Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOLY &#*! that hurt!
First thing in the morning I'm trying to shoot the cat away from the bedroom door  because she's very vocal and will wake up the old lady. I had the door open just enough to see her ready to bolt into the room and I decided to kick the door to back her away, but...my index finger just happened to be in the door opening.  Damned! That brought me to my knees and the pain went on and on for a good solid half hour unrelenting.. It's better now, but holy mackeral!  All the fingers in my right hand were stinging as well even though they weren't in the door..
Moral of the story..my cat has no idea just how many lives she has left at this point and it ain't 9 anymore. The worst part is that I didn't really even kick the door that hard and wasn't wearing shoes..it nailed me right at the nail bed of my finger..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fun Fun, I have a porch to go tear down and rebuild with my son. I think I might just do my supervisory role today for the most part with a barely audible, "You missed a spot." at best. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's my belief that our cats are out to get me. Just sayin'.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Not physically painful but I also screwed myself over one time over a cat.

I was living in Boulder Colorado and the neighbors cat kept walking on my car and leaving muddy tracks all over it. One morning I step outside my house and see the cat on my car. I had my keys in my hand so it was just a reflex action to hurl them at the cat. I missed the cat and the keys went into a 3 foot snowbank. It took me a good 20 minutes of digging through snow with my hands to find them.
Reply/Quote
God I did something similar about 10 years ago. I pushed a door closed behind me and realized that I pushed it way too hard and it was going to slam. Reached behind myself to slow it down, but I was too slow and essentially just ended up slamming my index finger in the door, right on the nail. Was similarly brought to my knees LOL. Found it fascinating to watch the black spec of dried blood work its way up from the base of my nail all the way to the front over the next couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not physically painful but I also screwed myself over one time over a cat.

I was living in Boulder Colorado and the neighbors cat kept walking on my car and leaving muddy tracks all over it.  One morning I step outside my house and see the cat on my car.  I had my keys in my hand so it was just a reflex action to hurl them at the cat.  I missed the cat and the keys went into a 3 foot snowbank.  It took me a good 20 minutes of digging through snow with my hands to find them.

I woke up with a massive hangover one day and a kitten we had would not stop pestering me on the bed. So half awake I go to push her off me, ended up pushing her off the bed.

Well naturally kitten tries to hold on with her claws so she doesn't fall,  and ended up latching onto my hand. I could hear the skin tearing and it left a nice 3 inch scratch on my right hand that stung for the next 3 days.
Reply/Quote
When I was kid we had a stray cat and a kiddie pool. That's how I found out cats don't like water. In my youthful ignorance I attempted to toss the cat into the kiddie pool. For a split second frozen in time which seemed to last an eternity, the cat was suspended upside down in mid-air by its claws sunk deep into my flesh. It clawed it's way up my arm, over my shoulder, and down my back like a mountaineer climbing a sheer ice face with a couple ice axes and a pair of crampons Lesson learned.
Reply/Quote
I used the cat as a weapon against my oldest sister when I was just a little snot nose kid. My sister was all ready for her prom with her " sexy short skirt" and hose.. She slapped me for some reason or another and was going to do it again so I threw the cat directly at her leg and left a nice long bloody mess on both legs. She's probably forgotten all about that episode,  but not i.. I was the youngest and so the family punching bag. I had evil thoughts of getting even with maximum impact when I was little..
My other sister had given me a dish soap milk shake one day thinking it was funny,  but I knew she was going to do something absolutely forbidden by mom so when she did it the next day I ratted her out to mom knowing what was going to happen. She had gone about a mile from the house with some rotten girl a few houses down with stolen money from the girl's mother's purse.  I remember hearing my mom telling her specifically to not go with her, but she did anyway so......"MOMMMMMM! She went with [insert girl's name ] to (the place)!" That's when steam poured from mom's ears, the obligatory maple switch was torn from the tree and I got the young pleasure of watching mom beat my sister's ass every step of the way home..about a mile.. My sister never tried to run so fast in her entire life,  but mom could run faster and kept cutting her off delaying every inevitable swat from the switch. To this day I can feel that switch like it was hitting me and my sister never has forgiven me for ratting her out that day..that was back when mom's switch was the law and nobody ever questioned it's authority,  not even a supreme court justice.. You youngins are luckier than you'll ever know when it comes to the switch doctrine..Us old farts know all about the switch doctrine and it was brutal..
My siblings always underestimated my ability to get even right up until I did..  Maximum impact every single time..lol

Reply/Quote
i will never own a cat, i don't understand them. dogs, i understand.
Reply/Quote