Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group therapy
(10-01-2019, 07:33 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think if losing affects people to the point that it is messing with their emotions, they should consider doing something else. Football is a sport, a form of entertainment, nothing more. I choose to watch football because I enjoy it, and I played it. The Bengals just happen to be the team I've always been a fan of. My life goes on unaffected by a game.

I realize that this team isn't very good, and I get frustrated when they lose, for about 10 minutes. But for those of you that take it so seriously that it causes problems, watch something else.

It doesn’t effect me in any great way, but at some point you have to consider the amount of hours wasted on watching, discussing, following such a bad product.

I don’t know how anyone could “enjoy” this team right now. Blown out 2 out of 4 games, and on our way to a 4th losing season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:33 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think if losing affects people to the point that it is messing with their emotions, they should consider doing something else.  Football is a sport, a form of entertainment, nothing more.  I choose to watch football because I enjoy it, and I played it.  The Bengals just happen to be the team I've always been a fan of.  My life goes on unaffected by a game.

I realize that this team isn't very good, and I get frustrated when they lose, for about 10 minutes.  But for those of you that take it so seriously that it causes problems, watch something else.

Yeah.  I'll get hate for this, but I got a major kick out of the 4-12 season in 2010.  Once you divorce yourself from the emotional attachment, this shit just gets funny to watch.  It's a three-hour game of "Let's see what happens next."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well, at least they didn't get shut out last night.

Plus, they....., there's also,.......don't forget that...............let me get back to you on that.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:47 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Well, at least they didn't get shut out last night.

Plus, they....., there's also,.......don't forget that...............let me get back to you on that.

Would have been shutout if not for the fumble. Nick Vigil helped put up more points than our entire offense.

Reply/Quote
I slept very well last night. Why? I turned the game off in the 3Q. I should have turned it off in the 1st half. I invite you to not let the Bengals take up more of your time than necessary. There is nothing interesting there right now.

I wonder if a single player or coach on that team is embarrassed.

If I were AJ Green I would not return.

EDIT: Boyd was embarrassed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27741008/wr-tyler-boyd-sums-bengals-blowout-loss-got-embarrassed
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:33 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think if losing affects people to the point that it is messing with their emotions, they should consider doing something else.  Football is a sport, a form of entertainment, nothing more.  I choose to watch football because I enjoy it, and I played it.  The Bengals just happen to be the team I've always been a fan of.  My life goes on unaffected by a game.

I realize that this team isn't very good, and I get frustrated when they lose, for about 10 minutes.  But for those of you that take it so seriously that it causes problems, watch something else.

It's hard to not get emotionally invested in something like this. After all you're dedicating your time and money into something that doesnt give you anything back but misery. If you say you're a fan of this team and you're not emotionally invested in this team to some extent id say thats pretty suspect if you ask me. We're all frustrated and tired of pouring some part of ourselves into this team that doesn't give back. Personally Ive finally reached a point where im 100% sure that im ready to check out. Im going away with the thought that this team will never have a fair shot to be successful as long as its under control of the Brown/Blackburn family. So until ownership changes I cant continue to do this.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When they resigned HART........... the future was crushed. Yesterday it was confirmed.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I slept very well last night. Why? I turned the game off in the 3Q. I should have turned it off in the 1st half. I invite you to not let the Bengals take up more of your time than necessary. There is nothing interesting there right now.

I wonder if a single player or coach on that team is embarrassed.

If I were AJ Green I would not return.

EDIT: Boyd was embarrassed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27741008/wr-tyler-boyd-sums-bengals-blowout-loss-got-embarrassed

AJ looked disgusted on the sideline...

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/aj-greens-reaction-to-bengals-offense-went-viral

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:32 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Hi. My name is John Shaft. I am a Franchise beginning Bengal fan. I once sat screaming in a half empty Riverfront Stadium screaming.......PUT AKILI IN ! PUT AKILI IN ! This felt like that.

I don't know about putting Akili in, but last night would have been a great time to give Ryan Finley a few series of live action.  Andy looked defeated and dejected, completely pathetic.  Doing the same thing over and over, 3 step drop and try to unload it quick.  It was obvious that his brain wasn't operating at full capacity last night, should have given the kid some live action.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 05:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not easier here, trust me. It’s not easy being a Bengals fan anywhere.

I live in upstate NY, and I actually think it's easier to deal with the losing up here because it's not in your face all the time. Although, I had to turn off Golic and Wingo this morning because I didn't want to relive it. I didn't expect a win last night, but I thought we would compete, and keep it relatively close. Oh well, at this point I'm glad they don't have any more nationally televised games because even with minimal expectations, watching this team is disheartening. I feel for u folks down in Cincy, with games like that I could toss down a case of Little Kings by halftime, then head for the tequila Tongue !
Reply/Quote
These guys really laid an egg last night. No reason we should have lost by 24. No reason we should have lost period. This team looks really bad. Although, no need for therapy at this point. I mean, I could trade my homer glasses in for some Ray Charles glasses so I don’t have to see this crap, but that would defeat the purpose of being a fan. It’s pretty tough right now but at this point, we have nowhere to go but up. This season is proving we are bad at more positions than OL and LB. Even tho this is going to be a rough ride for the next few years, I will not bail. I am a glutton for punishment.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 01:54 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Agree.  Every off season is the same. Sign shitty players.  It’s old.  It’s ruff being a fan of this team.

Lets not forget about the piss poor drafting the last 5 yrs or so....
Still waiting for that "break out game" for Sample or Pratt. WTF? A SECOND ROUNDER ON SAMPLE!???
The Steelers continue to rub it in on moving up ahead of us to grab Bush who blew us up last night not to mention, if anyone recalls, 
We were looking to possibly take Rudolph and Pitt grabbed him before we could. 
I like Zack, but the shine is quickly waning....and Im getting that queasy 1990's Dave Shula feeling
But folks the worst is yet to come.....the Browns will MOP the floor with us. Imagine Myles Garrett VS whatever flabby Tackle we troy out that day, Not pretty. Don't get me started on Dalton, no pocket awareness, cant sense rush and slide around ala Brady or Brees and gets pummeled back there. To say he is "serviceable" is an over statement. Lets bring in Finley, it cant be any worse.    
Reply/Quote
I'm a Bengals fan in CLE, it's really annoying to hear all the drunk CLE fans in the neighborhood yelling. They congregate across the street, 50 of them. It's extra annoying when the Bengals are sawking. I'm probalby leaving town for the CLE/CIN games because we have no chance lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote