Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group Mustache Wager
As the OP, I don't...but I thought it was funny.  And I like to throw stuff like that out there and hope it happens.  I could care less if I am wearing some dorky mustache...but I sure like the thought of 2-0.

One year, while coaching the local HS swim team, I made a bet with the boys team that if EVERY SINGLE swimmer participating in sectionals qualified for districts, that I would let them bleach my hair.  The boys call it "going gold" as their colors are black and gold (don't).  They approached me and the other coaches about it and I thought "why not?".  To say it was a long shot is an understatement.  Of course, they pulled it off and it was one of the most exciting meets I have ever coached/participated/witnessed.  They were going CRAZY for their "lower tier" teammates to get top 2, ensuring their spot in the districts.  People were pulling out swims they had never come close to doing before in their lives.  Some were seniors that I had coached since they were 8 years old.  They did it.  And I, along with two other middle-aged (I was 40 at the time) coaches honored the bet and wore "gold" (it was really yellow) hair until the state meet and then shaved it off.  

So many customers at work would laugh and ask me about it, but they all loved the story and it was a great conversation starter.   Hilarious

There isn't a lot I wouldn't do to see this area with a Super Bowl win, but even just a good start and hope rising out of what has been such an unbelievably shitty year would be amazing....even with a stupid mustache.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote