Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HEP-C getting the best of me
(04-12-2018, 08:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Damn hypochondriacsLOL  I’m glad for you gramps. Remember how you felt when you found out you were ok. Too bad you have to go through extreme anxiety to get that feeling.

To be honest I never did have as much anxiety about hepc and possibly dying from it as I did back when I had to go to court to possibly spend up to a year in the pokey.. I always have much more anxiety over going to court.. Last year I went to court over a $50 fine that worried me a lot more . 
I was kind of worried for the old woman and my kids.  They were having more anxiety about it by far than I was.  Death itself doesn't scare me nearly as much as the method of death.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good to hear about the positive results

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just got a call from the VA telling me the latest blood test for the virus that it's now completely undetectable in my system. The strange thing they told me is that about the only time this occurs is within the first 6 months or so of contacting HepC and never 20+ years after the fact.  Just a few months ago I had all kinds of swelling in my gut and was about to be fast tracked for treatment, but blood tests kept coming back better and better till now undetectable..  I was bitten by a radioactive spider I guess.. Who knows what deal I made with the devil, but I'll take it.. Self healing of HepC.. Now this is strange.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2018, 03:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just got a call from the VA telling me the latest blood test for the virus that it's now completely undetectable in my system. The strange thing they told me is that about the only time this occurs is within the first 6 months or so of contacting HepC and never 20+ years after the fact.  Just a few months ago I had all kinds of swelling in my gut and was about to be fast tracked for treatment, but blood tests kept coming back better and better till now undetectable..  I was bitten by a radioactive spider I guess.. Who knows what deal I made with the devil, but I'll take it.. Self healing of HepC.. Now this is strange.. 

Good news gramps!  Guess you are ornery enough to beat this.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2018, 03:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just got a call from the VA telling me the latest blood test for the virus that it's now completely undetectable in my system. The strange thing they told me is that about the only time this occurs is within the first 6 months or so of contacting HepC and never 20+ years after the fact.  Just a few months ago I had all kinds of swelling in my gut and was about to be fast tracked for treatment, but blood tests kept coming back better and better till now undetectable..  I was bitten by a radioactive spider I guess.. Who knows what deal I made with the devil, but I'll take it.. Self healing of HepC.. Now this is strange.. 

Get the fishing poles ready for those 4th qtr days when we are trailing. God kept you here because the bengals are going all the way this year and he didnt want you to miss that shit. Plus, you have a part to play in its fruition. 

Reply/Quote
I read something from John Hopkins hospital about self recovery from HepC and you pretty much need all the stars to align all at the same time. It's a very rare genetic trait from both parents and has to kick in at just the right time. .. Mine decided to wait until now for reasons I just don't know and neither does the VA..  I'm willing to let researchers draw blood from me if it'll help unlock the whole mystery.. Not that I enjoy having needles poked in me.. 

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2018, 08:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: I read something from John Hopkins hospital about self recovery from HepC and you pretty much need all the stars to align all at the same time. It's a very rare genetic trait from both parents and has to kick in at just the right time. .. Mine decided to wait until now for reasons I just don't know and neither does the VA..  I'm willing to let researchers draw blood from me if it'll help unlock the whole mystery.. Not that I enjoy having needles poked in me.. 

Whatever it is keep it going grampahol. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2018, 08:13 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Whatever it is keep it going grampahol. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

After that report from the dr he received, I think I would go get wasted, smoke a carton of cigs in a day and have unprotected sex like rabbits in a forest.

Yeah, your advice sounds better.

Reply/Quote