Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOF Snubs Continue
Well Anderson and Riley passed over again as the rich get richer. Drew Pearson goes in. Now Drew was solid and yes on all Decade Team but put this in perspective..

Pearson- 11 seasons... 489 Catches 7822 yards 16 yard avg and 48 TDS

Player B- 12 seasons 416 catches 7101 yards 17.1 53 TDs

Very similar stats but Player B has never made the Senior Finals List.... and that would be Isaac Curtis...

Just sad we continue to be passed over
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 12:09 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Anderson and Riley passed over again as the rich get richer.  Drew Pearson goes in.  Now Drew was solid and yes on all Decade Team but put this in perspective..

Pearson-  11 seasons... 489 Catches 7822  yards 16 yard avg and 48  TDS

Player B-  12 seasons  416 catches  7101 yards  17.1  53 TDs

Very similar stats but Player B has never made the Senior Finals List....  and that would be Isaac Curtis...

Just sad we continue to be passed over

Damn straight! Is really starting to piss me off. Pearson belongs, but so do a few of our guys.
Reply/Quote
Bengal fans need to flood the committee with emails, letters, and phone calls voicing their support for more Bengals to be recognized for their lifetime achievements. Just because we are a small fan base, does not mean we should be overlooked.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Damn shame. There should be at least 4 other Bengals in the Hall-of-Fame.

Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Isaac Curtis
Max Montoya

I have had several chances to visit the HOF. I refuse to go because of the injustice that has been done to my Bengal players who more than deserve to be included into that institution. Something isn't right with whomever is voting for inclusion. Maybe they have something against Mike Brown and the Bengal organization. Maybe we should protest with Bengals Players Stats Matter or something. Our own team don't really recognize the deserving players (no Ring-of-Honor or Wall-of-Plaques). The HOF is suppose to be based on individual stats and not team accomplishments but I'm finding that hard to believe. Over 50 years and only 1 player voted in is a travesty!
Reply/Quote
Until the team starts honoring their stars they have given the HOF reasons to do the same. The Cowboys and Steelers promote the hell out of their retired players.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Canton, being in Ohio and all, seems like Bengals fans could make it very uncomfortable for them to continue their snubs. Start ringing that area with billboards, etc. and make them uncomfortable in front of their tourists.
Reply/Quote
I heard on a podcast a few weeks ago, from a HOF voter that the process is very political and requires lobbying and pitches by teams to get their guys in. He said the Bengals organization does not participate in that process. I don't agree with that process, but it is what it is and the only people to blame at this point are the Browns and Blackburns.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Bengals don't seem to care, why should Canton? Munoz only got in because was in the argument as the best ever to play, period.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 11:23 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I heard on a podcast a few weeks ago, from a HOF voter that the process is very political and requires lobbying and pitches by teams to get their guys in. He said the Bengals organization does not participate in that process. I don't agree with that process, but it is what it is and the only people to blame at this point are the Browns and Blackburns.

They do have presenters for their players. They probably are just not the BEST presenters. Munoz should be presenting Montoya. Boomer should be presenting Anderson. The HOF Steelers DB that was mortified on Sirius when he realized he was in and Riley wasn't should be presenting Riley.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 07:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengal fans need to flood the committee with emails, letters, and phone calls voicing their support for more Bengals to be recognized for their lifetime achievements.  Just because we are a small fan base, does not mean we should be overlooked.

People with influence have been sadly has not moved the needle
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 09:18 AM)pally Wrote: Until the team starts honoring their stars they have given the HOF reasons to do the same.  The Cowboys and Steelers promote the hell out of their retired players.

Sorry that really has nothing or little to do  with it... when Munoz cant move the needle or the organization campaign few years ago for Anderson or articles on Riley a team HOF matters little.  Besides Pearson has been in Dalls HOF forever. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 09:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Canton, being in Ohio and all, seems like Bengals fans could make it very uncomfortable for them to continue their snubs. Start ringing that area with billboards, etc. and make them uncomfortable in front of their tourists.

except the voters don't live in Canton and only visit the HOF on induction weekend (if then)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 11:23 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I heard on a podcast a few weeks ago, from a HOF voter that the process is very political and requires lobbying and pitches by teams to get their guys in. He said the Bengals organization does not participate in that process. I don't agree with that process, but it is what it is and the only people to blame at this point are the Browns and Blackburns.

Nope that is not accurate,  I've seen outreach by Bengals and it is political that is the problem
Reply/Quote
A little stunned, as I thought for sure Riley was going in posthumously
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 12:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry that really has nothing or little to do  with it... when Munoz cant move the needle or the organization campaign few years ago for Anderson or articles on Riley a team HOF matters little.  Besides Pearson has been in Dalls HOF forever. 

But it could move the needle a bit.  An argument can be made that if the team hasn't found those guys good enough to enshrine on their own, they don't have enough merit to enshrine in Canton.  Meanwhile, if there were a team HOF with, say, 8 players enshrined, it would be a little easier to point out that the Bengals representation in Canton is lower than it should be.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 11:30 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: But it could move the needle a bit.  An argument can be made that if the team hasn't found those guys good enough to enshrine on their own, they don't have enough merit to enshrine in Canton.  Meanwhile, if there were a team HOF with, say, 8 players enshrined, it would be a little easier to point out that the Bengals representation in Canton is lower than it should be.

Sorry can;t buy it.. the committee is not going to stadiums , looking on websites to see if they are in some organization HOF.. besides players also play for multiple teams... 

As I stated before.. the HOF of the 70s is dominated by Dallas, Steelers, Oakland, Miami of the 70s sadly.. the Bengals had the 4th best record in the AFC of the 70s and we get zero in HOF so far
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 12:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry can;t buy it.. the committee is not going to stadiums , looking on websites to see if they are in some organization HOF.. besides players also play for multiple teams... 

As I stated before.. the HOF of the 70s is dominated by Dallas, Steelers, Oakland, Miami of the 70s sadly.. the Bengals had the 4th best record in the AFC of the 70s and we get zero in HOF so far

You are correct.  They are listening to presentations given with regard to the candidate.  And I guarantee you that being in a team HOF (or similar construct) is given as a credential in candidate presentations.  It was publicly mentioned over and over again with Drew Pearson in recent years how they would point to his statistical accomplishments, and state that his achievements landed him in the Cowboys Ring of Honor.
Reply/Quote
Team HOF has zero to do with selections to NFL HOF.

Pearson goes in mainly because he had 68 receptions and 1131 yards just in POSTSEASON games.  If you dn't believe me then start a conversation about Andy Dalton or Marvin Lewis and see how long it takes the phrase "regular season doesn't matter" to pop up.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 01:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You are correct.  They are listening to presentations given with regard to the candidate.  And I guarantee you that being in a team HOF (or similar construct) is given as a credential in candidate presentations.  It was publicly mentioned over and over again with Drew Pearson in recent years how they would point to his statistical accomplishments, and state that his achievements landed him in the Cowboys Ring of Honor.

Oh Yea.. lets run out and create a Bengal HOF.. so Anderson and Riley can get into the NFL HOF.. Come On Man...
Reply/Quote
Bogus any way you spin it. Whatever
Reply/Quote