Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns and Roses going on tour
(04-02-2016, 06:11 PM)samhain Wrote: Wonder if Paul Alexander will be behind the piano for "November Rain", lol.

[Image: 6C7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.blocks...medium.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 11:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i believe axls throat is what helped put metallica on the map.

Metallica opened for GnR  axl then canceled due to a soar throat and metallica came out and did another full set for the fans...

Axl was known for causing riots.  His lateness/failure to show caused shitstorms more than a few times.  I read that he tried to skip out on a gig opening for the Stones at the LA Colisseum.  He locked himself in his apartment and hadn't come out with 30 minutes to go before they were supposed to start.  The LAPD had to pry him out and get him to the show to keep 60000 people from going apeshit rioting.  All this after strong-arming Stones management for an extra half mil to even play the shows.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 11:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i believe axls throat is what helped put metallica on the map.

Metallica opened for GnR  axl then canceled due to a soar throat and metallica came out and did another full set for the fans...

I'm not a huge Metallica fan, especially after James Hetfield made fun of Layne Staley's (Alice in Chains) drug addiction when they couldn't tour with Metallica.

But I do give them props, Axl is a cry baby. Glad Metallica gave the fans at the concert a good show.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 02:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: All but Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin.  It would be cool to check out, no doubt, and I just might.

...but Axl for AC/DC?  No freakin' way.  How about Jesse James Dupree from Jackyl?

Now there is a hell of an idea.  He'd be great.   Rock On
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 02:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: All but Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin.  It would be cool to check out, no doubt, and I just might.

...but Axl for AC/DC?  No freakin' way.  How about Jesse James Dupree from Jackyl?

How about they just shut it down?  They have sucked since Bon Scott died.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 01:26 PM)jason Wrote: How about they just shut it down?  They have sucked since Bon Scott died.

Well, #1) I agree with you, I have never liked Brian Johnson, no comparison to Bon.  And #2) They won't shut it down because someone can still make some money, and that's pretty well what it comes down to.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 06:31 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, #1) I agree with you, I have never liked Brian Johnson, no comparison to Bon.  And #2) They won't shut it down because someone can still make some money, and that's pretty well what it comes down to.

Pretty much this jason, I wish they'd just shut it down too, or wait until Brian can rejoin, but ain't gonna happen.  While I like the Bon Scott era better myself, there are quite a few songs I dig with Brian at the helm....I like him.

That said, just for sentimental reasons, I copped a couple GnR tickets for me and the misses for PBS in July. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 07:10 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Now there is a hell of an idea.  He'd be great.   Rock On

I think so too.....better than Axl.

Reply/Quote