Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUE!
(10-12-2015, 07:58 AM)thegimp Wrote: I guarantee you that was not how the play was designed. No play is designed to let a defensive lineman  free at the point of attack. If you remember, that was one of the first plays that Winston came in for Smith, there was miscommunication and someone missed a block.  

No doubt, no one touched Bennett !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Biggest thing I've seen is that we've been punched in the mouth twice this season. Once when the Ravens took the lead on us late and also what happened yesterday.

We responded well both times. And I'm not only saying that because we scored. Even if our comebacks failed I feel like we never gave up
Reply/Quote
I'm putting most of the blame on Burkhead, he got tackled and fumbled in the process. Came in for one play and did that. I wonder how he felt after the game lol. I'm sure he's not blaming Hue. Don't you ever put me in that position again, coach! I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost lost the game because of YOU! Who are you to make me lose the game!!! lol
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hue has done great with all his goofy formations and such, but Dalton is the one changing the play at the line based on the defense, choosing the open receiver, not throwing many interceptions, spreading the ball around and utilizing his weapons to their fullest.

Dalton definitely deserves just as much credit as Hue, if not more.
Reply/Quote
A lot of people were yelling for dalton to hurry up in the gamethread when we were still down 10 and it was ticking, but you could hear and see he was constantly getting the protection set right - putting GIo in exactly the right spot for blocking and lining the WRs up. Dude is smart and can do his job well.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 04:28 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yup.

As much as I thought I'd never say it, Dalton is the central component of our success so far this season. Having Eifert back is helping, our RBs are pretty good, and we have a nasty pass rush; but it's Dalton's improved accuracy, awareness and confidence that's fueled us to 5-0.

I think it all starts with the personnel.  We have good players that we have drafted and developed.  It isn't a coincidence that an offense that was pretty good in 2013 got better this year when it returned to full health.  It also isn't a coincidence that we rediscovered our pass rush when Atkins got healthy and we got MJ back.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because he could do better than 5-0

....because eventually Marv will retire.....but read into it how you like.  In fact, didn't Marv say he would retire if we won it all just this offseason?

Also....I think Hue's dynamic shifts, alignments, and playcalling has more to do with 5-0 than Marv does.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:58 AM)thegimp Wrote: I guarantee you that was not how the play was designed. No play is designed to let a defensive lineman  free at the point of attack. If you remember, that was one of the first plays that Winston came in for Smith, there was miscommunication and someone missed a block.  

This. Right. Here.  Winston let someone smack Andy in the mouth on the short ball down the sideline that Sherman made a play on.....but of course that was Andy's fault too according to some armchair QBs sitting behind me.  Good thing there was a lady sitting beside them that knew who to watch line play and set them straight. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 03:06 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'd argue that Andy Dalton is a bigger reason why we are 5-0 just like I used to argue how Andy Dalton was the bigger reason why we've stunk in the playoffs. 

Marvin's the coach and a mediocre one but it's plain to see that this team goes where the QB takes us; Marvin more or less just goes along for the ride. It probably holds true for the majority of NFL teams. The QB is imperative to the success or failure of an NFL team.

Whether some people like to admit it or not, it is a quarterback driven league.  There have been times in the past that I have been critical of Dalton, and times that I have praised him.  He kept things together last year, even with the number of injuries.  This year though, the second year in Hue's system, he is playing like a different person.  From the way he is delivering the ball, to changing the plays, even to his mannerisms.  This has to be a credit to Hue Jackson.  He got in Andy's head, in a good way.

Marvin is 57 years old, and wealthy man at this point.  Super Bowl or not, you have to wonder how much longer he wants to do this (coaching is an extremely grueling profession that takes a huge tole on a person and his family).  If Hue can continue to have this level of success with Andy, there is no way the front office can let him go...
Reply/Quote
Hue and Andy both have this offense rolling and I am looking forward to seeing how they keep it rolling throughout the season and into the playoffs!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I think we all like Hue. I remember some in the old JN stating losing Gruden would be death for this offense. Hue has taken it to another level. An OC isn't just about "X"s and "O"s. He's about motivation. Getting players ready. Motivating players. I think Dalton "gets it" now, but that's in no small part Hue's doing, too.

Unfortunately, he won't be here next year. He'll get a HC gig somewhere. Hell....he may end up in Miami with a bunch of young players and a very high draft pick to work with.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:31 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Marvin says he will retire if the Bengals win a Super Bowl, so let's win one and Hue can be head coach!

Not what he meant, explained this numerous times.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:37 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If Hue can continue to have this level of success with Andy, there is no way the front office can let him go...

Yup. I feel like Hue could be to Dalton what Sean Payton is to Drew Brees. He's taken Andy and the entire offense to the next level. 

That's why I'd consider him over Marv. We need the fire and edge that Hue brings. Obviously this won't happen though.

It's almost a lock that Marv will be coaching this team in '16 with a new OC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With all this talk about how Andy has progressed, I think Hue deserves more props. He's done a masterful job so far this year of spreading the ball around, changing or ditching routes that often led to INT's, and balancing Gio & Hill. I know it's still early, but I'm already worried we might lose him. I'd hate for Andy to start over in a new system again, right after he really seemed to find his groove.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000555354/article/andy-dalton-has-bengals-playing-like-super-bowl-contenders

Andy is making HUE feel better

Quote:Coach, there's a lot of time left," Dalton told Jackson on the Cincinnati sideline. "We've got this. We're fine. We're gonna win this game. Let's go."

Andy to Hue when down 24-7
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With all this talk about how Andy has progressed, I think Hue deserves more props. He's done a masterful job so far this year of spreading the ball around, changing or ditching routes that often led to INT's, and balancing Gio & Hill. I know it's still early, but I'm already worried we might lose him. I'd hate for Andy to start over in a new system again, right after he really seemed to find his groove.

You don't have to worry about Hue anymore, there is no doubt he will be offered one of the head coaching opportunities after the season.

That's the problem when you do well, other teams steal away your coordinators.  Just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll win the SB, Marvin will retire into the sunset and we'll hire Hue as HC.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:43 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Seriously?  Burkhead fumbled.  It's Burkhead's fault.

The root cause of that fumble was a breakdown on the offensive line.  Bennett came through untouched.  Burkhead had no chance, didn't even see him coming, but to your point shouldn't have fumbled.

If the breakdown doesn't happen the fumble never occurs.  They let Bennett come through untouched on at least 3 different occasions.  For the life of me I don't know how this happens, he's one of the best D lineman they have.

Alexander must have been picking his nose watching film this past week because the o-line got abused quiet a bit yesterday.
Reply/Quote
The O is looking good, but the only complaint I have is how long it takes Hue to get the plays in. Often times you can see Andy giving him the hurry up sign and we've had to take an ill-timed T.O. more than once because of it.

I do think he will get another HC gig after this year and he should thank Mikey and Marvin, as no one would touch him after he threw the Raiders players and organization under the bus on his way out.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000555354/article/andy-dalton-has-bengals-playing-like-super-bowl-contenders

Andy is making HUE feel better

Andy to Hue when down 24-7

That's really good to see. They work well together. Hue has quite obviously helped Dalton, and Dalton has his coach's back.

Good stuff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's really good to see. They work well together. Hue has quite obviously helped Dalton, and Dalton has his coach's back.

Good stuff.

Good read, thanks Shake.

The odd couple that could !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The O is looking good, but the only complaint I have is how long it takes Hue to get the plays in. Often times you can see Andy giving him the hurry up sign and we've had to take an ill-timed T.O. more than once because of it.

I do think he will get another HC gig after this year and he should thank Mikey and Marvin, as no one would touch him after he threw the Raiders players and organization under the bus on his way out.

They haven't even SNIFFED .500 since he left.  Who threw who under the bus? Confused

Reply/Quote