Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haason Reddick
(03-15-2017, 03:45 PM)milksheikh Wrote: If Minter or Robinson are signed then there is a less of a need for drafting a linebacker in the first couple of rounds.

Rather go pass rusher or offense.

I honestly think that the team already has their starters in Vigil and Burfict and are basically looking to fill roles now.

I know the media keeps saying that we are going to draft Foster to pair with the other 2, but they don't really pay attention to how the Bengals run their defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 03:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I honestly think that the team already has their starters in Vigil and Burfict and are basically looking to fill roles now.

I know the media keeps saying that we are going to draft Foster to pair with the other 2, but they don't really pay attention to how the Bengals run their defense.

I think you're probably right, but passing on Foster would be tough. I don't even know that he'll be there, but he'd probably be the best defensive player on the board if he was. They could still do it if they wanted the best RB in this class. We've got issues at RB, especially with Rex gone. No real #3 guy. And we have the health issues of Gio and J.Hill. For next year, we should hope we're not in the position to try to draft a real franchise RB. But we are precisely in that position this year.  How many chances do you get to do that? Do they think Fournette's that guy? Mixon? 

Anyway, back to Reddick, would he be a serious candidate for our #9 pick? I still need to watch Voch's take on him.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 01:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't get your hopes up.  If there's one thing that free agency is telling me (and the previous drafts) is that the Bengals value linebackers very little.

Think about it - our starters are a 3rd round pick, an undrafted free agent and our backups are a bunch of guys that have been drafted later in the draft to fill specific roles (coverage etc.)

With our base being a nickel, I'm guessing the Bengals are hoping they can sign Minter or Robinson on the cheap and then draft a few guys in the 5--7 rounds.

Let's not forget that the Bengals spend nearly 70% of their time in nickel.  That means if Reddick is picked in Rd 1 (I don't see that happening, since it is highly unlikely they would use him at DE) then either Vigil or Burfict will be sitting in their nickel package.  

They could see Reddick as insurance for Burfict, but I simply don't believe they would invest such a high pick on that type of player.  It isn't that they value LBs very little, I mean they have drafted Spikes, Simmons, and Rivers in the first round, and more recently Dawson and Vigil in the third.  But I guess what I am saying is they are right not to be targeting the LB (at least I think they wouldn't be) in the early part of the first round.

If they traded back a couple time and accumulated picks, I could absolutely see them taking a guy like Reddick as BPA around 25, but some other team that doesn't have a Burfict is likely to overdraft him based on his combine.

I like him a lot, but I don't think he impacts this team as much as a WR like Ross...
Reply/Quote
Trade J. Hill, McCarron, and our 2nd Round Pick to the Saints for their pick at 11, take Fournette or Foster and Reddick.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 08:01 PM)Shady Wrote: Trade J. Hill, McCarron, and our 2nd Round Pick to the Saints for their pick at 11, take Fournette or Foster and Reddick.

i would bet the house they dont go fournette. His running style is very similar to hill. Mixon would fit our offense a lot better. We need the shiftier back that can still bruise up the middle. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 03:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: i would bet the house they dont go fournette. His running style is very similar to hill. Mixon would fit our offense a lot better. We need the shiftier back that can still bruise up the middle. 

Jeremy's running style did well for us until he decided he wanted to run like Gio instead of a power back. Plus, Fournette is just better, stronger, and faster than J. Hill. Unless he gets hurt, I think he's going to be a franchise RB in the NFL. If he's there at 9, I 'd take him. I don't know wtf the Bengals will do. Probably, like Lapham says, take a pass rusher. And in Bengals-Land that probably means DE, so Thomas or Barnett will be the pick. Neither one really thrills me, but I'm one who thinks our Offense is stagnant. We need another BIG weapon. 

That could be one of 5 players, maybe 6. I'm just not that high on Williams as a WR. 

I agree with you about Mixon. He might be a better RB than Fournette. Voch Lombardi certainly as me leaning that way. But we don't know if he'll be there in the 2nd Round. He won't last longer than that.

I'm not certain that OJ Howard wouldn't be the best option. #1 he's a great blocking TE. #2 he's a very tall, fast, and strong receiver with great hands. He'd improve our running game AND our passing attack. 

John Ross is another one. That kind of speed and athleticism combined with an ability to run strong routes and make catches is pretty freakish. How can you NOT think about taking this guy to put across from AJ?

Same with Corey Davis, though he's a different receiver just because of his size difference. Davis reminds me of AJ when I watch him run his routes. He just knows how to get separation and has better hands than Ross, though he's not as fast, which doesn't mean he's slow. He's just closer to this side of human compared to Ross with his 4.2 40 time or whatever it was. 

Dalvin Cook's name needs to be mentioned, but I'm not sure that our offensive brain-trust has the brains to know how to use him effectively. We seem to have a hard time getting our RBs mixed into the passing game. That's a big part of Cook's game. But Mixon is a crazy good pass catcher, too. I'd take Mixon over Cook, I think, but it's not because I think Cook is garbage. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 11:11 AM)Shady Wrote: Jeremy's running style did well for us until he decided he wanted to run like Gio instead of a power back. Plus, Fournette is just better, stronger, and faster than J. Hill. Unless he gets hurt, I think he's going to be a franchise RB in the NFL. If he's there at 9, I 'd take him. I don't know wtf the Bengals will do. Probably, like Lapham says, take a pass rusher. And in Bengals-Land that probably means DE, so Thomas or Barnett will be the pick. Neither one really thrills me, but I'm one who thinks our Offense is stagnant. We need another BIG weapon. 

That could be one of 5 players, maybe 6. I'm just not that high on Williams as a WR. 

I agree with you about Mixon. He might be a better RB than Fournette. Voch Lombardi certainly as me leaning that way. But we don't know if he'll be there in the 2nd Round. He won't last longer than that.

I'm not certain that OJ Howard wouldn't be the best option. #1 he's a great blocking TE. #2 he's a very tall, fast, and strong receiver with great hands. He'd improve our running game AND our passing attack. 

John Ross is another one. That kind of speed and athleticism combined with an ability to run strong routes and make catches is pretty freakish. How can you NOT think about taking this guy to put across from AJ?

Same with Corey Davis, though he's a different receiver just because of his size difference. Davis reminds me of AJ when I watch him run his routes. He just knows how to get separation and has better hands than Ross, though he's not as fast, which doesn't mean he's slow. He's just closer to this side of human compared to Ross with his 4.2 40 time or whatever it was. 

Dalvin Cook's name needs to be mentioned, but I'm not sure that our offensive brain-trust has the brains to know how to use him effectively. We seem to have a hard time getting our RBs mixed into the passing game. That's a big part of Cook's game. But Mixon is a crazy good pass catcher, too. I'd take Mixon over Cook, I think, but it's not because I think Cook is garbage. 
barnett is down to mid-late teens now. I think we wr, lattimore or hooker or trade back. Fournette just never impressed me. Mixon did. Hes got at minumun 8 one handed catches on the run which shocked me how good his hand are but hes got the agility of gio and the power if hill. Hes a mixture of tyler boyds hands, gios agility, and hills power. I know im higher on williams than most peoplw, but its just what i see. If he was gonna be double covered then i would be more worried about hia routes. But hes gonna be single covered for the first couple years at least while he learns better routes. Hell just go up and over 1 on 1 man coverage against number 2 corners. I think ross will never be on the field due to injury. As ive said davis and williams are neck and neck but i like williams just a hair more. Peple focused on his 40, keenan allen whose closest to williams in terms of playing style, ran a 4.75. Oj howard, while he improved at blocking, is nowhere near the level of jake butt in terms of blocking. This class is so deep at tight end we can get a first round player in the second anf the third in mixon and butt. Butt can block a de for extended period of time, howard cant. I would not take howard at 9. 
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately I think the minter signing drops lb out of first consideration. I would still strongly consider Reddick. He's just such an athletic freak. Him and burfict could present real nightmares for offenses to deal with. Plus it provides a nice insurance policy if burfict leaves.
Reply/Quote