Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns don't kill people, Pat Sims kills people
Phat is back
Reply/Quote
Crazy, early prediction.  The Bengals roll with 4 DTs, Geno and Peko rotating with Hardison and Sims.   I really believe that the door finally closes for both Thompson and Still. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Agree  devon stills story makes you want him to make it...  But devon stills game tape doesnt make you want him on your roster when there is only 53 spots and you got more than 10 DL players outplaying him

Honestly I feel better about releasing Still this year. He had another year of NFL insurance, and he made a ton of money for his daughter. From all the donations and jersey sales, he should be able to care for Leah for years to come. Plus I bet some other team will find a spot for him. So it's not like he'll be out of the NFL automatically.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:28 PM)Element Wrote: This dudes thread was a fail

[Image: 1329835971654.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 06:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Crazy, early prediction.  The Bengals roll with 4 DTs, Geno and Peko rotating with Hardison and Sims.   I really believe that the door finally closes for both Thompson and Still. 

I'm gonna sell that. Hardison opens the door for Hunt to get cut, not Thompson who is at least competent.

Run with 4 1/2 tackles and ends -er, wait, 4 ends and 5 tackles
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 06:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly I feel better about releasing Still this year. He had another year of NFL insurance, and he made a ton of money for his daughter. From all the donations and jersey sales, he should be able to care for Leah for years to come. Plus I bet some other team will find a spot for him. So it's not like he'll be out of the NFL automatically.

Since when does he get any money from his jersey sales or donations?
Reply/Quote
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/10/16/6987961/torrey-smith-devon-still-daughter-bengals-jerseys

I was under the impression that at least some of those funds were helping Children's hospital and Leah.

I could be wrong though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Pat Sims wasn't tremendous in his game, but he did show up. He had more moments than Still.

Also, why is no one talking about the possibility of Brandon Thompson being cut? He has needed to step up and just never does. I don't see Thompson making this team.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 11:27 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Pat Sims wasn't tremendous in his game, but he did show up. 

He may have had a few weak plays, but that brutal hit on the RB was intimidating. A player sees something like that and they don't want to run Phat's way anymore. 

That said, is it possible he is too Phat? Can he play a whole game if, say, part of the rotation were injured?

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:37 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: He may have had a few weak plays, but that brutal hit on the RB was intimidating. A player sees something like that and they don't want to run Phat's way anymore. 

That said, is it possible he is too Phat? Can he play a whole game if, say, part of the rotation were injured?

No. No he couldn't, but you have to figure that they can also move Gilberry and Hunt (if he makes it) inside at times too.  Being Phat is his game. Big Grin
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Pat Sims died 20 years ago. Death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.
Reply/Quote
Phat Sims doesn't flush the toilet, he just scares the sh*t out of it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Other than MO's golden mohawk, this hair has to be some of the worst in Bengals history. Right?
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:37 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: He may have had a few weak plays, but that brutal hit on the RB was intimidating. A player sees something like that and they don't want to run Phat's way anymore. 

Yeah, but how often is it possible that he's not part of that injured rotation? I think the reason we let him walk (to Oakland) before was related to his inability to stay healthy, and in case you didn't see my latest post, he's injured again. 

I'd be tempted to keep Kwame Geathers and DeShawn Williams over Thompson and Sims. I think they'd be better compliments to Geno and Peko. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This type of thread has not had positive results for the previous people it was about..

Rivers
Vontaze

Hobspin Wrote:Backup defensive tackle Pat Sims made a nice play collapsing the pocket on third and long, but it looked like he suffered a groin pull or hamstring issue. It would appear he may not be ready for Tampa . . .

Nice job, guys.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Pat Sims's blood type is A1.
Pat Sims unscrambles his eggs.
Pat Sims made his Happy Meal cry.
The best part of waking up isn't Folgers in your cup, but rather knowing Pat Sims still hasn't killed you.
Reply/Quote
Pat Sims makes the team. Brandon Thompson and Devon Still don't. Both guys never really did much to impress and had the chance to the last two seasons.
Reply/Quote