Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per rotoworld re Ragnow
This Center class reminds me a lot of 2009 when 3 Centers went in the first 50 picks (Mack, Wood, Unger) and all 3 turned out to be studs. Everybody has their favorite of the 3 (personally Daniels) but if we get any of the 3 I will be happy; as I do not see a huge falloff of any of the 3.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's bad news. It'll have to be Price at 46 then. We aren't going center at 21. It's going to be a pick at a premium position (OT, DE, CB, WR) and that just isn't center for this Front Office.

It'll be nice to get center out of the way (and a good one) so we can enjoy the rest of the draft without stressing about grabbing one. But I just don't see it happening at 21.

I agree tho. Hopefully it isn't Miller at 21.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 05:17 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora passes along that he "continues to hear" that Arkansas C/G Frank Ragnow is being viewed as the top center prospect in the class.
For much of the draft process, we've seen Ohio State's Billy Price and Iowa's James Daniels trumpeted as the top center prospects in this class. Ragnow (6'5/312) appears to be putting some heat on those two as we speed toward the draft proper, though. La Canfora is of the opinion that the Arkansas rock is not going to be on the board past the Bengals, who own the No. 21 pick in the first round. The Patriots (No. 23), Panthers (No. 24) and Falcons (No. 26) are among the teams who have shown interest in Ragnow through visits and workouts this spring, should he make it past Cincinnati.
Source: CBS Sports Apr 20 - 2:41 PM

Please!

I am starting to think more and more that it should be Ragnow.  There are a lot of teams that will say "we will wait until the 2nd to get our Center", like Chicago and others, but their second rounder is higher than ours.  Having the 5th year option on the guy would be huge, and would fill a void not addressed adequately since the retirement of one Richie Braham.   
Reply/Quote
Thoughts on Ragnow at 21 & at 46 Billy Price if he falls in the 2nd? Price only played one year at Center at OSU & could step in at RG pretty easily
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 12:10 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Thoughts on Ragnow at 21 & at 46 Billy Price if he falls in the 2nd? Price only played one year at Center at OSU & could step in at RG pretty easily

I like it, but think the more likely scenario is to flip Price to the 1st, Ragnow in the 2nd. 

Someone from Price's camp has been posting on an OSU board for years and thinks he doesn't fall past Minnesota who likes him at guard. Price was told post combine injury that his injury won't affect his draft spot.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am starting to think more and more that it should be Ragnow.  There are a lot of teams that will say "we will wait until the 2nd to get our Center", like Chicago and others, but their second rounder is higher than ours.  Having the 5th year option on the guy would be huge, and would fill a void not addressed adequately since the retirement of one Richie Braham.   

Draft position is like everything. We sit in perfect position in the first and a bad position in the 2nd to draft
one of the top 3 Centers. We just will have to hope Price falls or we will have to trade up to ensure we get
one of them. I will take the safe route.

Just let Frank draft his Center at 21, i bet it will be Ragnow or Wynn. Both are smart and versatile and
played in the SEC.

But Ragnow is more likely for us cause he has played Center for multiple years.

(04-22-2018, 12:10 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Thoughts on Ragnow at 21 & at 46 Billy Price if he falls in the 2nd? Price only played one year at Center at OSU & could step in at RG pretty easily

Ragnow and Price? I would be celebrating like a skunky drunk fish flopping around in my own pond of urine.

(04-22-2018, 01:20 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I like it, but think the more likely scenario is to flip Price to the 1st, Ragnow in the 2nd. 

Someone from Price's camp has been posting on an OSU board for years and thinks he doesn't fall past Minnesota who likes him at guard. Price was told post combine injury that his injury won't affect his draft spot.

Nope, not going to happen. Price is injured and if Hernandez falls to the Vikes which i think is very possible
they take him over the injured Price. Ragnow will not make it past the Bengals, Patriots, Panthers, Falcons
or Vikes. He is not injured and is a better Center and pass protector with more experience AND played in the
SEC. Seriously, don't understand how people are not connecting the dots here.

You want your 1st round pick to come in day one and make an impact. Ragnow would, Price would not.

And i love Price, great run blocker and very smart. He is just not as good of a pass protector as Ragnow and
Ragnow is just as smart and is a good run blocker to boot. Just a much more solid pick in all aspects in the
first round. Price will fall to the 2nd and hopefully to us if we take Wynn or Ragnow in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Draft position is like everything. We sit in perfect position in the first and a bad position in the 2nd to draft
one of the top 3 Centers. We just will have to hope Price falls or we will have to trade up to ensure we get
one of them. I will take the safe route.

Just let Frank draft his Center at 21, i bet it will be Ragnow or Wynn. Both are smart and versatile and
played in the SEC.

But Ragnow is more likely for us cause he has played Center for multiple years.

Ragnow and Price? I would be celebrating like a skunky drunk fish flopping around in my own pond of urine.

Nope, not going to happen. Price is injured and if Hernandez falls to the Vikes which i think is very possible
they take him over the injured Price. Ragnow will not make it past the Bengals, Patriots, Panthers, Falcons
or Vikes. He is not injured and is a better Center and pass protector with more experience AND played in the
SEC. Seriously, don't understand how people are not connecting the dots here.

You want your 1st round pick to come in day one and make an impact. Ragnow would, Price would not.

And i love Price, great run blocker and very smart. He is just not as good of a pass protector as Ragnow and
Ragnow is just as smart and is a good run blocker to boot. Just a much more solid pick in all aspects in the
first round. Price will fall to the 2nd and hopefully to us if we take Wynn or Ragnow in the first.

Bwahahahaa....The fear I have about Price is the injury.  Even if supposedly healed 100%, how much was he able to work to keep his strength during the recovery?  We need a center that can step in and be a solid force from day 1.   That's Ragnow.  Price in addition in the second doesn't make a lot of sense to me as we have Westerman, Boling, Redmond, and Hopkins (who stinks) already and I think Westerman will win the RG spot going away.  Boling to LT, Westerman to LG, and Redmond as RG is the backup plan should Glenn be injured at any point.  

I think much bigger impacts could be found in Rd 2 (trading up?) at the DE and LB position.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 04:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bwahahahaa....The fear I have about Price is the injury.  Even if supposedly healed 100%, how much was he able to work to keep his strength during the recovery?  We need a center that can step in and be a solid force from day 1.   That's Ragnow.  Price in addition in the second doesn't make a lot of sense to me as we have Westerman, Boling, Redmond, and Hopkins (who stinks) already and I think Westerman will win the RG spot going away.  Boling to LT, Westerman to LG, and Redmond as RG is the backup plan should Glenn be injured at any point.  

I think much bigger impacts could be found in Rd 2 (trading up?) at the DE and LB position.  

True and the people ignoring Price's injury befuddle me. Mellow

Lorenzo Carter sure is looking like a definate possibility in the 2nd after Ragnow.

Then we can go with Orlando, Okorafor, Crosby, Cappa, Jimarco Jones etc later.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True and the people ignoring Price's injury befuddle me. Mellow

Lorenzo Carter sure is looking like a definate possibility in the 2nd after Ragnow.

Crazy timing on this, but saw it and figured I'd post it here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/billy-price-says-he-has-full-range-of-motion-after-partially-torn-pec/

I had the same injury and based on him already doing any sort of full range benching (no matter the weight) is impressive.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 03:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Crazy timing on this, but saw it and figured I'd post it here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/billy-price-says-he-has-full-range-of-motion-after-partially-torn-pec/

I had the same injury and based on him already doing any sort of full range benching (no matter the weight) is impressive.

Good news, and don't get me wrong i would love Price in the 2nd if we don't get Ragnow in the first.

Just think if one will fall it will be Price, teams need a Center that can participate in OTA's right away.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True and the people ignoring Price's injury befuddle me. Mellow

Sounds like a plan...as long as we get my guy Shaquem Griffin in there somewhere.   ThumbsUp

Everyone says I want him or they don't want him because of his lack of one hand, but I watched that guy more than any other college player last year and he is an absolute ball-magnet.  He keeps his legs driving (something an alarming number of NFL players do not do) when he tackles, is fast and instinctual.  And for anyone that says he isn't big enough needs to remember the player that Odell Thurman was his rookie year at MIKE.  They are the same size.  I love his play and his attitude.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sounds like a plan...as long as we get my guy Shaquem Griffin in there somewhere.   ThumbsUp

Everyone says I want him or they don't want him because of his lack of one hand, but I watched that guy more than any other college player last year and he is an absolute ball-magnet.  He keeps his legs driving (something an alarming number of NFL players do not do) when he tackles, is fast and instinctual.  And for anyone that says he isn't big enough needs to remember the player that Odell Thurman was his rookie year at MIKE.  They are the same size.  I love his play and his attitude.  

Agreed, really want Shaq Griffin in there somewhere as well. He is just a great football player with incredible instincts
and athleticism. He honestly can do it all, even catch with only one hand. I think he would inspire the entire Defense
to always play their asses off.

I know he doesn't like to be called the one handed Linebacker but he knows no matter how good he is that is always
what he will be called sadly. But he will also be a stud in the NFL i am sure and i hope he is in stripes same as you.
Reply/Quote
"Give me Price or give me death!' I don't care if it's the 1st or 2nd but I want Price. Billy Price, come on down! The Price is Right!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, really want Shaq Griffin in there somewhere as well. He is just a great football player with incredible instincts
and athleticism. He honestly can do it all, even catch with only one hand. I think he would inspire the entire Defense
to always play their asses off.

I know he doesn't like to be called the one handed Linebacker but he knows no matter how good he is that is always
what he will be called sadly. But he will also be a stud in the NFL i am sure and i hope he is in stripes same as you.

I will just call him "Griffin" and hopefully I will be calling him a Bengal.  I think his twin brother's success in Seattle as a rookie bodes well for him, although he is 25 lbs lighter and plays safety.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:44 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: "Give me Price or give me death!' I don't care if it's the 1st or 2nd but I want Price. Billy Price, come on down! The Price is Right!

Lol, i want Price too if we don't get Ragnow first. I still want a Center that is ready to go right away in OTA's.

And Ragnow is just as good as Price in everything but run blocking, and Ragnow is a better pass protector than Price.

Just give me one of these guys and i am a happy man.

(04-24-2018, 02:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will just call him "Griffin" and hopefully I will be calling him a Bengal.  I think his twin brother's success in Seattle as a rookie bodes well for him, although he is 25 lbs lighter and plays safety.

Same, his brother is proven and might not be the playmaker Shaqueem is honestly.

Has even more drive than his twin bro.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, i want Price too if we don't get Ragnow first. I still want a Center that is ready to go right away in OTA's.

And Ragnow is just as good as Price in everything but run blocking, and Ragnow is a better pass protector than Price.

Just give me one of these guys and i am a happy man.

Same, his brother is proven and might not be the playmaker Shaqueem is honestly.

Has even more drive than his twin bro.

Can you imagine a center that becomes a perennial All-Pro for the next 7-8 years?  Drooling...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:44 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: "Give me Price or give me death!' I don't care if it's the 1st or 2nd but I want Price. Billy Price, come on down! The Price is Right!

The Price is Right, for sure.  But Lapham has Frank the Tank keeping him at arm's length.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 05:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Can you imagine a center that becomes a perennial All-Pro for the next 7-8 years?  Drooling...

Man, i am getting excited. Been wanting a stud Center for 10 years. Might be setting up just right.

Drooling is right, slobbering. Smirk

(04-24-2018, 05:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Price is Right, for sure.  But Lapham has Frank the Tank keeping him at arm's length.  Ninja

Haha, reminds me of when the big brother just holds onto the little bros head while he is swinging away. Hilarious

Good ninja Sunset. Ninja I like.
Reply/Quote