Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HC Jobs filling fast
I don't believe any of the candidates the Bengals were interested in have been snatched up yet, so they might not feel like there's a rush (yet).

Candidates Bengals considering:
Hue Jackson
Darrin Simmons
Bill Lazor
Vance Joseph
Eric Bieniemy
Todd Monken
Zac Taylor
Shane Waldron

All still available, so they still get their "pick of the litter" in their eyes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't believe any of the candidates the Bengals were interested in have been snatched up yet, so they might not feel like there's a rush (yet).

Candidates Bengals considering:
Hue Jackson
Darrin Simmons
Bill Lazor
Vance Joseph
Eric Bieniemy
Todd Monken
Zac Taylor
Shane Waldron

All still available, so they still get their "pick of the litter" in their eyes.

I think the Jet go Bieniemy or Monken (although McCarthy has been thrown around a lot)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think the Jet go Bieniemy or Monken (although McCarthy has been thrown around a lot)

I just read this morning, that the Jets job is the only one that Mike McCarthy is interested in.  The Jets would really be foolhardy to not bring in McCarthy to help Darnold evolve into a household name.  If I have time to run down the article, I'll share it. (working right now)

Here it is.  http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-coaching-news-new-york-jets-mike-mccarthy-interest/1ecl9shqttxlx1ktn2gnc7oth9

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:32 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think that has blown over. You don't put that same guy as the interim head coach of your organization either when the guy you may be potentially hiring as the full time coach was on staff. I heard something interesting, Williams pre dates Dorsey and many believe Dorsey wants his own guy in place and Williams isn't "his guy". 

If they actually hire off their staff then he must have been the one the FO gave credit to for turning things around. The success of the offense and maybe input from Mayfielld might be working against Williams. Sounds Clevelandny enough for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 11:21 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: My answer to the question is yes it should be great for the Bengals because the young offensive coaches a lot of us wanted are all still available. Unfortunately, like others have stated, the Bengals will not hire one of them. Hue/Lazor/Simmons would be colossal mistakes and I am not a big fan of hiring Joseph either (just failed with another team - could get him to be D coordinator which I would be ok with)
So I am sure it will be one of those guys - that’s life being a Bengals fan.

One interesting thing is that there are 3, maybe 4, HC spots filled now and I am not really impressed by any of the hirings so far.

In my opinion, you might want to look at the staff that is being assembled in Tampa.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 12:05 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If they actually hire off their staff then he must have been the one the FO gave credit to for turning things around. The success of the offense and maybe input from Mayfielld might be working against Williams. Sounds Clevelandny enough for me.

browns are choosing between kitchens and the Vikings OC
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 12:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: In my opinion, you might want to look at the staff that is being assembled in Tampa.

I like bowles as a DC... I don't know tampa's personel and I believe bowles is a 3-4 coach.  so not sure how it messes..

he and arians were together before.   was it when palmer was in AZ?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I like bowles as a DC... I don't know tampa's personel and I believe bowles is a 3-4 coach.  so not sure how it messes..

he and arians were together before.   was it when palmer was in AZ?

Yes....and they had a very good unit then.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well all of their external candidates are still in play. If they are still high on lazor or even hue as oc, it would have been an interesting pairing with Fangio as hc. They seem to be really focused on the offensive side of the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:28 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: After bountygate he is a pariah. Not as bad as Kaepernick but still not a coach that you want as the head of your organization.

Nobody remembers bountygate. He was able to get another job.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nobody remembers bountygate. He was able to get another job.

I would disagree. I believe everyone remembers Bountygate. It has gotten less controversial year by year but don't fool yourself, nobody forgot. I would like to go in a direction that throws a more positive light on the team. Definitely don't want him as the HC or DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 12:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes....and they had a very good unit then.

That's what she said.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nobody remembers bountygate. He was able to get another job.

BTW he got his job in 2017 so his defense was 4-22 before becoming head coach,  pretty poor record if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
Broncos announce Fangio

Chris Mortensen is reporting Kitchens is the Browns final choice. Gregg Williams is out as DC

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Browns just announced Freddie Kitchens
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:17 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: BTW he got his job in 2017 so his defense was 4-22 before becoming head coach,  pretty poor record if you ask me.

The defense I don't think was much of the issue....  The train of QBs was more likely a cause.
Reply/Quote
Go get Greg Williams for DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:53 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Go get Greg Williams for DC.

YES!!!!
YES!!!!
YES!!!!

of the names available   (id take him over vance)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 02:53 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Go get Greg Williams for DC.

This x100. I’ll take him as a DC, he did a good job with a sketchy defense there.

All provided the new head coach is allowed to build his staff.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:05 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Bucs, Cards, Packers, Broncos have filled their HC jobs. Do you think this helps or hurts the Bengals. The names most mentioned here are not the ones hired. Are the Bengals in a better position to get one of the good young coaches as the number of jobs go down? Could we have a chance of getting one of the established coaches?

None of the guys we interviewed have been hired as far as i know.

My prediction for us at this moment.....

Zac Taylor HC, Waldron OC, Vance Joseph DC
Reply/Quote