Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Had my fill of Adam Jones
(12-25-2016, 03:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd bet money he's correct every time on who is supposed to be where in coverage.....losing Nelson has had a detrimental effect on this secondary, just like I said it would.

That was a huge loss.  Every time we beat the Steelers, for instance, he had a big part in it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:09 AM)McC Wrote: That was a huge loss.  Every time we beat the Steelers, for instance, he had a big part in it.

Linchpin of the defensive backfield removed.

Both Iloka and Williams look pretty bad this year.

I think both Nelson's departure and Hall's tackling abilities are sorely missed.

Those little plays turn into much more without them.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
His antics on the field need to stop. He is embarrassing himself and the team. His play has diminished a bunch in the past year. He needs to be demoted to nickel back and punt returner. It is time for Darquez to step up.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:27 AM)James Brooks Wrote: His antics on the field need to stop. He is embarrassing himself and the team. His play has diminished a bunch in the past year. He needs to be demoted to nickel back and punt returner. It is time for Darquez to step up.

He's not even a good punt returner anymore.

His overall play has become Adam Sandler.

Just bad comedy.  

Mix it with Williams and it's like Kevin James as a supporting role.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:22 AM)McC Wrote: I'm done with him.  Anybody else?

Yes, he complains every play and his antics are getting old, as Ive been saying since week 6 please let the young guys play.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:27 AM)James Brooks Wrote: His antics on the field need to stop. He is embarrassing himself and the team. His play has diminished a bunch in the past year. He needs to be demoted to nickel back and punt returner. It is time for Darquez to step up.
Actually, I don't want to see him return punts ever again.  That part of his game had disappeared.  As a PR, he sucks.  I don't know where it went but it is gone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:05 PM)McC Wrote: Actually, I don't want to see him return punts ever again.  That part of his game had disappeared.  As a PR, he sucks.  I don't know where it went but it is gone.

All athletes hit the metaphoric "cliff", in terms of reaching an age where their athleticism begins to wane.  Many seemed convinced that Jones was somehow preserved for his age, due to having a couple years where he was banned from the NFL.  I would surmise that there are several factors leading to Jones' drop in production this year;  Age, lower quality of coaching without Vance Joseph, weaker supporting cast of players with the loss of Nelson and Hall.  Those items, along with Dennard continuing to fail in emerging as a young star, and the freak injury to Jackson really put Jones under the microscope this year.  It's just a shame that he feels the need to also be demonstrative, and draw unnecessary attention to himself, on top of everything else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I DO get tired of him pointing around after ever completed pass like it was definitely somebody's fault other than his own. Not the best teammate this year from what I have seen on the field. Still a good player, but wouldn't mind moving on as well.

been done with him for 3 years.I have said on here many times that he needs to go.He cannot cover,he is too short,gets his ass beat a ton and loses his cool way too much and hurts the team because he is a punk.No other team would have put up with this dude,he is marvins baby boy. He has allowed a ton of TDS over the last three years,but yet they still play his ass.The guy they got from mich state,number 21 is a bust and cannot get on the field.

Marvin needs to go,its been way too long,and now the big question is.Who takes over.no one wants to work for the Brown family.He will likely promote the oc or the dc which will be business as usual.Our mighty team will NEVER win a superbowl with the brown family at the helm,its just a fact of life and it would not surprise me if the stoolers win it all.They just know how to get it done.They would never accept how our team is managed.Mike Tomlin is a hell of a coach and he gets it all out of his men and it takes that.I said in pre-season the stoolers would win the division and they will be going against the Pats for the super bowl and I would not be surprised if they win it all Again..I hate being in this division and I hate our coaches and the management of this team.SO EMBARRASSING,NO WONDER WE ARE SO HATED.ITS DESERVING.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All athletes hit the metaphoric "cliff", in terms of reaching an age where their athleticism begins to wane.  Many seemed convinced that Jones was somehow preserved for his age, due to having a couple years where he was banned from the NFL.  I would surmise that there are several factors leading to Jones' drop in production this year;  Age, lower quality of coaching without Vance Joseph, weaker supporting cast of players with the loss of Nelson and Hall.  Those items, along with Dennard continuing to fail in emerging as a young star, and the freak injury to Jackson really put Jones under the microscope this year.  It's just a shame that he feels the need to also be demonstrative, and draw unnecessary attention to himself, on top of everything else.

Yep,

I would not be hurt at all if Jones were released. He's more a part of the problem than he is the solution. 
Reply/Quote

He may be uber-frustrated with the lack of development of safeties and CBs by position coaches. I am pretty sure most anyone would be.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:28 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: been done with him for 3 years.I have said on here many times that he needs to go.He cannot cover,he is too short,gets his ass beat a ton and loses his cool way too much and hurts the team because he is a punk.No other team would have put up with this dude,he is marvins baby boy. He has allowed a ton of TDS over the last three years,but yet they still play his ass.The guy they got from mich state,number 21 is a bust and cannot get on the field.

Marvin needs to go, its been way too long and now the big question is who takes over. No one wants to work for the Brown family. He will likely promote the OC or the DC which will be business as usual. Our mighty team will NEVER win a super bowl with the Brown family at the helm. They likely don't want the hassle a SB would cause them. Its just a fact of life and it would not surprise me if the Stoolers win it all. They just know how to get it done. They would never accept how our team is managed. Mike Tomlin is a hell of a coach and he gets it all out of his men and it takes that. I said in pre-season the Stoolers would win the division and they will be going against the Pats for the super bowl and I would not be surprised if they win it all Again. I hate being in this division and I hate our coaches and the management of this team.SO EMBARRASSING,NO WONDER WE ARE SO HATED. ITS DESERVING.

I can't argue with you because you are right IMO.
Reply/Quote
Eh, Jones hasn't done anything too terribly bone-headed since he shoved someone after a play(think it was against the Pats?).  He's still probably the best cover corner on the team, especially in the red zone.  The team stands a better chance of winning with him than without pretty obviously, even if only in a short field rotational cb role.  The hissy fits at the refs are kind of annoying to watch, but it's whatever to me.  
Reply/Quote
Pacman was not just good last year. He was a top 5 CB in the entire league. He has dropped of some this year, but I still see him as a valuable part of our secondary. If we were winning no one would be complaining about his complaining.
Reply/Quote
I don't have an issue with Jones being on this team. He may not always have control of his emotions, but he's extremely football smart and absolutely fearless. His work ethic is beyond reproach. I think there's a place for him here even if his skills deteriorate a bit. He can always slide into the Leon Hall 3rd CB role when someone proves ready to take his spot on the outside. IIRC, he's done so in the past before Newman departed.

Plus, I don't want to see this team draft another first round corner. If Jones leaves and they can't bring back Dre, you know full well that the temptation will be strong. Screw that.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 07:04 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't have an issue with Jones being on this team.  He may not always have control of his emotions, but he's extremely football smart and absolutely fearless.  His work ethic is beyond reproach.  I think there's a place for him here even if his skills deteriorate a bit.  He can always slide into the Leon Hall 3rd CB role when someone proves ready to take his spot on the outside.   IIRC, he's done so in the past before Newman departed.

Plus, I don't want to see this team draft another first round corner.  If Jones leaves and they can't bring back Dre, you know full well that the temptation will be strong.  Screw that.
Eh...  not too much anymore.  I agree he's fearless.  Sometimes to the point of taking bad angles.

I think he rested on his laurels almost like Chad did...  then he lost it.

He shut down TP though so...  whatever. Mellow

Dre is a penalty machine, yet he has made visible plays for the team but still gets roasted.

Pacman on the other hand...  Blows some plays.  Commits penalties.  Misses tackles frequently.  Looks lost now on PR.

I do agree though that if DreK walks, they'd better hang onto Adam.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone get a final tally on how many penalties and penalty yards he accumulated this week? It basically GAVE the Texans a free touchdown that they wouldn't have earned, as they weren't moving the ball at all (punted 8 times!).
Reply/Quote
I'm more disappointed in Dre Kirkpatrick. At least Adam Jones can tackle in the open field.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pacman was not just good last year.  He was a top 5 CB in the entire league.  He has dropped of some this year, but I still see him as a valuable part of our secondary.  If we were winning no one would be complaining about his complaining.

Yeah all this "i have been sick of him for the last 3 years"  bs is by definition ignorant.  He has dropped off a little this year though, mostly in the beginning of 5he season it seems,  i still think he is better than most and am nowhere close to being sick of him. 
Reply/Quote
Then, maybe we can get a good trade for him. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I DO get tired of him pointing around after ever completed pass like it was definitely somebody's fault other than his own. Not the best teammate this year from what I have seen on the field. Still a good player, but wouldn't mind moving on as well.

Agreed. He's either pointing at a teammate or calling for pushing off. 

He plays to soft on coverage and bites on double moves. Teams are wise to it. 

Yes he plays with passion but gets out of control. What hurts this team is the big mistakes. Every game seem so on come down to errors on key plays and lack of discipline (I'm not talking only penalties but playing within yourself). 

The lack of accountability, especially for veterans is frustrating. Would be nice to see a few of the vets lose their place when playing poorly instead of being trotted out there play after play and then hearing ML make excuses for them. 

I could live with Jones bring shown the door. He's not a 7-8 mil per year CB. I think he only got that contract because Marvin Jones left. Had Marvin Jones signed there wouldn't have been money left for Adam 

I think you could use the money attached to Adam, Rey, Rey, Mike Johnson, Shawn Williams, Boling much better. 

Can't get rid of all of them but getting rid of a few vets might wake up the room. 
Reply/Quote