Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BENGALSBOARD!!!
Today is the official 1 year anniversary of the BengalsBoard. It's been an outstanding 1st year! In 12 months, we've reached 1,200 members, more than 214,000 posts, and we're the #1 ranked 'Bengals message board' on Google, despite other boards having been around much, much longer than us. Not too shabby!

All of this happened because an awesome fan community became displaced after their previous home was taken away. The resolve and loyalty of this community is what makes it so unstoppable and why this board thrived so quickly.

This board would not have happened if not for this community. To each and every member who decided to make this their home, and in the process, one of the very best sports message boards on the web...thank you!!!

I also want to acknowledge the great staff of admins and mods that put in the time and work to make sure this place runs as smoothly as possible and is an enjoyable experience. 

So, Happy One Year Anniversary and here's to many, many more to come!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Thank you all,
BJ
Reply/Quote
ROCK ON!!!

[Image: 2a44c2f8-da2f-4edb-8e41-f43afb8cef1f.jpg]

Thanks Holic and friends.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 01:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ROCK ON!!!

[Image: 2a44c2f8-da2f-4edb-8e41-f43afb8cef1f.jpg]

Thanks Holic and friends.

I don't appreciate being filmed while I sleep.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
At least we're not going to announce that we're closing the boards for our anniversary. Whatever

[Image: 13179381_10209469207832976_5053996839055...e=57DADCD4]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 02:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At least we're not going to announce that we're closing the boards for our anniversary.  Whatever

[Image: 13179381_10209469207832976_5053996839055...e=57DADCD4]

Oh man, I had forgotten that the closing came not long after the 'anniversary'. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Happy Anniversary everybody. I was lookin' for a reason to get drunk tonight. Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals.com didn't know what they had when they tried to shut down the boards. Not really sure what the motive was but when a window shuts another one opens and I think it's for the best now. Now we have people running the boards who show the community more respect imo. Whether it be trying new features out or just listening to feedback from posters it's nice to see the quality of the forums be on par with the community it houses. From the Admins to the first time posters all of us have had a hand in making this place great.

I'm happy to see this place still standing strong my football routine just wouldn't be the same without it and it has become just part of being a Bengals fan for me.

WHODEY!

Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 03:45 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Bengals.com didn't know what they had when they tried to shut down the boards. Not really sure what the motive was but when a window shuts another one opens and I think it's for the best now. Now we have people running the boards who show the community more respect imo. Whether it be trying new features out or just listening to feedback from posters it's nice to see the quality of the forums be on par with the community it houses. From the Admins to the first time posters all of us have had a hand in making this place great.

I'm happy to see this place still standing strong my football routine just wouldn't be the same without it and it has become just part of being a Bengals fan for me.

WHODEY!

Tiger

Very well said.  Clapping
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad we have the boards to discuss our team. I've looked over the conversations on Facebook and Twitter (which were supposed to be the future Rolleyes ) and they are just intolerable.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 03:45 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Bengals.com didn't know what they had when they tried to shut down the boards. Not really sure what the motive was but when a window shuts another one opens and I think it's for the best now. Now we have people running the boards who show the community more respect imo. Whether it be trying new features out or just listening to feedback from posters it's nice to see the quality of the forums be on par with the community it houses. From the Admins to the first time posters all of us have had a hand in making this place great.

WHODEY!

Tiger

That deserves a "Hell Yeah!"
[Image: I4VU8Kx.gif]
Reply/Quote
Great big thanks to Holic and all the staff ! Fantastic job
Reply/Quote
WOO HOO!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Happy anniversary Bengalholic, thank you for all of the time and work you have put into making this message board a success.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to give a shout out to Jim Owczarski. We don't have direct links to all the news like we did on the Mothership, but Jim has become an active member and keeps us in the know.

Of course thanks to the mods and Admins (except for the one that tried to kill it).
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 01:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to give a shout out to Jim Owczarski. We don't have direct links to all the news like we did on the Mothership, but Jim has become an active member and keeps us in the know.

Of course thanks to the mods and Admins (except for the one that tried to kill it).

Great point about Jim O. We're very lucky to have him on board.
Reply/Quote
Well, well, well.......a year already?  Man, this place has grown exponentially in quite a short period.  I must admit, I was pretty concerned about our future when the joint got shut down for a bit, but with the exception of a few that missed the memo, we have bounced back quite nicely.  

BIG thanks to 'Holic for putting the place together and getting it off the ground.  Also, without the great team of mods that have been assembled, the board would not continue to grow and be the awesome place it has become.  Major props to all of you.  Thank you all, and to all of the dysfunctional "family" that has transplanted here and kept the community alive.

Even fred..... Mellow

LMAO Cheers

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 02:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, well, well.......a year already?  Man, this place has grown exponentially in quite a short period.  I must admit, I was pretty concerned about our future when the joint got shut down for a bit, but with the exception of a few that missed the memo, we have bounced back quite nicely.  

BIG thanks to 'Holic for putting the place together and getting it off the ground.  Also, without the great team of mods that have been assembled, the board would not continue to grow and be the awesome place it has become.  Major props to all of you.  Thank you all, and to all of the dysfunctional "family" that has transplanted here and kept the community alive.

Even fred..... Mellow

Speaking of young Frederick...it looks like he will be the 1st member to reach 10k posts/10k rep. 

Seeing as how I don't have a name for that level yet, maybe we'll call it 'Club Fred'.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
Happy Anniversary Bengalsboard, indeed! What a great 1st year it has been. Best Bengals community (and even rivals community) on the web!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 06:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of young Frederick...it looks like he will be the 1st member to reach 10k posts/10k rep. 

Seeing as how I don't have a name for that level yet, maybe we'll call it 'Club Fred'.   Ninja

10k posts in a single year? Wowzers. I felt bad for having 16k posts in 4+ years on the old boards.

Between the old boards and the new one, Fred has 63,000+ posts since 1/24/2006. 

[Image: 1936159_10209469207752974_73017222044654...e=579CCEF2]
Reply/Quote
I've gotten close to, and drifted away, from family and friends over the years but you guys have always been here and I've always felt like I had a place on the MB. I have a feeling that our community will be everlasting and I'm happy that we have had a gracious host for our new home this past year. Here's to Holic and all the great moderators that have kept the place going.
Reply/Quote