Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had my 1st kid(Daughter) 8/31, any random ass tips for raising a little girl ?
(11-08-2022, 03:42 PM)Leon Wrote: i raised a son so dont have experince with a girl but as a parent i would just say raise them with good morals. respect for there elders. give the chores and responsibilities so they can value hard work an accomplishment an the benefits of earning stuff on there own. an keep God an his teachings in there hearts an how to give back to there communtiy. all those things will lead to the child growing up to be a good person with good values.

Amen to that man. All of it.
Best advice so far … well…. Next to the gun and shovel lol
Reply/Quote
Late to the party. Congrats and remember with girls you wipe front to back. LOL My daughter is 26 so I don’t remember a lot. It’s fun buying them clothes when they are little.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 03:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Amen to that man. All of it.
Best advice so far … well…. Next to the gun and shovel lol

thank you sir. i just wish more folks felt the same. im very concerned for the current state of how children are being raised
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 01:32 AM)Housh Wrote: Like not the conventional stuff. My friends and family are giving me plenty of the by them books info.

I’m talking stuff you only learn from having multiple kids. I never even held a baby before my daughter so that gives you a baseline idea of my prior knowledge.

Fire away

I’m doing fine now but my wife is admittedly doing 90% of the work.

Sorry, just saw this. Congrats, Housh!

Can't help with the tips... I have a boy. ;-)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 10:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Late to the party. Congrats and remember with girls you wipe front to back. LOL My daughter is 26 so I don’t remember a lot. It’s fun buying them clothes when they are little.

Dude she’s been getting poop right in her no no area and i just call my wife in

I want no parts of that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 11:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude she’s been getting poop right in her no no area and i just call my wife in

I want no parts of that

It can be a mess no doubt. Nothing you can do if they have a blowout. As gross as it can be, I changed a lot of diapers, but one time I had to change another kids poop diaper and almost threw up. It’s different if it isn’t your own kid.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 11:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude she’s been getting poop right in her no no area and i just call my wife in

I want no parts of that

Changing the diapers while you're at home would help get that 90% figure down a little bit. Even if it's 5% it would be a big 5% for the wife.  

And use having a kid as an excuse to watch Bluey. It's an amazing "kids" show on Disney. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 07:27 PM)Leon Wrote: thank you sir. i just wish more folks felt the same. im very concerned for the current state of how children are being raised

Was great advice Leon, well said. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Got damn did you all really have to give me the water works at 9:30 am at work on a Thursday?

I have a little girl who is 4. It's gone by so fast, and I love her so much. All of you talking about how you're going to miss the times when they are little got me like... Cry
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 11:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Got damn did you all really have to give me the water works at 9:30 am at work on a Thursday?

I have a little girl who is 4. It's gone by so fast, and I love her so much. All of you talking about how you're going to miss the times when they are little got me like...  Cry

So how are the tea parties and the magic princesses (yes, you too!) coming along?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:36 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Invest in this when she becomes a teenager and boys knock at your door...
[Image: 956eae3d399e1290ce31848902276bba.jpg]

Yes, and throw the shells at them when they first grace your threshold. Explain that they come out A LOT faster with heat behind em after curfew.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I want no parts of that

Me either, but my wife works nights, so I occasionally had to handle that on my own. You'll do what you gotta do for them my man. I have two daughters, one 12, the other 10. Trust the advice here, it goes by in a blink. I still think of all the funny experiences and good times with them when they were little. I find myself chuckling most everyday. There's nothing like having them run to you when you get home from work. Those days end quicker than you can imagine right now. Not that you still won't have fun, and they'll just ignore you, but the excitement level wanes when you grace the door the older they get. Cycle of life and all. 

It's a different fun now, they both play soccer, we get to do amusement parks, ball games, better movies, TV, trips out to shop, etc, which replace kiddie rides, trips to the playground, kids shows, etc. Cherish the days mi amigo!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 01:35 PM)Interceptor Wrote: So how are the tea parties and the magic princesses (yes, you too!) coming along?

.... and getting your nails done, hair styled, and for me...braids in your beard.LOL

Reply/Quote
My son was like raising a feral cat in a bathtub full of water, but my daughter on the other hand was EASY and had a way of making everyone laugh without even trying.
She had red hair and lots of freckles.. One day my step daughter's friend who also had lots of freckles was at the house..Out blurted came, "Hey! You have f*ckers on your face just like me."  We still tease her about that 35 years later..  Tongue  Kids..They sometimes mispronounce the greatest words.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 01:32 AM)Housh Wrote: Like not the conventional stuff. My friends and family are giving me plenty of the by them books info.

I’m talking stuff you only learn from having multiple kids. I never even held a baby before my daughter so that gives you a baseline idea of my prior knowledge.

Fire away

I’m doing fine now but my wife is admittedly doing 90% of the work.

Just remember...it's no longer about YOU. For some dads, that switch doesn't flip. But, it needs to. 

Also, she will judge all men by her father. Be the person you want her to associate with the phrase "he's a good man".

You got this. There's nothing better than being a parent. Even when it sucks.
Reply/Quote