Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Guys Tycen Anderson tore his ACL
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/tycen-anderson-suffered-torn-acl-in-bengals-win-over-49ers

I am genuinely mad at this shit. He looked to had found a home on special teams and it was only a matter of time before he was given a shot because of Nick Scott.

I am for real salty. He became my favorite young defender in the preseason

This almost isn’t fair.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 11:19 AM)Housh Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/tycen-anderson-suffered-torn-acl-in-bengals-win-over-49ers

I am genuinely mad at this shit. He looked to had found a home on special teams and it was only a matter of time before he was given a shot because of Nick Scott.

This almost isn’t fair.

That actually is a huge blow to the team.  I have marveled all season at his abilities as a gunner on kickoff coverage.  Man, that really blows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didn't even realize he was playing
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 11:30 AM)Tony Wrote: I didn't even realize he was playing

Yeah. Him and Yoshi been getting it in on special teams.

Tycen had 8 total tackles and to my knowledge he didn’t take even 1 defensive snap so that means he’s making all his tackles on special teams so being involved in 8 tackles by himself is very good

In comparison Yoshi has 2 ST tackles and everyone thinks he’s been great so Tycen was putting in work
-Housh
Reply/Quote
This sucks. I had high hopes for Tycen this season.

Practically, I assume Michael Thomas will get promoted from the PS. He does not have Anderson's speed, but was the Soecial Teams captain last season.

In terms of PT on D, Battle was clearly ahead if him. If someone was/is gonna step in for Scott, it was/is gonna Battle, not Anderson.
Reply/Quote
So bummed. We have had really good gunner play this year.
Reply/Quote
Having Mike Thomas on the PS helps lessen the blow, but damn I feel bad for the kid. Can't seem to catch a break.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 11:19 AM)Housh Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/tycen-anderson-suffered-torn-acl-in-bengals-win-over-49ers

you mad, bro?

it's a backup safety in a long NFL season.
Reply/Quote
no corresponding roster move yet. It could be Mike Thomas or they could hold it for Charlie Jones next week.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 01:00 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: you mad, bro?

A team is much more than the 22 on the field.  Anderson is a valuable contributor and his tackles have left opposing offenses starting field position deep in their end of the field several times.  Not to mention the fair catches that he forces by just being there on the spot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is a bummer, but things like this happen. It happened last night to the Steelers to a starting LB. The titans were playing with 3rd string lineman. As they say next man up.

Speedy recovery Tycen, look forward to seeing you in 2024.
Reply/Quote

This almost isn’t fair.

Yeah, this sucks. Tycen might be the most underrated player on the team, he was just coming into his own.

Hope Tycen comes back like a mad man in 2024. Good player, use this time to learn mentally and rehab up Tycen.
Reply/Quote
D@mn that sucks. Next man up.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 01:00 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: you mad, bro?

Yes I’m pissed

I’m allowed to be mad that one of our guys who worked his ass off is down again with the same injury.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 01:01 PM)pally Wrote: no corresponding roster move yet. It could be Mike Thomas or they could hold it for Charlie Jones next week.

I think we had a guy in mind already that Jones was gonna replace

The replacement here damn near has to be Mike Thomas right? I know the coaches didn’t even wanna put him on the practice squad but kinda had to because we had great depth at safety and Tycen flashes on ST

I’d put good money MT is back by Sunday
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, the fact that he played on it means it is not a terribly severe tear and he can be back for 2024. Assuming he did not make it wirse by playing on it, of course.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 12:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In terms of PT on D, Battle was clearly ahead if him. If someone was/is gonna step in for Scott, it was/is gonna Battle, not Anderson.

Yup

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tycen actually tore the ACL early in the game last Sunday and played the entire game with the injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 02:01 PM)pally Wrote: Tycen actually tore the ACL early in the game last Sunday and played the entire game with the injury

Geez, tough sumbitch. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Damn!!

I've been pulling for him to develop.
Reply/Quote