Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are AJ/Dalton the best
I think drafting two hall of famers back to back in one draft is pretty good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Something else to consider about Johnson v AJ is that while Chad was here CP didn't have the likes of MJ , Sanu and Eifert to throw to although there was TJ and CH.. The offense was fundamentally different. It's not to take anything away from Chad, but if AJ had been around in the same time frame it's likely he may have put up even better stats, but that's just speculation and playing the what if game.. Andy isn't the prolific passer that CP was..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:58 PM)jason Wrote: For the life of me I couldn't think of who the first rounder in 2001.  I kept thinking it was Levi Jones.

That year was a pretty darn good draft. Tied for the most Pro Bowlers drafted in one year in Bengals history with 4 in 7 picks (J Smith, C Johnson, R Johnson, TJ Housh). Only other year to produce 4 Pro Bowlers was back when there was 17 rounds. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 04:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Is AJ Green and Andy Dalton the two best back to back draft picks by the Bengals in franchise history ?

Believe if they are not already, think they will be when it is all said and done.

Who are some of the other notable back to back picks ?

Hard to argue against it.

Vigil and Billings may be up there when all is said and done.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins in 2010 have a pretty good argument.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 03:33 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins in 2010 have a pretty good argument.

Dunlap was a 2nd rounder and Atkins was a 4th rounder...

Also thought Atkins came a year before Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dunlap was a 2nd rounder and Atkins was a 4th rounder...

Also thought Atkins came a year before Dunlap.

Same year, but they have both Jordan Shipley AND Brandon Ghee separating them.

Could theoretically go Gresham and Dunlap, but I know how well that'll go over with about 1/2 of the board. Lol

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Based on sheer hype, it should be something like... Robert Sands/Ryan Whalen or Red Burkhead/Cobi Hamilton. McCarron/Flowers wouldn't be bad either. Haha

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 03:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Same year, but they have both Jordan Shipley AND Brandon Ghee separating them.

Could theoretically go Gresham and Dunlap, but I know how well that'll go over with about 1/2 of the board. Lol

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Based on sheer hype, it should be something like... Robert Sands/Ryan Whalen or Red Burkhead/Cobi Hamilton. McCarron/Flowers wouldn't be bad either. Haha

Thanks, that is still a pretty damn good draft to get those two and Gresham was not bad here either. Too bad for Shipley,
Ghee was made of glass. Speaking of Shipley that Alex Erickson kid reminds me of him cause he is white lol. :jk:

McCarron/Flowers could end up being pretty good, hope not though cause that would mean Dalton would go down again.

I have liked everything i have seen from Flowers as a Bengal the little i have seen. Dude is a great athlete who can also tackle.

So far Flowers has been outshining Dawson from what i have been hearing.
Reply/Quote