Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
One .v. One Player Matchups in 2016
Just been looking at the teams we're playing next year in addition to the AFCN (pats, cowboys, texans, bills, jets, broncos, dolphins, redskins, giants) and thinking about what are the most interesting / exciting player matchups looming.

To be honest Tez .vs. anyone on the Steelers offense is the obvious one.. but trying to look away from the obvious

.... I'm looking forward to the Texans and seeing how Cedric Ogbuehi gets on .vs. JJ Watt.

I was interested to hear all the very positive noise coming from people like Lap on the future of Ogbuehi but to be honest if he does not get completely steamrollered by JJ that's a win in my book. If he gets anywhere near parity then he'll have gone some way to announce himself around the league.

What player matchups you looking forward to?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:46 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Just been looking at the teams we're playing next year in addition to the AFCN (pats, cowboys, texans, bills, jets, broncos, dolphins, redskins, giants) and thinking about what are the most interesting / exciting player matchups looming.

To be honest Tez .vs. anyone on the Steelers offense is the obvious one.. but trying to look away from the obvious

.... I'm looking forward to the Texans and seeing how Cedric Ogbuehi gets on .vs. JJ Watt.  

I was interested to hear all the very positive noise coming from people like Lap on the future of Ogbuehi but to be honest if he does not get completely steamrollered by JJ that's a win in my book. If he gets anywhere near parity then he'll have gone some way to announce himself around the league.

If we play Dallas early, Dez/Romo vs Pacman could be intriguing.
Pacman Vs Odell Beckham Jr should garner some attention as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If we play Dallas early, Dez/Romo vs Pacman could be intriguing.
Pacman Vs Odell Beckham Jr should garner some attention as well.

Pacman .vs. Beckham Jr is a great match up...just hope it does not go off like it did with ODB and Josh Norman ...Not as though Adam Jones is known to take a backward step from anyone!
Reply/Quote
Best Matchup In the NFL: Vontaze Burfict vs. The Pittsburgh Steelers Training Staff.

Can they keep Taze from filling up their infirmary?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:23 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Pacman .vs. Beckham Jr is a great match up...just hope it does not go off like it did with ODB and Josh Norman ...Not as though Adam Jones is known to take a backward step from anyone!

It could very well go down just like that. With the new rules this year though, you may see less of that stuff from guys like Beckham Jr.. IDK though he has a reputation of being the kind of thing Pacman wouldn't take kindly to.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton vs Tom Brady. The two most cerebral QB's in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:31 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Best Matchup In the NFL: Vontaze Burfict vs. The Pittsburgh Steelers Training Staff.

it's gonna happen isn't it.... anytime he tackles anyone near their sideline its going to be a ticking timebomb. More like 1 .vs 53 than 1.v.1
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton vs JJ Watt.

The saga continues.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 03:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Andy Dalton vs JJ Watt.

The saga continues.

This is by far a brutal schedule.I mean all these teams are battle-tested and to me a nightmare.All I can say is I so hope we are ready for wars each and every week.I could see us going 9 and 7 and be in a first place tie with the dirtybirds and the stoolers.Hope we keep A.J.McCarron,as I could see Dalton out a few games .The Bills D is going to be tough,so will the Pats.I really want us to draft a monster for our D-LINE.We are going to need our D to win a few games for us and to do that they MUST draft a game-changer,difference maker that can stop the run and sack their QB.LETS GO,WHO-DEY.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 03:54 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: This is by far a brutal schedule.I mean all these teams are battle-tested and to me a nightmare.All I can say is I so hope we are ready for wars each and every week.I could see us going 9 and 7 and be in a first place tie with the dirtybirds and the stoolers.Hope we keep A.J.McCarron,as I could see Dalton out a few games .The Bills D is going to be tough,so will the Pats.I really want us to draft a monster for our D-LINE.We are going to need our D to win a few games for us and to do that they MUST draft a game-changer,difference maker that can stop the run and sack their QB.LETS GO,WHO-DEY.

Next seasons schedule is way easier than last seasons. We will have a good chance to sweep the NFCE and the only team I'm worried about in the AFCE is the Patriots. The Broncos won't be as good as they were last year, and I think we should beat them too. I don't see us going below 10 wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:46 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Just been looking at the teams we're playing next year in addition to the AFCN (pats, cowboys, texans, bills, jets, broncos, dolphins, redskins, giants) and thinking about what are the most interesting / exciting player matchups looming.

Well i like Marvin vs Jay Gruden....

Happy to Have Adam Jones vs Brown
Burfict vs Mr Glass
Dansby Vs Rothlesburger
Green vs the Ravens
Dalton vs the Cowboys. (lives in dallas)
Bengals Offense vs x Bengal DB Coach in dolphins DC
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:31 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Best Matchup In the NFL: Vontaze Burfict vs. The Pittsburgh Steelers Training Staff.

ROFL  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

Don't forget Ogbuehi (and/or Whitworth) against Von Miller.
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones vs Odell Beckham Jr does seem like it will get nasty. Adam does not back down as another poster mentioned.

Dalton against that Jets Defense will be telling, same with the Broncos great D. Dalton wasn't able to play them the last time.
Reply/Quote