Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GunsNRoses
I would love to see "Welcome to the Jungle" performed by the original artist in the Jungle.....but I cannot be there.

Is anyone planning to go? and if so.....can you PLEASE get it on video??? They are saying that the band is WELL AWARE of
the significance of the song here in Cincy......so I am assuming they will do a little extra.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post........but it is Bengals related.....Kind of.....
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 07:02 AM)JungleGal50 Wrote: I would love to see "Welcome to the Jungle" performed by the original artist in the Jungle.....but I cannot be there.

Is anyone planning to go? and if so.....can you PLEASE get it on video??? They are saying that the band is WELL AWARE of
the significance of the song here in Cincy......so I am assuming they will do a little extra.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post........but it is Bengals related.....Kind of.....

I'll be there....and I'll try to remember....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 07:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll be there....and I'll try to remember....

I'd appreciate it!  Have a great time!
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 07:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll be there....and I'll try to remember....

have a good time ! Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I have two extra tickets if anyone is interested.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Cincy luck requires Axl to get all bitchy and refuse to sing it. Band gives up, walks off. Fans leave feeling much like we did after all recent playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 10:20 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Cincy luck requires Axl to get all bitchy and refuse to sing it. Band gives up, walks off. Fans leave feeling much like we did after all recent playoff games.

Historically speaking , Axl is a lot like the Cincinnati Bengals. Both of them rarely show up for evening performances.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Just don't piss Axl off.  It could be a short show.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 10:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Just don't piss Axl off.  It could be a short show.   Ninja

They played it. 3rd song in. Watched it live via periscope. Not sure how great the sound quality was there but I got bumps, having listened to that song at kickoff in person since I was a kid. 
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 11:01 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They played it. 3rd song in. Watched it live via periscope. Not sure how great the sound quality was there but I got bumps, having listened to that song at kickoff in person since I was a kid. 

Hmm, I would've thought they'd had saved that for one of the last few.  Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.  Certainly has meaning around these parts.   Rock On
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 11:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hmm, I would've thought they'd had saved that for one of the last few.  Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.  Certainly has meaning around these parts.   Rock On

That's what I thought they'd do. 
Reply/Quote
Axl sounded great on it. They exceeded my expectations, TBH. Axl labored a bit early, but he really sounded great during the last 7 or 8 songs. Steven Adler showing up was the icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 11:01 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They played it. 3rd song in. Watched it live via periscope. Not sure how great the sound quality was there but I got bumps, having listened to that song at kickoff in person since I was a kid. 

Found this on Youtube....says it was streamed via Periscope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7L05UqdXSg
Reply/Quote
Anyone here go? How was it?
Reply/Quote
who opened or was it just GnR?
Reply/Quote
Nice ! Would have liked to have been there.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 07:02 AM)JungleGal50 Wrote: I would love to see "Welcome to the Jungle" performed by the original artist in the Jungle.....but I cannot be there.

So.....I remembered to video the entire song for you....now if I can figure out how to post it here from my phone for you..... LMAO

If I do get it figured out....fyi....turn your volume down. It was SO loud...it's pretty distorted. This is one of the best shows I've ever been to, and I'm not the big fan that wanted to go....my wife is. Don't get me wrong, I like their music a bunch....just never saw myself shelling out dough to watch Axl half ass a show...or not even bother to show. These guys are sober now, and they are a tour de force. Slash is an absolute animal on the guitar. I've seen a lot of good guitarists in my day....the likes of Buddy Guy....but Slash is definitely top 3. Wow.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: who opened or was it just GnR?

Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown....blues infused hard rock. They were pretty good.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 03:47 AM)samhain Wrote: Axl sounded great on it. They exceeded my expectations, TBH. Axl labored a bit early, but he really sounded great during the last 7 or 8 songs. Steven Adler showing up was the icing on the cake.
No doubt. I too noticed Axl really gained momentum as the show went on. Slash tho......

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 11:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hmm, I would've thought they'd had saved that for one of the last few.  Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.  Certainly has meaning around these parts.   Rock On

(07-06-2016, 11:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That's what I thought they'd do. 

They paid homage to it....Axl also asked "Do you know where you are?" and then answered "of course YOU do..." or something like that. It was pretty neat.

Reply/Quote