Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guenther being mentioned as potential coach in Philly
https://twitter.com/geoffmoshernfl/status/683055220071387136

Would be tough to lose both coordinators again, but at least we would have Vance to step up on defense.
Reply/Quote
That would be interesting to see. I think we could be like the Cardinals who are on their 3rd DC in 4 years and keep rolling...er, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 09:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That would be interesting to see.  I think we could be like the Cardinals who are on their 3rd DC in 4 years and keep rolling...er, right?

Well Vance is a great corner coach. Who knows how he would do as a playcaller. We would be fine, Marvin would will be around.

Eagles looking at him would make sense given Jay just won that division. Glad to see out guys get attention. Will make hiring coaches easier now for marvin.
Reply/Quote
We're probably going to hear a lot of these rumors in the coming weeks, and coaches like Simmons and Joseph might get poached as quickly as anyone. The downside of success. For me it's easier to imagine replacing Marvin with Hue, than it is some of other coaches and maintain continuity. The potential disaster is losing more than just a couple in one year.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
We won't lose Joseph until these head coaches are set. And the longer we are In the less likely we lose coaches. If Pauly does get a job then I imagine Marvin pegs Vance as quickly as he pegged Pauly when Zim was hired.

If we don't lose Pauly then we may lose Vance to Hue. We only would have lost Vance because Kubiak had him on the staff in Houston. Not sure who else would have him as DC given he is unproven .
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 10:01 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We're probably going to hear a lot of these rumors in the coming weeks, and coaches like Simmons and Joseph might get poached as quickly as anyone. The downside of success. For me it's easier to imagine replacing Marvin with Hue, than it is some of other coaches and maintain continuity. The potential disaster is losing more than just a couple in one year.

I think it was Denver who asked permission to hire or speak with Vance Joseph last year and the Bengals said "No" since he's still under contract for one more year. I think the Bengals will keep Joseph around for the DC job this year and continue to groom him for the HC position in another couple of years.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 10:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well Vance is a great corner coach. Who knows how he would do as a playcaller.  We would be fine, Marvin would will be around.  

Eagles looking at him would make sense given Jay just won that division.     Glad to see out guys get attention.   Will make hiring coaches easier now for marvin.

I find it interesting that you are so confident we can replace our DC or OC (I think you are confident in this, not sure) without missing a beat BUT if we lose or fire Marvin we are back to the Dave Shula days.  Just an observation.  Maybe it's more logical than I think.
Reply/Quote
Does this happen to every team that is successful? I hope we don't get pillaged again. That would be 4 coordinators in 3 years haha.
Reply/Quote
Marvins plan of Vance replacing Guenther (which I believe would be the replacement) sounds much better than his plan for Brat (still around and thought highly of by MB) to replace Hue when he leaves....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 10:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I find it interesting that you are so confident we can replace our DC or OC (I think you are confident in this, not sure) without missing a beat BUT if we lose or fire Marvin we are back to the Dave Shula days.  Just an observation.  Maybe it's more logical than I think.

Coordinators have flourished under marvin. He handles and hires them well. When we lose coordinators we still have the continuity of Marvin.

If we fire marvin then it's felt everywhere . He has his finger almost everywhere, and if someone happens its with his blessing. Taking that away would leave a massive hole that won't be filled by just anyone.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 11:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Coordinators have flourished under marvin.   He handles and hires them well.    When we lose coordinators we still have the continuity of Marvin.  

If we fire marvin then it's felt everywhere .  He has his finger almost everywhere, and if someone happens its with his blessing.   Taking that away would leave a massive hole that won't be filled by just anyone.

^^This...
Reply/Quote
It's kinda ironic that everyone else wants our coaches when some of us (me for example), find them to be lacking in important aspects of coaching. (start fast -play not to lose).

It will be interesting to see Marvin's value to the rest of the league.. if we ever get there.

My wishlist if Guenther is taken (since Zimmer is gone and Harbaugh is at Michigan).. promote Marvin to GM (just do itttt Mike!), Jackson HC, Joseph DC, and then we would need to find a OC.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 11:39 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: It's kinda ironic that everyone else wants our coaches when some of us (me for example), find them to be lacking in important aspects of coaching. (start fast -play not to lose).

It will be interesting to see Marvin's value to the rest of the league.. if we ever get there.

My wishlist if Guenther is taken (since Zimmer is gone and Harbaugh is at Michigan).. promote Marvin to GM (just do itttt Mike!), Jackson HC, Joseph DC, and then we would need to find a OC.

Marvin is under contract as head coach.. he can't not be promoted with him deciding to do it and since the position does not exist .. i don;t see it even feasible to think about besides the contract issue
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 11:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Coordinators have flourished under marvin.   He handles and hires them well.    When we lose coordinators we still have the continuity of Marvin.  

If we fire marvin then it's felt everywhere .  He has his finger almost everywhere, and if someone happens its with his blessing.   Taking that away would leave a massive hole that won't be filled by just anyone.

Meh, it's possible but Zimmer and Gruden didn't exactly inherent great situations in Minnesota and DC and they are already threatening to go one-n-done like Marvin.  Maybe if the coordinators that left here totally flopped (ala the Bellichick tree) I would be more inclined to believe in Marvin's positive effect upon them.

Then again, I'm not wild about Marvin so feel free to reject my theory.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 09:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://twitter.com/geoffmoshernfl/status/683055220071387136

Would be tough to lose both coordinators again, but at least we would have Vance to step up on defense.

Hes not going anywhere. I don't buy that for a second. Todd Haley will be a HC again before Paulie G.
Reply/Quote
What an awful destination to be a HC for. Imagine that sales pitch.

"Hey Guenther, here's this team that Kelly has traded and cut ALL of the most talented players off of. At QB you have Sam Bradford as a FA, or you can go with Mark Sanchez. Sadly, we didn't suck quite hard enough for a high draft pick, so good luck trying to get a franchise QB or true blue chip prospect at #12. You also don't own a 2nd round pick this year, so #12 is your only one until #76...... oh, and if you don't win instantly despite all of this? The City of Brotherly Love will tear you apart and/or riot. So when can you start?"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 09:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://twitter.com/geoffmoshernfl/status/683055220071387136

Dear God that would be awesome.  Who is our secondary coach, Vance Joseph?  Weren't people gushing over him?  I'd even consider bringing back Bresnahan...j/k.  Though I'm not very high on Guenther.  I think he's piss poor at situational play calling.  His defense has been folding too often instead of being the steady force they could be all game long if he managed them better.
Reply/Quote
If we get a new DC I just hope they get back to using press man coverage like Zim did. Our CBs always looked the best that way and it gave the line that extra tiny bit of time to get to the QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 12:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, it's possible but Zimmer and Gruden didn't exactly inherent great situations in Minnesota and DC and they are already threatening to go one-n-done like Marvin.  Maybe if the coordinators that left here totally flopped (ala the Bellichick tree) I would be more inclined to believe in Marvin's positive effect upon them.

Then again, I'm not wild about Marvin so feel free to reject my theory.

So if you are right then marvin has the ability to hire the right guy. Nothing wrong with that
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 10:01 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We're probably going to hear a lot of these rumors in the coming weeks, and coaches like Simmons and Joseph might get poached as quickly as anyone. The downside of success. For me it's easier to imagine replacing Marvin with Hue, than it is some of other coaches and maintain continuity. The potential disaster is losing more than just a couple in one year.

As much as I would hate to lose Simmons, it is hard to believe his name never gets mentioned, considering how well he does his job.  He definitely deserves a shot.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote