Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HOF vote today
The HOF selection committee meets (virtually) today to select the class of 2022. Good luck to our own Big Willie Anderson, the best right tackle of his generation and one of the best ever. He deserves to be in the hall

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed.

Willie had said last week (or 2 weeks ago?) on Twitter, that he spoke with some of the reps who vote and thought it would be difficult.

Hoping for the best though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Bad news pally..If they don't elect you the board will have no other choice than to strip you of your honors. We'll have someone line you up, rip off your patches and insignias then snap your sword over their knee...then brand you with "prematurely promoted"  burned into your back..
I know..kind of rough, but rules are rules..   What?  Don't you guys ever watch old westerns? Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Man how awesome would that be seeing our best LT and best RT in Bengals history in the hall??
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:36 AM)Takedown Wrote: Man how awesome would that be seeing our best LT and best RT in Bengals history in the hall??

Almost as awesome as having our best LT and RT and CB and QB in there. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:36 AM)Takedown Wrote: Man how awesome would that be seeing our best LT and best RT in Bengals history in the hall??

Bengals have been snubbed more than any team in the history of the hall.. I stopped caring a long time ago.. It's just a hall of fame, not the hall of greatness. I think most players and even coaches are in because of name recognition far more than anything they ever accomplished as actual players..
The league has always recognized money making potential over actual play on the field and actual stats.
The pro bowl is really no different..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I badly want this for Willie and the entire organization, players past and present. More Bengals are deserving of HoF recognition than just Munoz.

Good luck Willie!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 10:59 AM)grampahol Wrote: Bad news pally..If they don't elect you the board will have no other choice than to strip you of your honors. We'll have someone line you up, rip off your patches and insignias then snap your sword over their knee...then brand you with "prematurely promoted"  burned into your back..
I know..kind of rough, but rules are rules..   What?  Don't you guys ever watch old westerns? Nervous

But the guy in the white hat always wins in the end...see I do watch old westerns! Smirk

Willie making his own case

Reply/Quote
LET PETE IN!!!!!

AND WILLIE!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:54 AM)pally Wrote: But the guy in the white hat always wins in the end...see I do watch old westerns! Smirk

Willie making his own case

You kind of make an unintentional great point..The white hats always won which is fake just like the HOF which is definitely not a hall of accomplishments.. There's always been a lot of famous people who never really accomplished a goddamned thing other than just being in the right place at the right time I guess..

Reply/Quote
Do we know what time the announcement will be made? I looked about but couldn't see anything. Figured NFL network might have a primetime special or something, but there's nothing in the channel guide.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:53 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I badly want this for Willie and the entire organization, players past and present. More Bengals are deserving of HoF recognition than just Munoz.

Good luck Willie!

This is exactly how I feel too!

Its beyond comprehension how more Bengals are not in the Hall.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Do we know what time the announcement will be made?   I looked about but couldn't see anything.  Figured NFL network might have a primetime special or something, but there's nothing in the channel guide.

Looks like results won't be revealed until February 10th NFL Honors show. 
Reply/Quote
Hope he gets in! Def one of the best tackles of his generation that's for sure.

But since he played for the Bengals, he prob won't get in this year.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I hope he does, but I doubt he gets in.

Playing for the Bengals doesn't do you any favors with the HOF selection committee.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 01:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Do we know what time the announcement will be made?   I looked about but couldn't see anything.  Figured NFL network might have a primetime special or something, but there's nothing in the channel guide.

Oh the public announcement won't be made until the NFL Honors show on Feb 10. The last couple of years, though, they have been showing early announcements, mainly to HOF electees who are in the media so who knows for sure. The honorees will know earlier since they go to everyone's homes to inform them

Reply/Quote
Maybe the Bengals breaking the 3 decade long drought will encourage the voters to do the right thing. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 04:44 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Maybe the Bengals breaking the 3 decade long drought will encourage the voters to do the right thing.  :)

Can't hurt.  And maybe Willie will get a few 'makeup votes' since they've totally ignored our other nominees in the past.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Almost as awesome as having our best LT and RT and CB and QB in there. Tiger

But Burrow's not eligible for the HOF yet  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Big Willie is the Man

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote