Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys Marvin Isn't Going Anywhere
I think if all the fans really came out and said fire Lewis, he'd step down. I haven't really ever heard the fire Lewis chant this loud before. I thought about it and I think they should go after Vance Joseph, he'd come here with a hc offer over dc, he knows it here, and players like him. Even was reported by Tomlin, miami defense does a lot of things we do. Sounds like a perfect match to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought it was pretty clear after 2010 that if you wanted to root for a team sans Marvin Lewis within the next decade you were going to have to look elsewhere.

Whew, only four more years to go.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 06:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Whew, only four more years to go.

And THEN we can hire Bruce Coslet!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 06:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And THEN we can hire Bruce Coslet!!

Or maybe we can coax LeBeau out of retirement.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Or maybe we can coax LeBeau out of retirement.

Dave Shula isn't doing anything this weekend.  Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Or maybe we can coax LeBeau out of retirement.

He's currently the Assistant Head Coach and DC in Tennessee.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

(10-11-2016, 07:05 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Or maybe we can coax LeBeau out of retirement

I don't know old Sammy was looking pretty spry after his transplant surgery on that video during the Miami game. I would take him in a second new ticker and all.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dave Shula isn't doing anything this weekend.  Sad

BS, he's got a shipment of porterhouses coming in that need moved! 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 06:21 PM)Housh Wrote: We just got embarrassed by Dallas and NO ONE is fired? Or even on the hotseat? cmon bro

If a team with supposed Super Bowl aspirations starts out 2-3, has extreme trouble punching it in through 5 games, and has a line that clearly can't run or pass block, someone's head should be rolling.

Personally, I think one of the following should've happened by now:

1. Ogbuehi sitting the bench.
2. Paul Alexander fired.
3. Zampese fired.

But it seems the Bengals are more willing to sink a season than to make any sort of change.

Wait...wasn't he a coach from....the 90's?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wait...wasn't he a coach from....the 90's?

The 90's?  I remember the 90's.  Member Garrison Hearst?  Member Neil O'donnell?  Member Gus Ferrotte?  I rememba!

I better put this video here in case anyone thinks I've lost my mind:

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If a team with supposed Super Bowl aspirations starts out 2-3, has extreme trouble punching it in through 5 games, and has a line that clearly can't run or pass block, someone's head should be rolling.

Personally, I think one of the following should've happened by now:

1. Ogbuehi sitting the bench.
2. Paul Alexander fired.
3. Zampese fired.

But it seems the Bengals are more willing to sink a season than to make any sort of change.

The only time I remember the Bengals firing a coach during a season was back when Marvin first started as head coach and they fired DC Leslie Frazier. Marvin took over at that point for the rest of the season. Guys like Bresnahan, Brat were let go after the season ended. Mikey no wanna pay for someone doing nothing no matter how badly they're doing their jobs!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dave Shula isn't doing anything this weekend.  Sad

There is a new training class of servers starting this weekend.  He needs to be there to make sure everyone is in proper uniform...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 04:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: The only time I remember the Bengals firing a coach during a season was back when Marvin first started as head coach and they fired DC Leslie Frazier. Marvin took over at that point for the rest of the season. Guys like Bresnahan, Brat were let go after the season ended. Mikey no wanna pay for someone doing nothing no matter how badly they're doing their jobs!

Weren't they actually fired at the end of their contracts also?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 05:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Weren't they actually fired at the end of their contracts also?

I believe so, not sure though.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 05:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: I believe so, not sure though.

I can't believe that Mike Brown would pay someone a couple year's salary to not work.  I honestly think he would rather go 0-16 than do that.
Reply/Quote