Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns and Roses going on tour
At PBS in Cincy on July 6.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I heard Axl was offered the front man job with AC/DC.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 07:28 PM)jason Wrote: I heard Axl was offered the front man job with AC/DC.

I heard those rumors too, but G&R is official.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I heard it was James Hetfield.  Yeeeeah!!

https://www.facebook.com/JimBreuer/videos/vb.48094712024/10153812945677025/?type=2&theater
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 08:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I heard it was James Hetfield.  Yeeeeah!!

https://www.facebook.com/JimBreuer/videos/vb.48094712024/10153812945677025/?type=2&theater

Jim Breuer might be a good second option..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 04:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: At PBS in Cincy on July 6.

Interesting.  The closest venue to me will be Atlanta on July 27.  Says ticket prices range from 45-250 plus applicable fees.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Got a good friend in Nashville that's a long time rocker. Most likely will make it a weekend. Tickets go on sale April 8
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Wonder if Paul Alexander will be behind the piano for "November Rain", lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 06:11 PM)samhain Wrote: Wonder if Paul Alexander will be behind the piano for "November Rain", lol.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M5bab578d3b1864d580e7686d7c3f0...0&pid=15.1]

[Image: ESI_NeON_25-key_MIDI_Keyboard_Controller...D-FEET.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Any new material coming out along with this tour?  Or is it just a nostalgia thing?  Does anybody remember them touring about 10 years ago or so?  It was actually just Axl and whatever flunkies he had rounded up.  I don't think they even finished all the dates.  They came to Columbus.  I heard the show was awful.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Axl probably sounds like the ex girlfriend of Kevin Mitchell's cat.

Seems legit.
Reply/Quote
Axl's voice is the 64 thousand dollar question here. Slash is pretty much automatic. He's a professional and has been clean for ages. Doesn't even smoke anymore. Duff is pretty much the same. He writes an investment advice column in Seattle for Christ's sake.

Axl will make or break this tour. I've seen some videos of him with his new GNR band and he looked and sounded bad. He looks like goddamned carrot top. If people are shelling out 400 bucks for tickets on the secondary market and he can't deliver the goods, this tour will go down as one of the biggest jokes in rock history.

All things aside, though, I watched some early 90's show footage of their on Youtube. They were a menacing live act all the way. Like a punk rock club act playing football stadiums. The real deal. That will be incredibly tough to replicate for a bunch of dudes in their 50's.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 12:55 AM)samhain Wrote: Slash is pretty much automatic.  He's a professional and has been clean for ages.

Yeah he's pretty much established himself as a stand out musician.

Having moderate success with other ventures.

Working with various artist elevated him from "that guitar player from so and so band".

Hell Slash's name as a guitarist is pretty much household by now.

So it's pretty much a different dynamic in terms of situation.  He knows his worth and where he stands.

There's a safety net for him this time around.

Usually getting back together only reminds you how much you disliked someone, and remember why you quit in the first place.

And that's not counting drug/alcohol use and drop off of talent/abilities.

Grab some popcorn... this could get interesting.   Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 04:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: At PBS in Cincy on July 6.

Unless its the original line-up, no thanks.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Welcome  to the Jungle in The Jungle?

[Image: 1447453730482516.gif]
Reply/Quote
I saw you can buy a VIP package for 5K.

That is just an absurd amount of money for any kind of VIP ticket package. You dont even get to meet the band.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 12:55 AM)samhain Wrote: Axl's voice is the 64 thousand dollar question here. Slash is pretty much automatic. He's a professional and has been clean for ages. Doesn't even smoke anymore. Duff is pretty much the same. He writes an investment advice column in Seattle for Christ's sake.

Axl will make or break this tour. I've seen some videos of him with his new GNR band and he looked and sounded bad. He looks like goddamned carrot top. If people are shelling out 400 bucks for tickets on the secondary market and he can't deliver the goods, this tour will go down as one of the biggest jokes in rock history.

All things aside, though, I watched some early 90's show footage of their on Youtube. They were a menacing live act all the way. Like a punk rock club act playing football stadiums. The real deal. That will be incredibly tough to replicate for a bunch of dudes in their 50's.

i believe axls throat is what helped put metallica on the map.

Metallica opened for GnR axl then canceled due to a soar throat and metallica came out and did another full set for the fans...
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 08:15 PM)jason Wrote: Any new material coming out along with this tour?  Or is it just a nostalgia thing?  Does anybody remember them touring about 10 years ago or so?  It was actually just Axl and whatever flunkies he had rounded up.  I don't think they even finished all the dates.  They came to Columbus.  I heard the show was awful.

Its suppose to be the original GnR group with slash axl and whoever the rest were.
Reply/Quote
 Axl's GnR lineup wasn't a bunch of slouches. Granted, it took many players to reproduce some their trademark sound, but they weren't that bad, all things considered. 

They had a concert from 2012 air on one of those music channels on TV. In the beginning I thought Axl sounded like shit. But not long into it he changed my mind and rocked it pretty good. 

As long as his ego doesn't get in the way, this will be epic. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:38 PM)magikod Wrote: Unless its the original line-up, no thanks.

All but Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin.  It would be cool to check out, no doubt, and I just might.

...but Axl for AC/DC?  No freakin' way.  How about Jesse James Dupree from Jackyl?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote