Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guenther fired by Raiders - Is he our next DC?
Seeing how we had DC's turning down the job and Lou was like our 9th (or whatever) option; I'd be okay with Guenther back.

Our players seemed to like him and we had the 2nd overall scoring defense. For us, it doesn't get better than that.
Reply/Quote
Eh.  Maybe as a Zimmer lackey.  Do the other 31 teams have these discussions?  Do the Jets pine for the Rex Ryan assistants of yesteryear?  It feels awfully desperate.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:30 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Eh.  Maybe as a Zimmer lackey.  Do the other 31 teams have these discussions?  To the Jets pine for the Rex Ryan assistants of yesteryear?  It feels awfully desperate.

This.

I know the ZT era has been so traumatic that anything seems an upgrade but jeez..at this rate Hue Jackson will be getting a call again
Reply/Quote
WE bring in someone who's had top 10 defenses for more than 3 seasons. THanks. (like Marvin)
Reply/Quote
Is this the part of the day in which we all tell really bad jokes?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe make him the LB coach again. And get us a new DC in addition.

Reply/Quote
You know ZT is bad when people are longing for former, crappy coordinators to come back to the Bengals.

Oh, and BTW, the Bengals DID fire a DC during the season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Guenther was a good DC for the Bengals.
He was far better than both Austin and Anarumo.
I would welcome him back, but I'm sure there will be concern with bringing back any coach who was from the old regime.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
One special name..Freddy Kitchens.. After all..The Browns fired Belechick too.. if any name ever fits the Brown family hiring practice over the years Kitchens is the perfect fit..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They have a guy in the wings who has 7 years of experience as a coordinator, which means he has more experience at the level than what...all of our coaches combined?  Could you imagine firing Lou and having Rod Marinelli stepping in?  I feel like if we fired Lou today we'd have to promote one of the laundry guys to DC.

Dont forget Marinelli was a Head Coach as while back too (Lions or Dolphins?)
Over in Cincy its ;Hey whats your name by the water cooler! how does DC sound to you? 
Reply/Quote
No. Dear God please no. Raiders fans are rejoicing at this news.

He's a lateral move from Lou.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We need to keep in mind that nobody wanted the DC job last year. Coaching in Cincinnati can be career suicide unless you're Marvin Lewis.
Guenther may be the best we can get, especially if ZT gets to stay (which I believe he will). That's pretty damn sad, but I'd take him over Lou, starting this week.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
We need fresh eyes (even tho fresh eye's didn't work we don't need to give up just yet and go back to the familiar faces).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hell No.. No more Bengals castoff returns. I'm seeing shit about Marvin returning. This is ridiculous..
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:35 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: No. Dear God please no. Raiders fans are rejoicing at this news.

He's a lateral move from Lou.

My thoughts exactly. I remember him taking over Zims Defense and it not being very good. No thanks!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:39 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't care what the stats say, my eyes saw a drop off, especially that first year.

That was the year Geno wasn't right, MJ ended up in Tampa Bay, and Burfict missed a good chunk of the year with concussions and the knee though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:04 AM)thompson19osu Wrote:  I know I know...it’s the Bengals and they don’t do that.

Ken Zampese and Teryl Austin say "Hi".
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:39 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't care what the stats say, my eyes saw a drop off, especially that first year.

I don't care what my bank account says I am really a millionaire.

In Guenther's first season as Bengal DC our defense ranked 3rd in yards and 5th in points allowed.  They never ranked that high under Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
I’ve really said all I want to say. The only thing I’ll add for clarification is I think Zimmer is an elite defensive mind, while Guenther is slightly above average. I’d rather make a push for something better.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is he our DC next year?

I wasnt a big fan when he was here, but it got much worse when he left.

Look at the Raiders 7-6 and firing a DC! That would never happen here.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No man... Zach is buddies with all the dudes we have none will be gone till he is.
Reply/Quote