Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gruden in Hot Water
Former Bengal coach

https://meaww.com/washington-redskins-owner-dan-snyder-to-step-down-owing-to-sex-trafficking-allegations-fan-reactions
Quote:National Football League team Washington Redskins' majority owner Daniel Snyder has found himself in trouble yet again and this time it's allegedly for sex trafficking. The minority shareholders are apparently looking at bringing him down citing inappropriate and unchaste behavior as one of the major reasons....Allegedly, Jay Gruden, Larry Hess and Eric Schaffer are in trouble too.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yikes. Everything I've seen keeps saying it's about to hit the fan in Washington. Everyone was thinking it was related to changing the name/logo. That's going to swept aside in the conversation if all of this comes to be.
Reply/Quote
The Washington Post article is finally out. I've read bits and pieces that have been posted but not all. From what I gather this sounds like it is nowhere as big a story as many have speculated leading up to it (Sex trafficking, paying refs, etc.)

From what I have read it is 15 women who worked for the organization coming forward about sexual harrasment and a front office that made the workplace like a Boy's Club. Specifically mentioned are the two employees who were recently fired, along with the director of sales. Nowhere did I see Gruden mentioned.

IMHO this thread should be locked. I don't think it's fair to have Jay's name attached to a link with sex trafficking in the title. Not to mention he's no longer a Bengals employee and this is afterall JN.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 07:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Washington Post article is finally out. I've read bits and pieces that have been posted but not all.  From what I gather this sounds like it is nowhere as big a story as many have speculated leading up to it (Sex trafficking, paying refs, etc.)  

From what I have read it is 15 women who worked for the organization coming forward about sexual harrasment and a front office that made the workplace like a Boy's Club.  Specifically mentioned are the two employees who were recently fired, along with the director of sales.  Nowhere did I see Gruden mentioned.

IMHO this thread should be locked.  I don't think it's fair to have Jay's name attached to a link with sex trafficking in the title.  Not to mention he's no longer a Bengals employee and this is afterall JN.

Really it's moved?

Joe Burrow didn't sign a contract... he is not and has never been a Bengals employee
Chad Johnson is not a Bengals employee

Jungle Noise states... "The place to discuss anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Bengals."

How is a former coach not related to the team but old players are.... and future players are?

Bad precedent.....
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 07:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Washington Post article is finally out. I've read bits and pieces that have been posted but not all.  From what I gather this sounds like it is nowhere as big a story as many have speculated leading up to it (Sex trafficking, paying refs, etc.)  

From what I have read it is 15 women who worked for the organization coming forward about sexual harrasment and a front office that made the workplace like a Boy's Club.  Specifically mentioned are the two employees who were recently fired, along with the director of sales.  Nowhere did I see Gruden mentioned.

IMHO this thread should be locked.  I don't think it's fair to have Jay's name attached to a link with sex trafficking in the title.  Not to mention he's no longer a Bengals employee and this is afterall JN.

Richard. 

It's Bengals related and it's the off season. I suppose we must make room for the puppet interview threads.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Richard. 

It's Bengals related and it's the off season. I suppose we must make room for the puppet interview threads.

You KNOW those puppets are up to no good. I can only imagine the allegations that will come out about them in the future.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 08:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You KNOW those puppets are up to no good. I can only imagine the allegations that will come out about them in the future.

Well they do force someone to have a hand up their ass!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 09:07 PM)J24 Wrote: Well they do force someone to have a hand up their ass!

Definitely some inappropriate touching behind the scenes there...
Reply/Quote
The main reason I wanted this locked from JN was because the title of the link is basically "Snyder to step down due to sex traficking" and then Jay Gruden's name is in the quoted as being one of the people involved. Neither of these things are true as we know of right now.

Forgive me, but attatching the words "sex traficking" to someone's name is some serious, serious shit. That man has a family. Until his name is actually mentioned in real publications i don't think it's fair at all to spread rumors. For the last few days everybody and their brother has been speculating on what this article would reveal, and many of them came up with all sorts of shat that hasn't proven to be true. I just figured as Bengals fans, most of us fans of Jay, that we could be a better than that.

As far it not relating to JN, it doesn't. As of right now it's Redskins story. Until he's actually implicated then why polllute our board with talk about what their executives did or didn't do?
Reply/Quote
I found a non-paywall link to the article that came out today (What everyone was speculating on) Every person named is in a front office position. Not once is Gruden mentioned.

For those that care to read it, here ya go: https://outline.com/CdyCuU
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 10:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The main reason I wanted this locked from JN was because the title of the link is basically "Snyder to step down due to sex traficking" and then Jay Gruden's name is in the quoted as being one of the people involved.  Neither of these things are true as we know of right now.

Forgive me, but attatching the words "sex traficking" to someone's name is some serious, serious shit.  That man has a family.  Until his name is actually mentioned in real publications i don't think it's fair at all to spread rumors.  For the last few days everybody and their brother has been speculating on what this article would reveal, and many of them came up with all sorts of shat that hasn't proven to be true.  I just figured as Bengals fans, most of us fans of Jay, that we could be a better than that.

As far it not relating to JN, it doesn't.  As of right now it's Redskins story.  Until he's actually implicated then why polllute our board with talk about what their executives did or didn't do?

What? So you admit it wasn't about it not being a "Bengals" issue? Because that is where Bengals stuff goes in JN. This being moved was gross.

Jay Gruden is quoted where? It was breaking news that linked people above and below his position. It was speculative. YES. But so is 100% of the crap on the boards. It is up to you to decide true or false, read the article and not the headline. It was a crap article from a celebrity-centric website and a celebrity-centric author. But it was news. Do you think your opinion on the Bengals is factual and not intertwined with speculation?????

The fact that you got it moved because you don't like free speech is gross.

You are worried about Jay Gruden's family? When was family an issue when anyone discussed Bobbie Hart or Price or Ross. You get the feels for Gruden and then get a post removed because of some post count crap is gross.
Reply/Quote
Who started the thread:

"Where Are They Now (Former Coaches of Marvin Lewis Era)"

None of those guys are employed by the Bengals. Why is that in JN????? That needs moved as well as a lot of others if this correct etiquette.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 11:41 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: What? So you admit it wasn't about it not being a "Bengals" issue? Because that is where Bengals stuff goes in JN. This being moved was gross.

Jay Gruden is quoted where? It was breaking news that linked people above and below his position. It was speculative. YES. But so is 100% of the crap on the boards. It is up to you to decide true or false, read the article and not the headline. It was a crap article from a celebrity-centric website and a celebrity-centric author. But it was news. Do you think your opinion on the Bengals is factual and not intertwined with speculation?????

The fact that you got it moved because you don't like free speech is gross.

You are worried about Jay Gruden's family? When was family an issue when anyone discussed Bobbie Hart or Price or Ross. You get the feels for Gruden and then get a post removed because of some post count crap is gross.

Jesus, have a beer or take a Xanax.  Go ahead and continue this thread and show me it can be had about Jay Gruden.  It can't, because he's not involved in the story.  No Jay Gruen means no Bengals connection.

Cry Cry Cry  some more.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 10:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The main reason I wanted this locked from JN was because the title of the link is basically "Snyder to step down due to sex traficking" and then Jay Gruden's name is in the quoted as being one of the people involved.  Neither of these things are true as we know of right now.

Forgive me, but attatching the words "sex traficking" to someone's name is some serious, serious shit.  That man has a family.  Until his name is actually mentioned in real publications i don't think it's fair at all to spread rumors.  For the last few days everybody and their brother has been speculating on what this article would reveal, and many of them came up with all sorts of shat that hasn't proven to be true.  I just figured as Bengals fans, most of us fans of Jay, that we could be a better than that.

As far it not relating to JN, it doesn't.  As of right now it's Redskins story.  Until he's actually implicated then why polllute our board with talk about what their executives did or didn't do?

Not to mention what those kids can do on your lawn when they walk on it.

I simply posted a link about a breaking story that included a former Bengals coach. I will note your strict guidelines for what belongs in JN moving forward. 

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not to mention what those kids can do on your lawn when they walk on it.

I simply posted a link about a breaking story that included a former Bengals coach. I will note your strict guidelines for what belongs in JN moving forward. 

Here is the real story, that came out today from the Post. (non-paywall) https://outline.com/CdyCuU

This story has nothing to do with Jay Gruden, nor is he in "hot water".
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 12:24 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here is the real story, that came out today from the Post. (non-paywall) https://outline.com/CdyCuU

This story has nothing to do with Jay Gruden, nor is he in "hot water".

And the link I posted mentions Gruden. We'll see how it plays out, but it was a story that mentioned a former Bengals coach. 

Yell at the clouds 

Reply/Quote
Meaww.com though, that bastion of journalistic perfection...
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 10:53 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Meaww.com though, that bastion of journalistic perfection...

And integrity, too!   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
First, that 15 women were treated the way they were is awful and if more people need to be fired then that should be done.

But some "legit" media people were hinting at the much bigger things talked about here. Yeah, meaww is disgusting, but there are other media folks who should maybe not talk so loud next time.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 06:30 PM)iowawriter Wrote: First, that 15 women were treated the way they were is awful and if more people need to be fired then that should be done.

But some "legit" media people were hinting at the much bigger things talked about here. Yeah, meaww is disgusting, but there are other media folks who should maybe not talk so loud next time.

Were they?  Or are these simply allegations that could later be unfounded?  I'm not here to chide or scold you, but the entire "rush to judgement" culture is one of the bigger underlying issues in our modern society.  The events may or may not have happened, but for the world to pass judgement and condemn, before a full investigation and revelation of facts is just appalling.

Now, how is this situation going to potentially affect the NFL?  That is the question that we should be talking about.  This is after all, a football forum.  Wink

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote