Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BENGALSBOARD!!!
(05-17-2016, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Denny threw some thinly veiled shots at this board when it started up. He brought up how many members the old board had and said there was only one "official" board or something along those lines. He wasn't exactly classy on the way out.

I think he paid us a compliment on Twitter one time. I guess he's too busy running the Facebook page where people were bent out of shape over us releasing AJ Hawk.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 03:51 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think he paid us a compliment on Twitter one time. I guess he's too busy running the Facebook page where people were bent out of shape over us releasing AJ Hawk.

[Image: haha11-1.gif~c200]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 09:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: haha11-1.gif~c200]

Pretty much my reaction. Seriously, there were people upset about his release and Lamur signing somewhere else. That's why Facebook and Twitter discussions don't work.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 03:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Pretty much my reaction. Seriously, there were people upset about his release and Lamur signing somewhere else. That's why Facebook and Twitter discussions don't work.

Well it's that and the fact that people don't really log into FB and twitter with the plan to discuss football. They log on to check up with family and friends. That's why the Bengals FB and twitter feeds probably don't have any type of community going. More like random casual fans posting random casual posts. 

It's much easier to have in depth discussions here, where we may have 1000+ members, but only 200+ post regularly. Plus if you take the time to post in a place like this, chances are you are a passionate fan who knows the team in and out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 04:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well it's that and the fact that people don't really log into FB and twitter with the plan to discuss football. They log on to check up with family and friends. That's why the Bengals FB and twitter feeds probably don't have any type of community going. More like random casual fans posting random casual posts. 

It's much easier to have in depth discussions here, where we may have 1000+ members, but only 200+ post regularly. Plus if you take the time to post in a place like this, chances are you are a passionate fan who knows the team in and out.

The original message board is what allowed me to learn so much about the Bengals. I've never been to Cincinnati so I don't have a lot of media coverage to depend on. The board is what helped me turn into the nutjob I am nowadays.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 04:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The original message board is what allowed me to learn so much about the Bengals. I've never been to Cincinnati so I don't have a lot of media coverage to depend on. The board is what helped me turn into the nutjob I am nowadays.

Yeah there's positives and negatives to the boards. I learn a lot about the draft here, whereas I used to barely follow the draft at all. I've also learned a lot about the cap and other odds and ends. On the flip side, I think I'm a bit more argumentative here than I was in the beginning. Guess that's to be expected when you talk football with the same dudes for 5+ years.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 05:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah there's positives and negatives to the boards. I learn a lot about the draft here, whereas I used to barely follow the draft at all. I've also learned a lot about the cap and other odds and ends. On the flip side, I think I'm a bit more argumentative here than I was in the beginning. Guess that's to be expected when you talk football with the same dudes for 5+ years.

[Image: 006200_11.jpg]

No shit......tell us about it!!!!

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 02:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: 006200_11.jpg]

No shit......tell us about it!!!!

LMAO

I just did. Now stay off my lawn! 
Reply/Quote
Sorry to be late, but Happy Anniversary! Thanks Bengalholic for giving us this message board home.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 04:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The original message board is what allowed me to learn so much about the Bengals. I've never been to Cincinnati so I don't have a lot of media coverage to depend on. The board is what helped me turn into the nutjob I am nowadays.

For all its faults (including how badly it ended), the original message board is what brought almost everyone here together. I'm grateful for that. I've never had so much fun being so miserable.  Tongue

Sorry I missed the anniversary, but congrats on experiencing so much success in the first year here. I can attest to how much effort is required of the administrators to steer a forum like this to such heights, but it is the entire population that truly drives it. It is unfortunate that the first Bengals season on the new site didn't end better than all of the 10 seasons on the old site, but there is still hope that this team can break though and provide us an opportunity to share those elusive playoff victories and, hopefully, a Super Bowl championship together.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Thanks guys and let me just say that I am over joyed that Denny has nothing to do with these forums. Little Napoleon took his empire elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2016, 12:13 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: For all its faults (including how badly it ended), the original message board is what brought almost everyone here together. I'm grateful for that. I've never had so much fun being so miserable.  Tongue

This is the place I come to when I have no one else to turn to for commiseration.  Early in the hours of last January 10, is a prime example.  This place helps me keep my football sanity.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote