Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now
(10-12-2016, 10:32 AM)Dill Wrote: Let's get some clarity here.

You say that I assume "he was saying he literally assaults women." Yes I do, if he says he was groping them, he was literally saying that.

And you appear to let Trump off the hook because everyone else not running for president has made disgusting comments--admitting that maybe not all have bragged about sexual assault. The big take away for you is that the video alone could not legally convict Trump of sexual assault.

If someone applies for a job as a teacher in a grade school, and then a video surfaces in which he brags of fondling children and how he gets away with it because he is an adult, would you say the video proves exactly nothing, we have no idea what he really meant, and go ahead an hire him?  We are never going to do away with child abuse/sexism.

to me, his comment is an afterthought from their original comment about kissing and his failed attempt to get with a married woman.
He admits to kissing, no problems there. Then after a bit he says Grab that ... 
It'd be like having a conversation with your bud and saying something like whip that .. boy, don't let it whip you. It's just a figure of speech.

It really in no way implicates him of actually doing it.
His actions don't tell the same story.
Women that have worked for Trump:
Louise Sunshine
Jennifer Crissafulli-Oberton
Barbara Res
Hope Hicks
Norma Foerderer
Rhona Graff
Diedre Rosen
Jill Martin
Just to name a few that have had very successful careers working for him.

As far as Hillary goes, She's very rude and disrespectful to the Secret Service, referring to them as her bag boys, and if they don't do as she says, she'll replace them? The way she talks about Jews (Kike) and Black People (super predators).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-12-2016, 04:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: to me, his comment is an afterthought from their original comment about kissing and his failed attempt to get with a married woman.
He admits to kissing, no problems there. Then after a bit he says Grab that ... 
It'd be like having a conversation with your bud and saying something like whip that .. boy, don't let it whip you. It's just a figure of speech.

It really in no way implicates him of actually doing it.
His actions don't tell the same story.
Women that have worked for Trump:
Louise Sunshine
Jennifer Crissafulli-Oberton
Barbara Res
Hope Hicks
Norma Foerderer
Rhona Graff
Diedre Rosen
Jill Martin
Just to name a few that have had very successful careers working for him.

As far as Hillary goes, She's very rude and disrespectful to the Secret Service, referring to them as her bag boys, and if they don't do as she says, she'll replace them? The way she talks about Jews (Kike) and Black People (super predators).
Well now... I never heard she was anti-Semitic.
Her emails showed her pandering to Israel.

Any links on that, or anything ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Quote:Let's get some clarity here.

Cooper reminded Trump that bragging about groping women was bragging about sexual assault. Trump said that talking about groping women, as he plainly was, was not talking about sexual assault; just "locker room talk." I said he does not get the distinction, does not recognize what actions are legally definable as sexual assault. (And I further say he does not get it even if he was ONLY trying to make Bush laugh.)

Clearly you're the one that needs some clarity here. Let me break this down for you.

What you are doing is making an invalid argument. Why is your argument invalid? Because it makes false presumptions. You argument goes like this....

1. Trump said he gropes women.
2. Groping women is sexual assault.
3. Trump said he gropes women, therefore he is a sexual assaulter.

First of all, Trump never said he randomly goes around groping women . Trump said women will let you do anything to them when you're famous and continued in what sounded like a joking manner saying the infamous "grab em' by the *****" line. Trump never said he actually grabs women by the *****. He made the statement that women will let you do that. Regardless..... lets say Trump actually did say "I randomly grope women all the time". There's still a problem with your second premise that "Groping women is sexual assault". Well actually, no it isn't. Groping women without their CONSENT is sexual assault. Groping in itself is not sexual assault. It depends on the scenario in which the groping takes place.

People have made the word "groping" synonymous with "sexual assault" and that's the problem. When people start talking about "groping" they've already made up in their mind that whatever "groping" incident took place was sexual assault. But as I have already stated you have no idea who Trump has groped (if anyone) nor do you know whether or not the groping was consensual. You are assuming Trump goes around randomly groping women without their consent but have no proof of this, nor has Trump said he goes around randomly groping women without their consent.

Also keep in mind that consent does not mean someone will say "yeah you can grope me" as a way of showing consent. For some reason people seem to think that's what "consent" means, a verbal agreement. What a joke. Tell me what women (or man) you have verbally agreed to kiss before doing so.

Quote: And you "correct" me by pointing out "All [the video] proves is that Trump thinks what he was talking about is just locker room talk."  I.e., that he does not see a distinction between bragging about sexual assault and "just locker room talk." I.e., Exactly what I said.

What are you talking about? You're missing the point. There was no distinction to miss because what Trump said is NOT sexual assault. It depends on the context of the situation that determines whether or not the "groping" was sexual assault, not the groping itself. Someone could tell you "Hey man, I was with this woman last night and groped her so hard" and you would think it's sexual assault simply because he said he groped her because you have your rape culture hearing aids in.

I will say this again. Groping is NOT sexual assault. Groping without consent is. But you have no idea who has and who hasn't consented to anything Trump has done or possibly done to them. All you can do is fantasize in your mind how the "groping" took place and conclude that it either was or wasn't sexual assault, but either way it does not mean your conclusion is absolutely the right one.

Quote:You say that I assume "he was saying he literally assaults women." Yes I do, if he says he was groping them, he was literally saying that.

That would be true if groping was sexual assault. Saying you groped someone is not the same as saying you literally sexually assaulted them. Groping can be both consensual and non-consensual. If Trump said "I grope women without their consent" then yeah, he would be saying he literally sexually assaults them.

Quote:But for you it's all fuzzy. You are not sure what he literally said or meant or whatever. If he literally he says he groped women then I am just "pulling" that out of his statement, like the literal meaning is only an interpretation. Wait, maybe he was reading lines from a movie script. Were they talking about a movie script when he got off the bus?

No it's not fuzzy and I know exactly what he said. The problem here is that YOU don't see the distinction between sexual assault and groping.

Quote:And you appear to let Trump off the hook because everyone else not running for president has made disgusting comments--admitting that maybe not all have bragged about sexual assault. The big take away for you is that the video alone could not legally convict Trump of sexual assault.

I'm not "letting Trump off the hook". I said that he shouldn't have said what he said. All I'm doing is not joining the "he's definitely a sexual assaulter" club.

Quote:If someone applies for a job as a teacher in a grade school, and then a video surfaces in which he brags of fondling children and how he gets away with it because he is an adult, would you say the video proves exactly nothing, we have no idea what he really meant, and go ahead an hire him?  We are never going to do away with child abuse/sexism.

I can't believe you just said that.

First of all, a man talking about screwing women is way more normal than a man talking about fondling children because men are supposed to be attracted to women, so it wouldn't be all that surprising to hear a man make degrading comments about women. I don't know any group of men who ever talk about fondling children or when fondling children has ever been normally discussed among men (joking or not joking). If a guy is talking about fondling children, then obviously there's something wrong with him because men are not normally attracted to children.

Now, with that said. Does that mean the guy talking about fondling children is a child molester? Nope it doesn't.

GASP!!! REALLY!!???

Yep, really. There's something called mental illness. Just because a man is talking about fondling children doesn't mean he has actually fondled children. It could mean he's a mentally unstable person who thinks talking about fondling children is normal. Now, if some kid said he was fondled by this man and this man was caught on camera talking about how he specifically fondled that child, then yes, he is definitely a child molester because he just admitted to actually molesting someone.

Trump did not admit to sexually assaulting anyone. He made some generalized broad statement about women and all the rape culturists are up in arms about it because they're sensitive to the word "*****".
(10-11-2016, 08:50 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: When did I say anything about him kissing her inappropriately on camera? I was asking if Donald Trump is such a big sexual assaulter and everyone keeps talking about how "He said it himself he can't control himself around women" why then did he show so much restraint when a woman actually came around him? Your answer obviously is "because he was on camera". But I thought he was just this uncontrollable sexual assaulter? He didn't even attempt to hug her or compliment her on her looks but is supposedly some big pervert that sexually assaults women. I'm basically asking how is it so obvious when his actions were so restrained? Yeah I know what he said, but his actions didn't seem pervy to me when he was with that woman.

Bush came off more like a pervert to me than Trump did. Bush was the one who suggested that woman hug both him and Trump. Bush was the one who was making comments about her appearance and tried to throw Trump into the mix. Bush was the one who initiated a question in which he asked whether she would choose Trump or him. Even when that woman steps in the middle of them Trump doesn't even attempt to hold his arm out for her the way Bush does. Does this mean Bush is a sexual assaulter? No, but I'd definitely say Bush was trying to get into her pants way more than Trump was.

Bush comes off like the cool douchey guy from highschool that thinks he can get any girl, and Trump comes off like the dork that isn't as cool but tries to make himself look cool by making degrading comments about women, not as a sexual assaulter. I'm saying based on this video, Trumps actions don't appear to show how obvious it is that he's a sexual assaulter, yet everyone keeps talking about how "obvious" it is.

Don't understand what? Your arguments are founded on the assumption that Donald Trump has had unwanted non-consensual contact with multiple women, but you have no basis from which to push this argument other than what Trump said in the video, and say "well what more proof do I need". Well, a lot actually.

Wait, wait, wait.... What? I don't believe that. And I don't remember Donald Trump saying he believes that either. If you can point me to a source I'd like to see it. If you have a video of Trump engaging in some non-consensual acts, I'd like to see that too. Sounds to me like you're just interpreting everything Trump has said to mean the worst possible thing so that you can paint him as a sexual assaulter.

I haven't called Donald Trump a rapist, sexual assaulter, or wrote he can't control himself.  You are arguing with comments I never made once again.  But, am I supposed to base my argument on something someone else said beside Trump? 

My first comment was in response to this . . .

(10-09-2016, 08:41 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Depends on what you mean by "sexual assault".

See this is the problem with this whole "sexual assault" thing. It's too open to interpretation and people can turn anything that can be considered "sexual assault" into what they want it to mean. As I have already mentioned before, people who are criticizing Trump don't know what Trump has actually done. All they know is that he said some negative things about women. They don't know what consensual and non-consensual things have happened between him and anyone else. Trump said some "rapey" comment and now everyone's shouting sexual assault.

What Donald Trump described amounts to sexual assault.  Even Rudy Giuliani conceded, "That's what he is talking about."  Is Rudy interpreting everything Trump says to mean the worst possible thing so he can paint him as a sexual assaulter?

My comments have less to do with what Trump said/did and more with your denial that what he described is sexual assault.  Now if Rudy Giuliani can admit what Trump described is sexual assault maybe you should re-evaluate your position.
Quote:I haven't called Donald Trump a rapist, sexual assaulter, or wrote he can't control himself.  You are arguing with comments I never made once again.  But, am I supposed to base my argument on something someone else said beside Trump? 

Now you're just acting like a complete jackass. If you're not here to argue that Donald Trump is a sexual assaulter, then what the hell are you even arguing? Because clearly I'm arguing he's not a sexual assaulter, yet you keep trying to tell me I'm wrong. I know you didn't call him a rapist, I was exaggerating. You haven't explicitly said Trump is a sexual assaulter, but it is quite obvious that-that is the argument you are trying to push, so stop acting like you're stupid.

Quote:My first comment was in response to this . . .

What Donald Trump described amounts to sexual assault.  Even Rudy Giuliani conceded, "That's what he is talking about."  Is Rudy interpreting everything Trump says to mean the worst possible thing so he can paint him as a sexual assaulter?

Rudy said what he said because he wanted to be careful with his words.

Quote:My comments have less to do with what Trump said/did and more with your denial that what he described is sexual assault.

If what he described is sexual assault, and you keep acting like you believe he actually did these things..... Does that not mean you think he's a sexual assaulter? You're seriously making no sense right now.

Earlier in our arguments I said......

Quote:You're answering the question by claiming Trump committed sexual assault yet have no proof of this.

To which you responded with.....

Quote:No proof other than listening to a recording of him stating he grabs ***** and they "let" him do anything he wants because he is a celebrity?

Right here you don't outright say Trump is a sexual assaulter, but it is quite clear to anyone with common sense that you are alluding to the fact that you believe Trump sexually assaulted women and is therefore a sexual assaulter. Yet now you're trying to back track and say "Whoa hey man, I never said that". If you didn't believe Trump sexually assaulted anyone you wouldn't be arguing so heavily against me and presenting so many ridiculous hypotheticals about "How many women out of a 100 would consent to Trump kissing them etc....".

The fact that you even ask those kinds of questions shows that you think Trump has kissed women without consent, which is sexual assault. Therefore, you believe Trump is a sexual assaulter.
(10-11-2016, 09:06 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Well, thank you for making that exception.
I have a daughter, as well.
My post was centered upon kissing and no further.
I read the consent section of your link and I understand and agree, as it referred to sexual activity.
Is kissing now regarded as sexual activity ?
I didn't see anything in that section.
Anywho.. I intend on teaching my daughter the physical cues of aggressors and how her actions can affect the situation.
I.E.: boy smiles, closes eyes, leans into kiss.... A: (if you want to kiss ^which your father advises against^) smile, close eyes, wait. BSadnot wanting to kiss ^dad approves^) pull head back, lean back and say "sorry, I'm not ready.

So please, don't confuse me as a Trump apologist.
His repeated actions/words speak for themselves.

My main thing had to do with kissing and that flat out verbal consent rarely happens.
It would totally ruin the romance and then you might as well go home.
If the day comes (and I'm sure it will) where you have to have written consent for a date with a checklist of possible activities, there will be a heck of a lot more shut-in, chronic masturbating man-children wasting away in dank basements.
And there will be the beginning oh H.G. Wells' subterranean people, The Morlocks.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I refer you back to the link I provided. Second paragraph. Words or actions. 

Silence or immobility isn't consent and it doesn't mean that person "let" another person do something to them. I wasn't yet old enough to drive when a girl admitted to me her step dad was sexually abusing her in manner very similar to what Trump described in the video while her mom was asleep in the same bed right next to her. She didn't resist or tell anyone because she was scared. Her silence and immobility didn't constitute consent and she sure didn't "let" him do it unlike some people around here would have me believe. 
(10-12-2016, 10:31 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Now you're just acting like a complete jackass. If you're not here to argue that Donald Trump is a sexual assaulter, then what the hell are you even arguing? 

This one has run its course Matt. Best to just let the libs have their pound of flesh and move along. 

Trump said something bad in what he thought was a private conversation; obviously, the biggest issue in this election cycle.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-12-2016, 10:31 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Now you're just acting like a complete jackass. If you're not here to argue that Donald Trump is a sexual assaulter, then what the hell are you even arguing? Because clearly I'm arguing he's not a sexual assaulter, yet you keep trying to tell me I'm wrong. I know you didn't call him a rapist, I was exaggerating. You haven't explicitly said Trump is a sexual assaulter, but it is quite obvious that-that is the argument you are trying to push, so stop acting like you're stupid.

Rudy said what he said because he wanted to be careful with his words.

If what he described is sexual assault, and you keep acting like you believe he actually did these things..... Does that not mean you think he's a sexual assaulter? You're seriously making no sense right now.

Right here you don't outright say Trump is a sexual assaulter, but it is quite clear to anyone with common sense that you are alluding to the fact that you believe Trump sexually assaulted women and is therefore a sexual assaulter. Yet now you're trying to back track and say "Whoa hey man, I never said that". If you didn't believe Trump sexually assaulted anyone you wouldn't be arguing so heavily against me and presenting so many ridiculous hypotheticals about "How many women out of a 100 would consent to Trump kissing them etc....".

The fact that you even ask those kinds of questions shows that you think Trump has kissed women without consent, which is sexual assault. Therefore, you believe Trump is a sexual assaulter.

Kissing women without their consent isn't sexual assault. Unless you're kissing their ***** instead of grabbing their *****. Kissing women without their consent could be sexual harassment. 

I don't have the time or temperament to address the rest right now. 
(10-12-2016, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This one has run its course Matt. Best to just let the libs have their pound of flesh and move along. 

Trump said something bad in what he thought was a private conversation; obviously, the biggest issue in this election cycle.  

And so far the Bible thumpers have made excuses for a trifecta of sexual assault, racism, and sexism in one ***** thread. 
(10-12-2016, 10:31 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Now you're just acting like a complete jackass. If you're not here to argue that Donald Trump is a sexual assaulter, then what the hell are you even arguing? Because clearly I'm arguing he's not a sexual assaulter, yet you keep trying to tell me I'm wrong. I know you didn't call him a rapist, I was exaggerating. You haven't explicitly said Trump is a sexual assaulter, but it is quite obvious that-that is the argument you are trying to push, so stop acting like you're stupid.

Keep it respectful please. Telling a member they are acting like a jackass or stupid will not get you a desired result. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(10-12-2016, 11:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And so far the Bible thumpers have made excuses for a trifecta of sexual assault, racism, and sexism in one ***** thread. 

I find it funny that evangelicals lose their minds because gay people can marry and trans people can use bathrooms, but they're cool voting for a man married multiple times, who makes claims to sexually assault women, and bragged that he tried to have an affair with a married woman while he was married.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Billy Bush just lost his job as a TV host for listening to what Trump said. Meanwhile Trump is somehow still running for President.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-12-2016, 10:31 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Now you're just acting like a complete jackass.

Actually, I'm actively trying not to act like a jackass. If I were a jackass, I would do things like call you a complete jackass, tell you to stop acting like you're stupid, and that you're seriously making no sense right now.

Understand?

Quote:If you're not here to argue that Donald Trump is a sexual assaulter, then what the hell are you even arguing?

Yet, I'm the stupid one?

Quote:Because clearly I'm arguing he's not a sexual assaulter, yet you keep trying to tell me I'm wrong. I know you didn't call him a rapist, I was exaggerating. You haven't explicitly said Trump is a sexual assaulter, but it is quite obvious that-that is the argument you are trying to push, so stop acting like you're stupid.

I thought I explained myself pretty clearly.  Obviously, I was wrong.  If Trump did the things he described doing in the video then, yes, he sexually assaulted women.  Yes, I base my argument on his own words describing what he purports to have done in his past.  However, I acknowledge you could be correct in your assessment that Trump is a big ***** liar and his statements are just big ***** lies.  Yuge lies!  Okay?  The best, yugest lies ever!

So operating under the assumption Trump was telling yuge lies because he is a yuge liar and he didn't actually "grab 'em by the *****," what that yuge liar lied about doing was sexual assault.  Here is his quote/lie . . .

Quote:Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the *****. You can do anything.

"When you're a star" doesn't constitute consent to "grab 'em by the *****."

Quote:Rudy said what he said because he wanted to be careful with his words.

"That's what he's talking about.  Whether it happened or not, I don't know.  How much exaggeration was involved, I don't know."

No, Rudy Giuliani said, "That's what he's talking about" because what Donald Trump did/lied about doing is sexaul assault because as a lawyer he knows "when you're a star" isn't consent to "grab 'em by the *****" or that "you can do anything."  Giuliani knows that a woman's silence or immobility after someone "grab[s] 'em by the *****" doesn't mean "they let you do it."  Giuliani is many things, but he isn't a total and complete idiot.  Although, he does a pretty good impression of one from time to time. And that is why Rudy said what he said, okay?

Quote:If what he described is sexual assault, and you keep acting like you believe he actually did these things..... Does that not mean you think he's a sexual assaulter? You're seriously making no sense right now.

Pay attention because I don't want to repeat myself again only to be called stupid because you can't comprehend the argument.  Donald Trump may or may not have done the things he claimed in the video.  I acknowledge he is a liar as are all politicians.  However, what he claimed to have done in the video constitutes sexual assault.  Even Giuliani admits what Trump was talking about is sexual assault.  So I'm not really here to argue that "Donald Trump is a sexual assaulter," so much as I'm here to get YOU to acknowledge that the actions he described are sexual assault.

To summarize, this is less about Trump's actions and more about your denial.

(10-09-2016, 08:41 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Depends on what you mean by "sexual assault".

See this is the problem with this whole "sexual assault" thing. It's too open to interpretation and people can turn anything that can be considered "sexual assault" into what they want it to mean. As I have already mentioned before, people who are criticizing Trump don't know what Trump has actually done. All they know is that he said some negative things about women. They don't know what consensual and non-consensual things have happened between him and anyone else. Trump said some "rapey" comment and now everyone's shouting sexual assault.

(10-12-2016, 09:30 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Clearly you're the one that needs some clarity here. Let me break this down for you.

What you are doing is making an invalid argument. Why is your argument invalid? Because it makes false presumptions. You argument goes like this....

1. Trump said he gropes women.
2. Groping women is sexual assault.
3. Trump said he gropes women, therefore he is a sexual assaulter.

First of all, Trump never said he randomly goes around groping women . Trump said women will let you do anything to them when you're famous and continued in what sounded like a joking manner saying the infamous "grab em' by the *****" line. Trump never said he actually grabs women by the *****. He made the statement that women will let you do that. Regardless..... lets say Trump actually did say "I randomly grope women all the time". There's still a problem with your second premise that "Groping women is sexual assault". Well actually, no it isn't. Groping women without their CONSENT is sexual assault. Groping in itself is not sexual assault. It depends on the scenario in which the groping takes place.

People have made the word "groping" synonymous with "sexual assault" and that's the problem. When people start talking about "groping" they've already made up in their mind that whatever "groping" incident took place was sexual assault. But as I have already stated you have no idea who Trump has groped (if anyone) nor do you know whether or not the groping was consensual. You are assuming Trump goes around randomly groping women without their consent but have no proof of this, nor has Trump said he goes around randomly groping women without their consent.

Also keep in mind that consent does not mean someone will say "yeah you can grope me" as a way of showing consent. For some reason people seem to think that's what "consent" means, a verbal agreement. What a joke. Tell me what women (or man) you have verbally agreed to kiss before doing so.

What are you talking about? You're missing the point. There was no distinction to miss because what Trump said is NOT sexual assault. It depends on the context of the situation that determines whether or not the "groping" was sexual assault, not the groping itself. Someone could tell you "Hey man, I was with this woman last night and groped her so hard" and you would think it's sexual assault simply because he said he groped her because you have your rape culture hearing aids in.

I will say this again. Groping is NOT sexual assault. Groping without consent is. But you have no idea who has and who hasn't consented to anything Trump has done or possibly done to them. All you can do is fantasize in your mind how the "groping" took place and conclude that it either was or wasn't sexual assault, but either way it does not mean your conclusion is absolutely the right one.

That would be true if groping was sexual assault. Saying you groped someone is not the same as saying you literally sexually assaulted them. Groping can be both consensual and non-consensual. If Trump said "I grope women without their consent" then yeah, he would be saying he literally sexually assaults them.

No it's not fuzzy and I know exactly what he said. The problem here is that YOU don't see the distinction between sexual assault and groping.

I'm not "letting Trump off the hook". I said that he shouldn't have said what he said. All I'm doing is not joining the "he's definitely a sexual assaulter" club.

Trump did not admit to sexually assaulting anyone. He made some generalized broad statement about women and all the rape culturists are up in arms about it because they're sensitive to the word "*****".

Those last two quotes are just painfully embarrassing.

Your are correct sexism will always exist . . . as long as people like you are around to excuse it.