Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess how many Bengals in top 100?
Mahomes came in at #4??

That says something about this list.
If there was a draft of all NFL players is there anyone who wouldn’t take Mahomes with the first pick?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 06:10 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Mahomes came in at #4??

If there was a draft of all NFL players is there anyone who wouldn’t take Mahomes with the first pick?

I am not going to trash Mahomes.  What he has done is incredible.  But he has tons of talent around him and one of the best offensive head coaches ever.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 04:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Name names and I'll discuss those players.

How about Todd Gurley?

857 yds 3.8 avg 12 TD 31 rec 207 yds 1063 YScm 3 Fmb

You’re telling me he was a better RB in 2019 than Joe Mixon who put up these numbers (behind a bottom 2-3 OL)

1137 yds 4.1 avg 5 TD 35 rec 287 yds 1424 YScm 0 Fmb

The 12 TD for Gurley is nice an all, but Jeremy Hill had 11 one year, was he a top 100 player, too?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not going to trash Mahomes.  What he has done is incredible.  But he has tons of talent around him and one of the best offensive head coaches ever.

Yes, and now the Bengals have Joe Burrow, who is also surrounded by good talent.  Zac Taylor might be able to establish himself as the leader of the next Gen. coaches, with all of that talent.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 04:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Name names and I'll discuss those players.

Odell.  If only yards matter then Boyd's better.  Right?  He had more TDs and yards so clearly he's better then Odell by your logic 

I'm not going to go down a damn list to pander to your trolling.  It's my option that Dunlap, Mixon and 'possibly' being the key word you neglected to notice Boyd deserved more credit.

You're entitled to your on opinion but I don't care what it is.
Reply/Quote
Guess how much I care? Nervous
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 07:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Guess how much I care?  Nervous

Enough to post. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 07:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: Odell.  If only yards matter then Boyd's better.  Right?  He had more TDs and yards so clearly he's better then Odell by your logic 

I'm not going to go down a damn list to pander to your trolling.  It's my option that Dunlap, Mixon and 'possibly' being the key word you neglected to notice Boyd deserved more credit.

You're entitled to your on opinion but I don't care what it is.

I wouldn't personally put Odell on the list based on last year.  However he was an elite WR in the league a few years back and people are likely overrating his current abilities based on what he was in the past.  Boyd has never been considered an elite WR and won't get the same benefit of the doubt.

I like Boyd, but he's a good #2, not a #1.  If you're not a #1 or at least a #1b, you're not a Top 100 player.  He was 7th in the league in Targets and only 25th in yards.  It's a lot more 
Reply/Quote
This isn't a list of top 100 players of 2019 its top 100 players of 2020. They are projecting which players they feel will be great in 2020 due to their careers.

Mixon and Dunlap deserve consideration but to win more respect the Bengals as a team needs to put them in better positions to make big plays.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 09:18 PM)Synric Wrote: This isn't a list of top 100 players of 2019 its top 100 players of 2020. They are projecting which players they feel will be great in 2020 due to their careers.

Mixon and Dunlap deserve consideration but to win more respect the Bengals as a team needs to put them in better positions to make big plays.

If we’re projecting for 2020 it’s hard to not think Geno will have a big year with Reader next him.

Mixon should also have a nice season if Burrow can make teams respect the pass more than Dalton did.

Reply/Quote
It's worse than this. They just came out with the top ten who didn't make the top 100 (in other words the 101 to 110). Guess what? Still no bengals.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 11:19 PM)EatonFan Wrote: It's worse than this. They just came out with the top ten who didn't make the top 100 (in other words the 101 to 110). Guess what? Still no bengals.

[Image: RodneyDangerfield.jpg]

You can talk about our 2-14 record (although as pointed out this is supposed to be 2020 projections and we just spent 130 mil in FA), but there are plenty of players from bad teams on that list. The NYG won 4 games and they were represented. The Browns only won 6 and had 4 players on the list. Why did they only win 6 games (and one of them was us) if they have 4 top 100 players?

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 12:24 AM)jason Wrote: Dunlap's made the list. I'm not sure Burfict ever did. If so it'd have been in 2013.
Vontaz made it in 2014 list at 52
We had 7 guys make the list in 2016!
 AJ(16th), Dalton(35th), Whit(67th) Nelson(60th)(Nelson was on the raiders but it was based off 2015 season), Eifert(44th), Dunlap(70th), and Atkins(29th) all made the list in 2016.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Based off reputation Geno should have gotten in hell Cox had the same exact stats and he still got in. Surprised that Reader didn't get in, Mixon should be in there, and Dunlap easily should be on the list.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 01:12 AM)J24 Wrote: Based off reputation Geno should have gotten in hell Cox had the same exact stats and he still got in. Surprised that Reader didn't get in, Mixon should be in there, and Dunlap easily should be on the list.

Reader is seriously underrated. Never even made a Pro Bowl yet. JJ got all the glory in Houston.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 01:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Reader is seriously underrated. Never even made a Pro Bowl yet. JJ got all the glory in Houston.

JJ Watt has been in a similar situation as AJ Green. He's only had one healthy season since 2016.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 06:10 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Mahomes came in at #4??

Having Lamar over Mahomes is pretty ridiculous. As of right now Lamar is a two time playoff choker. His numbers in both games have been atrocious. And no, there’s no sane person that would take him over Mahomes.

Wilson being in front of him is also a bit of a stretch. I think the only player you can really make a case for is Donald, but for me Mahomes is #1.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 08:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Having Lamar over Mahomes is pretty ridiculous. As of right now Lamar is a two time playoff choker. His numbers in both games have been atrocious. And no, there’s no sane person that would take him over Mahomes.

Wilson being in front of him is also a bit of a stretch. I think the only player you can really make a case for is Donald, but for me Mahomes is #1.

I'd give Christian McCafferty some consideration.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 08:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Having Lamar over Mahomes is pretty ridiculous. As of right now Lamar is a two time playoff choker. His numbers in both games have been atrocious. And no, there’s no sane person that would take him over Mahomes.

I think Russell Wilson has less to work with in Seattle... At the moment. DK Metcalf is going to be a stud soon though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 10:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd give Christian McCafferty some consideration.

I like McCafferty a lot.  He is a great player and clearly one of the top RBs n the league.  But he is not close to number one overall player.

He is like a "high volume" shooter in basketball who scores a lot of points because he takes a lot of shots.  There are other RBs who would match his production if they got 287 carries and 142 targets.
Reply/Quote