Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gruden to resign
(10-13-2021, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the issue is he sent stuff to that guy who worked for Washington and the emails were looked into during the NFL looking into that organization's own issues.  

I find it odd that people are so amazed a man can get fired for repeatedly insulting his employers.

YES!!!

Gruden sent the emails to an NFL team's email and thus that is how the NFL got a hold of the emails and then leaked it to the NY Times.  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:04 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: YES!!!

Gruden sent the emails to an NFL team's email and thus that is how the NFL got a hold of the emails and then leaked it to the NY Times.  

RIght, the NFL got the info and wanted Gruden out.  People are acting like a bunch of liberals marched outside of NFL headquarters and demanded Gruden get fired for being a jerk and the NFL had to give in to the woke mob that is coming for you next.

I have a federal job.  How many emails do you think I sent to cleared and monitored government inboxes where I talked about how much I hated the president?  Gruden is a dumbass and the fact that he used racist and homophobic rhetoric is making him into a martyr to some people.  Interesting stuff. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the issue is he sent stuff to that guy who worked for Washington and the emails were looked into during the NFL looking into that organization's own issues.  

I find it odd that people are so amazed a man can get fired for repeatedly insulting his employers.

He wasn't an NFL Employee at that time.

I'm sure there is plenty of other emails that were just as bad as his. Where are those?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He wasn't an NFL Employee at that time.

I'm sure there is plenty of other emails that were just as bad as his. Where are those?

He was a representative of the NFL as an announcer, though.  His job involved the NFL and his job involves the NFL now, so it should still apply.  If I joined a terroristic group in college and then decided 10 years later that I wanted to work for the Department of Defense, it's not going to matter that those transgressions occurred before I was on payroll.

Also, the "other people do stuff" defense isn't applicable, is it?  Does the NFL have to force Dan Snyder to sell before they can dismiss Gruden?  I don't get what the big deal is, here.  I guess if enough people protest Gruden getting fired the NFL will cave in and give him his job back though, since apparently mob rule is what guides the country these days.  Also, Gruden's emails came to light because the NFL was investigating the organization he sent them to, so this does seem like a bit of a "just the surface" sort of thing.

Anyways, what should the NFL do in your opinion?  Just ignore it?  Just say that it's ok Gruden said this stuff because he's just a dumbass football coach?  At least he isn't a rapist like that Steeler QB probably is?  I guess I don't see what people want here, other than the NFL to just ignore this and force Mark Davis to ignore it and keep Gruden around for another 6 years.
Reply/Quote
Gruden was a schmuck then and he's still a schmuck and he'll be a schmuck tomorrow. No amount of stupid beer commercials make up for being a schmuck..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Gruden is now suing the NFL over his leaked emails.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 08:00 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Gruden is now suing the NFL over his leaked emails.

I think it’s a pretty bold move, but I like it. I think they need to force the NFL to release the other 650,000 emails… bound to be some interesting stuff in there. Perhaps some incriminating evidence vs goodell.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think it’s a pretty bold move, but I like it. I think they need to force the NFL to release the other 650,000 emails… bound to be some interesting stuff in there. Perhaps some incriminating evidence vs goodell.

Absolutely.

Sure, Gruden is a p.o.s., but there are dozens, if not hundreds, of people like him involved with the NFL. It's pretty sus that ONLY his emails were leaked. 

I'm sure there are plenty of interesting reads in the NFL findings.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He was a representative of the NFL as an announcer, though.  His job involved the NFL and his job involves the NFL now, so it should still apply.  If I joined a terroristic group in college and then decided 10 years later that I wanted to work for the Department of Defense, it's not going to matter that those transgressions occurred before I was on payroll.

Also, the "other people do stuff" defense isn't applicable, is it?  Does the NFL have to force Dan Snyder to sell before they can dismiss Gruden?  I don't get what the big deal is, here.  I guess if enough people protest Gruden getting fired the NFL will cave in and give him his job back though, since apparently mob rule is what guides the country these days.  Also, Gruden's emails came to light because the NFL was investigating the organization he sent them to, so this does seem like a bit of a "just the surface" sort of thing.

Anyways, what should the NFL do in your opinion?  Just ignore it?  Just say that it's ok Gruden said this stuff because he's just a dumbass football coach?  At least he isn't a rapist like that Steeler QB probably is?  I guess I don't see what people want here, other than the NFL to just ignore this and force Mark Davis to ignore it and keep Gruden around for another 6 years.

I don't think anyone expects Gruden to get his job back in any scenario, nor does anyone want him to.

The problem here is that the league did something that smells an awful lot like blackmail.  They were gong to leak until Davis's hand was forced, and they were going to leak information about a very specific person, who was making negative statements about another very specific person, who just so happened to be the head of the organization conducting the investigation.  

Until the league discloses the other 650k emails, this looks extremely, uh, targeted, we'll say.  If there's anything else at all that could be construed as incriminating, then whoever sent such a questionable email that ever used a league server is sweating bullets right now.  The league would have weaopnonized information at it's disposal to use whenever it felt it to be useful to it's own ends.  

Do they have such information?  I have no idea.  Best way to end it all is to release everything  and remove doubt. 

Gruden being a POS is the front for them to get away with that kind of mob-style disposal of opposition.  They gambled that nobody would notice the nature of the leaks because they'd be too busy railing on Gruden after his statements became public knowledge. Problem is, nobody gives a shit about him. His own fans largely wanted him gone. He became irrelevant almost the instant he got dumped, and an even worse tragedy has befallen the team he was running. Nobody forgot about the 650k emails or the investigation. I'd argue that the league outing him was a mercy killing for a career that never should have re-started in the first place.  Gruden committing a fireable offense should not allow the league to implement blackmail as a policy to do away with it's perceived enemies. The countermeasure to Gruden's actions has been fulfilled. The questions about the NFL's handling of it are still largely unanswered. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe we will find out the NFL is staged in some way!
Reply/Quote