Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess how many Bengals in top 100?
Zero

2-14 will do that for you. This is a good thing. Any little extra motivation is always good.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/29/bengals-snubbed-nfl-network-top-100-players-of-2020/
Reply/Quote
Mixon not being on a top 100 list is an absolute joke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon not being on a top 100 list is an absolute joke.

agree... Corey Dillon type of disrespect 
Reply/Quote
Mixon and always under the radar Dunlap at the least should be on there.

Possibly Boyd.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking Boyd, too. Back-to-back 1k yds seasons. If Jarvis Landry is on the list, I don’t see how Boyd’s not.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon not being on a top 100 list is an absolute joke.

How do you figure?  He was 9th in rushing yards, 33rd in ypc, and tied for 27th in rushing TD's.  Are they just supposed to put every RB that cracks 1000 yards on the list?
Reply/Quote
Los was defintely top 100 over the second half of season. First half he missed a couple of games and was not as effective.

final 8 games.....41 tkls....8 sacks....16 QB hits.....7 PD....2 FF

project those numbers over a full 16 games and he finishes 3rd in the leaguer in sacks, 5th in QB hits and second among DEs in tackles.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 09:45 PM)motoarch Wrote: Mixon and always under the radar Dunlap at the least should be on there.

Possibly Boyd.

Dunlap was 22nd in Sacks and Boyd was 25th in receiving yards.  

Hate to say it, but none of our guys deserve it based on their production.  In past years, I've been quick to point out that our guys don't get the accolades they deserve based on the lack of team success, but just because they're our best players doesn't mean they're the best in the league.  If we had three of the 100 best players in the league last year, we wouldn't have been 2-14.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: How do you figure?  He was 9th in rushing yards, 33rd in ypc, and tied for 27th in rushing TD's.  Are they just supposed to put every RB that cracks 1000 yards on the list?

(07-29-2020, 11:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dunlap was 22nd in Sacks and Boyd was 25th in receiving yards.  

Hate to say it, but none of our guys deserve it based on their production.  In past years, I've been quick to point out that our guys don't get the accolades they deserve based on the lack of team success, but just because they're our best players doesn't mean they're the best in the league.  If we had three of the 100 best players in the league last year, we wouldn't have been 2-14.

Go look at the list. Players with comparable, or even worse stats are included. Why Landry but not Boyd? Todd Gurley but not Mixon? Give me a break.

Reply/Quote
Outside of Geno and AJ, Bengals even during the "run" never really made the list. Outside of them two who has made it? Burfict? Dalton?

That'll change soon. I can see Mxon, Boyd (along with Burrow/Higgins) making it.

Maybe a defensive newcomer like Bell. Or a homegrown talent like Bates.

Dunlap deserved the recognition over the years, I agree. But Dunlap is great as you analyze his career and contributions as a Bengal in whole. Individual season stats never quite told his true story. He's one of the best all around DE's in the league. And has been for a long time.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon not being on a top 100 list is an absolute joke.

The NFL top 100 is a joke period. Who voted on it? Players. What are players doing on Sundays during the fall? Playing in their games. What are they not doing during those Sundays? Watching players from opposing teams play their games. It's nothing more than a popularity contest.

I did think it was funny the year Dunlap made it... Probably 2015.... Some player respectfully described him as 6'12".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 12:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Outside of Geno and AJ, Bengals even during the "run" never really made the list. Outside of them two who has made it? Burfict? Dalton?

That'll change soon. I can see Mxon, Boyd (along with Burrow/Higgins) making it.

Dunlap deserved the recognition over the years, I agree. But Dunlap is great as you analyze his career and contributions as a Bengal in whole. Individual season stats never quite told his true story. He's one of the best all around DE's in the league. And has been for a long time.

Dunlap's made the list. I'm not sure Burfict ever did. If so it'd have been in 2013.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 12:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Outside of Geno and AJ, Bengals even during the "run" never really made the list. Outside of them two who has made it? Burfict? Dalton?

Whit certainly deserved it when he was playing at an All Pro level here. Hell, he was probably the 2nd best LT in the league after Joe Thomas at the time.

You could also have made a case for Eifert in 2015.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 12:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whit certainly deserved it when he was playing at an All Pro level here. Hell, he was the best LT in the league, even ahead of Joe Thomas at the time.

You could also have made a case for Eifert in 2015.

Fix'd for ya Wink

Seriously, look at the pressure numbers and run blocking; Thomas doesn't stand up.

The 2 best Ts from 2009-2016 in the entirety of the league, were Peters and Whitworth.

Thomas is 3rd or 4th, with Staley being one or the other as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 12:23 AM)jason Wrote: The NFL top 100 is a joke period. Who voted on it? Players. What are players doing on Sundays during the fall? Playing in their games. What are they not doing during those Sundays? Watching players from opposing teams play their games. It's nothing more than a popularity contest.

C'mon, man, this is ridiculous.  All these guys do all year is study scouting reporst of other players.  And you don't think they ever pay attention to any other NFL players?  You don't think they study the best players to learn how to get better themselves?  You don't think they ever talk to their fellow players about who is the best? They know WAY more about other NFL players than we do.

Its like saying the great guitar players don't know anything about other great guitar players.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 09:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was thinking Boyd, too. Back-to-back 1k yds seasons. If Jarvis Landry is on the list, I don’t see how Boyd’s not.

Somehow, Jarvis Landry is on this list and Boyd isn't?  What protection did Boyd have to draw coverage away from him?  Boyd has been pretty vocal on social media about where the Bengals WR corps stand relative to the Browns.  I am sure this will further fuel his fire.  

Hey, whatever it takes.  Right, Burrow?  That dude has a ton of fire and seems to thrive on people doubting him.  
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dunlap was 22nd in Sacks and Boyd was 25th in receiving yards.  

Those stats don't tell the hole story and some of the players on that list have worse stats then Dunlap and Boyd.

Should they not be on the list or do their contributions not show up for n the stat sheet also?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 09:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon, man, this is ridiculous.  All these guys do all year is study scouting reporst of other players.  And you don't think they ever pay attention to any other NFL players?  You don't think they study the best players to learn how to get better themselves?  You don't think they ever talk to their fellow players about who is the best? They know WAY more about other NFL players than we do.

Its like saying the great guitar players don't know anything about other great guitar players.

Yeah they nail it every year.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

What are you talking about?  Aside from AJ and Geno, Dunlap, Burfict, Whitworth, Eifert,  Dalton, and Reggie Nelson all have made the Top 100.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 12:45 PM)motoarch Wrote: Those stats don't tell the hole story and some of the players on that list have worse stats then Dunlap and Boyd.

Should they not be on the list or do their contributions not show up for n the stat sheet also?

Name names and I'll discuss those players.
Reply/Quote