Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTPG Amazing Stats on Burrow
(09-18-2022, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, Zac's fault. he should call for all those 1st quarter INTs

I posted a now 4 year problem, you posted a 1 game snark. Thanks for the contribution, Bfine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 04:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I posted a now 4 year problem, you posted a 1 game snark. Thanks for the contribution, Bfine.

Oh, I didn't know they were only considering Joe's stats for one game..

There is no "4 year problem", We are the defending AFC Champions
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I didn't know they were only considering Joe's stats for one game..

There is no "4 year problem", We are the defending AFC Champions

Good to know that being defending AFC Champions means a team has no problems. Wasn't aware.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 05:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good to know that being defending AFC Champions means a team has no problems. Wasn't aware.

I see that

Why wasn't the 1st Quarter poor QB play that has been going on for 4 years not the problem in Zac's first year here? Andy had a 81 rating in the 1st Quarter compared to a 68.1 3rd quarter and a 76.6 4th quarter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 02:21 PM)TheFan Wrote: Higgins was available for the 1st two drives. Last year we were terrible on thr first two drives regardless of Higgins playing or not. 

At this point it's definitely a trend and something that needs changing. I listened to that podcast as well and no other top QB is even close to being as bad as our offense is the first 2 drives of the game. 

Exactly.  And coupled with a defense that seemed to leave their balls at home the first half, this is a perfect storm to starting each game down two scores, which is exactly what happened the first two games this season.  

Screw this "figure out what they are doing and adjust" mentality and have a frigging game plan based on analysis and dictate to them what you are going to do.  

That was as pathetic a display of indifference as I have ever seen from a ZT coached Bengal team.  Great chance to even the entire division at 1-1 due to some epic collapses at Cleveland and Baltimore.  But no, you shyt the bed again against a frigging backup MAC QB.  Puke.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: First of all, I apologize for not having all the exact numbers, as I listened to it while mowing the lawn (Those noise cancelling earbuds are flipping amazing).

Jay Morrison had accumulated all the TDs and INTs for Burrow since he began his NFL career and broke them down in to "quarters".

By "quarters", I mean this:

First drive/Second drive is the first quarter

Third drive/Fourth drive is the second quarter

Fifth drive/Sixth drive is the third quarter

And, lastly, Seventh drive/Eighth drive is the fourth quarter

I was absolutely FLOORED at the statistics:  Since his NFL career began, Joe Burrow has ONE first "quarter" TD.  ONE.  It was to Chris Evans, I believe.  Something ridiculous like 8 INTs.  His completion rate and QB rating were also below average.  Of course, Joe's numbers really took off the second "quarter" and so on.  

Jay pointed out that his "peers", who were included in the same analysis, (Mahommes, Herbert, and Rogers) were almost completely backwards.  They all did much better in their early drives.  I know this includes Burrow's first year where he didn't have quite the weapons and he never really had much of a line, but ONE TD in the first two drives and poor competion % and QB Rating?

Jay was analyzing this as a bit of "I can figure you out" for Joe, which may be accurate.  However, I looked at it as the so-called "scripted plays" from Zac and Callahan as being quite poor.  Herbert, Mahommes, and Rogers have a play set that is executed and usually involves hitting guys that are schemed wide open.  I just don't see that from Zac and Callahan.

The Bengals need a quick start to get up on the Cowboys and put them away early.  I hope they get this poor start trend reversed.

Taylor ball. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:07 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just an addition - for your "first quarter" grouping, Joe has more pick sixes (99 yard pick six vs. Browns, week 9 2021; pick six this past Sunday) than he does passing touchdowns (24 yard touchdown pass to Chris Evans vs. Detroit, week 6, 2021). He has one passing TD and six INTs total, by my count. This lines up with my feeling that Cincinnati was always a slow starter and took off later in the game. 

See pick 6's should count as TDs right lol

Have not been able to figure out our slow starts.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, Zac's fault. he should call for all those 1st quarter INTs

Hes calling the plays in the situations that are leading to these bad plays correct?
Reply/Quote
Interesting stat. Coaching needs to get better for sure. I think they'll figure it out here soon. We are playing some amazing defensive lines, which makes it rough. The offensive line needs to improve as its hard to be successful when they are getting manhandled from the get go. With our skill players we just need to open more holes for Mixon and give Joe more time. The coaching needs to get better as far as coaching the lineman and scheming ways to protect burrow. Also, they need to attack more on offense. I see the defense attacking us every play. We need to be aggressive on offense and attack the defense's weaknesses. We can attack by scheming guys open for quick throws and by attacking the defense in the running game. We definitely need more shots up the seam. On passing plays we need two shallow routes on every play and two deep to intermediate routes. Burrow should have two dump off options on every play for quick slants or drag routes or what-have-you to get the receivers/backs going and get the drive started, even if Burrow has pressure in his face.

I think a major problem with this offense is the lack of 'drive starter' plays. The best teams have a lot of drive starter plays and from what I've seen the first couple weeks we haven't been able to scheme guys open for any drive starter plays. This definitely falls on the coaching. I would say the coaching and line play is what's holding us back so far. Yet, we could have won both games which goes to show you we are a good team.

Last year I thought we didn't do a good job of attacking a defense's weaknesses. We just play our game regardless of who we are playing. This is a flaw and we need to find other ways to win, based on how defenses are playing us.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: First of all, I apologize for not having all the exact numbers, as I listened to it while mowing the lawn (Those noise cancelling earbuds are flipping amazing).

Jay Morrison had accumulated all the TDs and INTs for Burrow since he began his NFL career and broke them down in to "quarters".

By "quarters", I mean this:

First drive/Second drive is the first quarter

Third drive/Fourth drive is the second quarter

Fifth drive/Sixth drive is the third quarter

And, lastly, Seventh drive/Eighth drive is the fourth quarter

I was absolutely FLOORED at the statistics:  Since his NFL career began, Joe Burrow has ONE first "quarter" TD.  ONE.  It was to Chris Evans, I believe.  Something ridiculous like 8 INTs.  His completion rate and QB rating were also below average.  Of course, Joe's numbers really took off the second "quarter" and so on.  

Jay pointed out that his "peers", who were included in the same analysis, (Mahommes, Herbert, and Rogers) were almost completely backwards.  They all did much better in their early drives.  I know this includes Burrow's first year where he didn't have quite the weapons and he never really had much of a line, but ONE TD in the first two drives and poor competion % and QB Rating?

Jay was analyzing this as a bit of "I can figure you out" for Joe, which may be accurate.  However, I looked at it as the so-called "scripted plays" from Zac and Callahan as being quite poor.  Herbert, Mahommes, and Rogers have a play set that is executed and usually involves hitting guys that are schemed wide open.  I just don't see that from Zac and Callahan.

The Bengals need a quick start to get up on the Cowboys and put them away early.  I hope they get this poor start trend reversed.

1 1st Quarter TD for Burrow in his NFL career. 1!
Reply/Quote