Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunman At DC Pizza Parlor Was 'Investigating' Right-Wing Conspiracy 'Pizzagate' Lie
(12-11-2016, 05:47 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Great questions.
Now ask yourself how many cancer cures we've been told of the past 20 years.  So surely now we must have a cure for cancer?
Or maybe that's not actually good science.

Baby steps for now....eventually I'll ask you if something as controlled and specific as biological cancer research keeps getting it wrong, then what does that mean for the nascent, and infinitely more complex, Climate research?

When I was in public school, any child who got leukemia went home and never came back.

In 1986, when my 5-year-old daughter went into chemotherapy at the University of Heidelberg Hospital--a research university--and here is what the doctors there told me.

From 1965-70, less that 5% of children in West Germany who contracted Acute Lymphatic Leukemia survived beyond two years.

From 1970-75, roughly 15% survived

From 1980-85, over 85% survived.

My daughter, now 35 years old, is a survivor from the 1985-1990 treatment group.

No one thinks we have a cure for Leukemia, but why would call such research GETTING IT WRONG????

This is a very puzzling response, Justwin. And the leap to climate research??  I am at a loss to explain, because I
cannot image what your base knowledge of science and research could be or how you think research is assessed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-15-2016, 12:33 AM)Dill Wrote: When I was in public school, any child who got leukemia went home and never came back.

In 1986, when my 5-year-old daughter went into chemotherapy at the University of Heidelberg Hospital--a research university--and here is what the doctors there told me.

From 1965-70, less that 5% of children in West Germany who contracted Acute Lymphatic Leukemia survived beyond two years.

From 1970-75, roughly 15% survived

From 1980-85, over 85% survived.

My daughter, now 35 years old, is a survivor from the 1985-1990 treatment group.

No one thinks we have a cure for Leukemia, but why would call such research GETTING IT WRONG????

This is a very puzzling response, Justwin. And the leap to climate research??  I am at a loss to explain, because I
cannot image what your base knowledge of science and research could be or how you think research is assessed.

Blah, blah, blah. But, what did the doctors say about the confidence interval, man?
I feel sorry for JustWin's children if one of them gets cancer.

Because we all know he will refuse to listen to any of those crooked doctors who are part of the cancer research scam.
(12-15-2016, 10:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Blah, blah, blah. But, what did the doctors say about the confidence interval, man?

Well they said something about that. But it was just BEYOND me!

Something about an "r factor" too. I looked so confused.

Finally another doctor said "forget it. He doesn't know anything about science" and they all walked away.
Take a look at the comment sections of a facebook post from ABC or CNN on this story and you'll see how many people truly believe it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/03/watch-alex-jones-issues-worst-apology-ever

March 25, 2017

Conover 
 Posted with permission from FreakOutNation.com

Republish
Reprint

[/url]

Quote:

[Image: Jones-screen-300x164.jpg]

Only after the election and after the damage was done, conservative radio host Alex Jones issued an apology for his site's role in promoting the conspiracy theory which was dubbed as ‘Pizzagate.' That baseless conspiracy theory inspired a man to open fire in the Washington D.C. restaurant last year. Coincidentally (wink wink) the suspect, a North Carolina man, pleaded guilty Friday to charges from an armed encounter in Comet Ping Pong, the very same restaurant which was the target of baseless Internet rumors. Also, right wing sites such as Breitbart ‘News' and Jones' site Infowars are being examined by federal investigators as to whether they played any role last year in a Russian cyber operation that dramatically widened the reach of news stories which favored Trump's campaign.
Just another coincidence with Jones' apology, we're sure. AND, after the suspect's motives were tied to Jones, the right-wing radio host in December began scrubbing Pizzagate content from his site.

Suddenly, Jones finally apologized during his broadcast on Infowars. Jones admitted that Pizzagate  was "based upon what we now believe was an incorrect narrative."

Jones apologized to the restaurant, its employees, and the owner, James Alefantis. "I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him," Jones said. HOWEVER, he pointed the blame to other media outlets and appears to be concerned over the possibility of a lawsuit in the future.

[url=https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/845356006242746368/photo/1][Image: C7tOtkPU8AAUMFU.jpg:small][Image: C7tOtkPVwAAlXPC.jpg:small][Image: C7tOtkPVAAAg5jT.jpg:small][Image: C7tOtkPUwAAik69.jpg:small]

Jones blamed "third-party accounts of alleged activities" at the restaurant. He went on to say that Infowars was "far from the genesis of this story" and in recent months the site backed away from its reporting and information from other sources, even going as far to remove certain stories from the site. (See above: He scrubbed content without explanation)

"This was an ever-evolving story," he said. Yeah, because Jones and his ilk promoted it.

Here is Jones' full ‘apology':

And by the way, during the Women's March on Washington, my fiancé, and the founder of another site, Counter Current News, went to Comet Ping Pong.
There is no basement there from which the child sex trafficking ring was alleged by conspiracy theorists to have taken place.  What we're saying here is that a basement does not exist there. It's not there, hello?

There is no child sex slavery taking place there but there is some incredibly good pizza.

Mr. Alefantis should sue the hell out of Jones. So should Hillary Clinton and John Podesta. You know that Donald Trump would! The crazy-time conspiracy theory has turned Mr. Alefantis's life upside down. If any of you have been the target of a conspiracy theory on the Internet, you know he should sue the **** out of Jones. I have! Apparently, I have my own cult and order my ‘followers' to kill, but this story isn't about me. Jones' promotion of Pizzagate helped to give national attention to the ‘fake news' he circulated.

While we were at the pizzeria, an anti-gay, pro-Trump, group gathered out front with a microphone to advise everyone to ‘go to the bathroom and look at their genitals.'

Instead, Micah, the founder of Counter Current News, went back inside and bought all us some Comet Ping Pong baseball hats to show support for the restaurant and its employees. I cannot confirm or deny that I've looked at my genitals (more than once) at some point in my lifetime. IDK, it just sounds weird after the bigoted ‘pastor' said that…
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-15-2016, 10:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I feel sorry for JustWin's children if one of them gets cancer.

Because we all know he will refuse to listen to any of those crooked doctors who are part of the cancer research scam.

Only saw this because Dino brought this thread from the dead, but... who in the hell says those kinds of things? Even as a theoretical point in a discussion.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Wait....whut?!? So it's ok to investigate "media", freedom of the press be damned, if those sites are garbage and/or we disagree with what they put out? Either that, or this is just fake news, or at least a gross over generalization of the facts.

Nice tease, though. I doubt anyone reads those sites that wasn't going to vote for Trump, anyway.

But it will be funny if the liberal media does the same thing for Breitbart that it did for Trump.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-25-2017, 09:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  who in the hell says those kinds of things? Even as a theoretical point in a discussion.

People who love children and are concerned about their well being.

I have read about people letting children die becuase they debied them health care.  And I feel sorry for those children.

My question is "What kind of person does NOT feel concern for those children?"
Don't worry, total hoax. Clinton state department covered-up pedophilia.

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]