Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gym Girls Get REJECTED By Men At The Gym
I go more often to the gym after the Bengals season is over.
Years ago it was in December or November. Mellow

After the Coronavirus disease pandemic and people started to return to the gym I noticed a lot of people videoing themselves at the gym.
Now I know why. Mellow

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's more than just the Instabunnies in the flashy mega gyms, it's even HS boys in smaller community gyms attempting to generate content for their Youtube channels. I know a significant percentage of the gym community has about had their fill with selfish wanna be "influencers" tying up training space and attempting to turn a public space into their personal "studio". I've seen planty of folks purposefully walk through shots and even make it a point to stand in front of someone's phone, to send a message.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ban all use of cell phones/Camera while in the gym.... as you should be there to work out not film
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ban all use of cell phones/Camera while in the gym.... as you should be there to work out not film

Then how else will I make everyone aware that I’m actually the center of the entire universe?!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ban all use of cell phones/Camera while in the gym....  as you should be there to work out not film

[Image: 1000_F_527727377_HfGmW7U5wakdn7e8hqXY4ws7km4rpKWO.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ban all use of cell phones/Camera while in the gym....  as you should be there to work out not film

I wouldn't go quite that far. I've recorded myself in the gym to check form on various lifts and it can be very beneficial to see what you're doing so you can pinpoint issues. This is especially true whenever I have done some of the more technical olympic lifts. 

No professional cameras, no tripods, and no "camera crew" I.E. people filming you trying to get aesthetic shots.
Reply/Quote
It bewilders me that there’s so many of this videos and and I’ve never seen anyone once recording at the gym. I must be going to the wrong gym
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2024, 06:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I wouldn't go quite that far. I've recorded myself in the gym to check form on various lifts and it can be very beneficial to see what you're doing so you can pinpoint issues. This is especially true whenever I have done some of the more technical olympic lifts. 

No professional cameras, no tripods, and no "camera crew" I.E. people filming you trying to get aesthetic shots.

Okay then No Uploading or Live Streaming the videos without everyone's permission who can be seen in the video.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 04:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Okay then No Uploading or Live Streaming the videos without everyone's permission who can be seen in the video.

I think the no livestreaming rule would be fine, and more enforceable. The "no uploading" rule would be a waste of time, though. It sounds nice in theory, but the gym staff is unlikely to become aware of posted videos and they would have to care enough to enforce the rule once they did. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 05:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think the no livestreaming rule would be fine, and more enforceable. The "no uploading" rule would be a waste of time, though. It sounds nice in theory, but the gym staff is unlikely to become aware of posted videos and they would have to care enough to enforce the rule once they did. 

I host Strongman competitions for one of the two amateur federations in the US.  When someone wants to record the entire event, or even stream it, we generally have the Emcee make an announcement over the PA, asking if anyone is averse to possibly being captured by video. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 05:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I host Strongman competitions for one of the two amateur federations in the US.  When someone wants to record the entire event, or even stream it, we generally have the Emcee make an announcement over the PA, asking if anyone is averse to possibly being captured by video. 

That's pretty cool and I think a good practice for competitions. Do you ever compete? I was mulling over doing a powerlifting competition last year but then I tore my Achilles. Since I have gotten back into the gym, I ventured away from powerlifting but it would have been fun to give comp a shot. 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 11:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That's pretty cool and I think a good practice for competitions. Do you ever compete? I was mulling over doing a powerlifting competition last year but then I tore my Achilles. Since I have gotten back into the gym, I ventured away from powerlifting but it would have been fun to give comp a shot. 

At my age (Masters 50+ Division) my body allows me to compete once, maybe twice per year.  I'll be 55 this month, so I work towards recapturing a little lost strength, as opposed to setting lifetime PRs these days.  But honestly I find it so very rewarding to coach newer athletes and host competitions.  Helping people to achieve feats that they never thought they would be able to achieve is it's own incredible feeling.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At my age (Masters 50+ Division) my body allows me to compete once, maybe twice per year.  I'll be 55 this month, so I work towards recapturing a little lost strength, as opposed to setting lifetime PRs these days.  But honestly I find it so very rewarding to coach newer athletes and host competitions.  Helping people to achieve feats that they never thought they would be able to achieve is it's own incredible feeling.

I can understand it. I lift with my father-in-law and he is 62 years old. When we were doing our powerlifting split, it was absurd how strong he was. On our max day, he hit 315 on bench, 495 on squat and low 400's on deadlift. However, right around the time I got injured he was talking about getting away from lifting heavy due to the toll it has taken on his body. He's had seven shoulder surgeries, bicep surgery, tricep surgery, and surgery to fix a hernia. It can be a difficult sport to do long term and I am sure the same applies to strongman.

That's great you enjoy coaching and hosting so much. It's a nice replacement that can keep you active in the scene. 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At my age (Masters 50+ Division) my body allows me to compete once, maybe twice per year.  I'll be 55 this month, so I work towards recapturing a little lost strength, as opposed to setting lifetime PRs these days.  But honestly I find it so very rewarding to coach newer athletes and host competitions.  Helping people to achieve feats that they never thought they would be able to achieve is it's own incredible feeling.

Sir I am impressed. I did not picture you involved with fitness. Joe
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 12:40 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Sir I am impressed. I did not picture you involved with fitness. Joe

I also played Semi-Pro Football back in my late 20s-early 30s, and used to coach the kids little league teams, etc.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't know if anyone said this but I follow the first dude on TikTok and he's always calling people out for gym behavior.

I think he's annoying but I can't get enough of him lol.

His catchphrase is annoying too but I can't get enough of it:

Quote:You need to do better, mind your own business.

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 03:26 PM)basballguy Wrote: It bewilders me that there’s so many of this videos and and I’ve never seen anyone once recording at the gym.  I must be going to the wrong gym

Ditto. In 6 years, i've never seen a single one recording.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't...go to the gym. : (
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 01:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ditto. In 6 years, i've never seen a single one recording.

Odd, there's a whole series of you in the shower going viral, Sparky.  Lol
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 06:29 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Odd, there's a whole series of you in the shower going viral, Sparky.  Lol

Wide lens, i'm sure.  Smirk

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote