifert.. I've always wondered how worth it is to sacrifice your body for a lifetime of pain just for fame and fortune.. I'm not sure I'd want to make such a sacrifice. These are still young men, but by the time they're my age...jeeeez..a million bottles of pain killers later?  I wouldn't do it intentionally .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote