Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gronkowski to Steelers Rumor
https://www.inquisitr.com/4848594/nfl-rumors-patriots-could-trade-rob-gronkowski-to-steelers-or-texans-per-12up/

I think he may go to Jags, if he is traded.

If he goes to Steelers, we will have an issue.

Opinions? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gronk is nursing many injuries and concussions. I don't think he is going to want to come to the AFCN....
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 04:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Gronk is nursing many injuries and concussions. I don't think he is going to want to come to the AFCN....

I agree, the thought still scares me though.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 04:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Gronk is nursing many injuries and concussions. I don't think he is going to want to come to the AFCN....

I hope Marrone and Coughlin trade for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, the thought still scares me though.

Especially, when I'm not sure we have anyone on the roster to match up.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 04:28 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Especially, when I'm not sure we have anyone on the roster to match up.

I'm not sure anyone in the NFL matches up with that guy, to be fair.
Reply/Quote
The cap starved Steelers are going to trade for an often injured star and pay him big $? Please do
Reply/Quote
Burfict will break his legs just by looking at them.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I can't see his happening. First, I don't see them trading hm to any team in the AFC. They don't want to have to deal with that matchup n a playoff game, nor do they wanna face the wrath of an angry Gronk.
Compile that with an emerging target for Ben, in James, it just doesn't seem like a typical wise Patriots move.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 05:23 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not sure anyone in the NFL matches up with that guy, to be fair.

Eric Berry held him in check this past year... The Bengals certainly don't have anyone who can though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 05:35 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The cap starved Steelers are going to trade for an often injured star and pay him big $? Please do
EXACTLY.

They're already going to have to make moves to get enough money to even sign their draft picks, much-less any other free agents, and then finding another 8 or 9 million to sign Gronk.

Furthermore, like you said, I doubt they'd give big money to another guy that would be all but guaranteed to miss a few games a year, but I wish they would.
(03-31-2018, 05:52 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I can't see his happening. First, I don't see them trading hm to any team in the AFC. They don't want to have to deal with that matchup n a playoff game, nor do they wanna face the wrath of an angry Gronk.
Compile that with an emerging target for Ben, in James, it just doesn't seem like a typical wise Patriots move.

I don't think that they trade him regardless, but, yeah, definitely not to a team in the AFC.

The only reason I could see it happening is that Gronk's been so non-committal about even playing next season and the Pats don't play games with that kind of bullshit.

Unlike the Steelers with Bell, they don't let a player hold them by the nuts.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 06:08 PM)jason Wrote: Eric Berry held him in check this past year... The Bengals certainly don't have anyone who can though.

Jags used Ramsey when they weren't in Cover 3. It worked.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 06:08 PM)jason Wrote: Eric Berry held him in check this past year... The Bengals certainly don't have anyone who can though.

Jags used Ramsey when they weren't in Cover 3. It worked.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 08:14 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Jags used Ramsey when they weren't in Cover 3. It worked.

Didn't Gronk miss more than half of the game?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 08:12 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Jags used Ramsey when they weren't in Cover 3. It worked.

Yeah we don't have him either.
This would be the craziest trade of All time but the Pats are going to trade to the highest bidder so who knows.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 08:18 PM)samhain Wrote: Didn't Gronk miss more than half of the game?

Yes, he played most of the first half.

Jags bottled him up well. He got three looks with one catch.
Reply/Quote
Gronk to Steelers would suck for him. AFCN is not as kind as the AFCE.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 05:52 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I can't see his happening. First, I don't see them trading hm to any team in the AFC. They don't want to have to deal with that matchup n a playoff game, nor do they wanna face the wrath of an angry Gronk.

I agree with you.  They generally trade good players to places where they can come back to haunt them.  They'd have to feel Pitt or jax gave them a deal they couldn't refuse to move him to one of those teams
Reply/Quote
If Gronk went to the Steelers, I set the over/under on games played at 7.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is a bunch of horseshit. It was started by some no name writer on a no name website, then picked up and reposted by a slightly more known no-name website, then shared all over Fagbook. This is how fake news gets spread.
Reply/Quote