Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had to return just to post this.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-planning-to-trade-up-for-quarterback-or-acquire-jimmy-garoppolo-after-draft-pick-swaps-per-report/

After the San Fran trade, people have said that it would be nearly impossible for the Bengals to trade out now.

Well, apparently, not that impossible after all.

With the amount of picks the Dolphins got from San Fran, the Bengals absolutely need to be listening to the Pats if they come calling for 5, which would be the most logical place.

1) Lawrence is a lock at 1.

2) Jets going QB here it appears since they didn't trade with San Fran.

3) San Fran takes Lance?

4) Pitts to the Falcons is the hype currently.

5) Leaves Fields at 5 and a chance to really get so much needed draft capital.

Be it team Chase or Team Sewell, both sides should be smart enough to see 1 draft and 8 picks can't possibly fix every hole this team has. Moving down with the Pats and getting their 1st, 3rd and a future 1st rounder or perhaps 2 like the Dolphins?

That gives so much flexibility to really improve the roster.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Patriots don't have the draft capital to make me want to trade with them.

At 15 you're SoL if you want a blue chip player, they will be gone. Where the Bengals are at right now, they are guaranteed their choice of 2 from a LT, WR, and TE all of whom are top-5 non-QB players in the draft. If they trade down to 15 they are all gone. Even Slater and Smith are probably gone and quite possibly Waddle as well by 15. So you'd have the 3rd OL or 4th WR to choose from.

Plus any future picks you get from them aren't going to ever be early picks. With a starting QB who threw 8 TD/10 INT, they still managed a 7-9 season. So likely any picks you get from them are going to be 20th+ in that round. The Patriots only 3rd round pick is a 3rd round comp pick, so the 33rd pick of the 3rd round.

Just an overall hard no thanks on that move.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals added plenty of potential improvements through free agency. That tells me they arent going to all of a sudden
Try to acquire extra draft picks.
Maybe they move down a couple spots and acquire a extra 2nd RD Pick at the most.
Reply/Quote
The Bears might want to, but that'd take a boatload of picks.

I wonder if the Dolphins would offer anything to swap 5 for 6 and get who they want. Would it be worth it? 

If the Jets take Sewell at 2, then I think that you do entertain a trade down. Pitts and Chase would be nice, but one injury can't derail a king's ransom worth of picks. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 02:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-planning-to-trade-up-for-quarterback-or-acquire-jimmy-garoppolo-after-draft-pick-swaps-per-report/

After the San Fran trade, people have said that it would be nearly impossible for the Bengals to trade out now.

With the amount of picks the Dolphins got from San Fran, the Bengals absolutely need to be listening to the Pats if they come calling for 5, which would be the most logical place.

3) San Fran takes Lance?

Be it team Chase or Team Sewell, both sides should be smart enough to see 1 draft and 8 picks can't possibly fix every hole this team has. Moving down with the Pats and getting their 1st, 3rd and a future 1st rounder or perhaps 2 like the Dolphins?

a
Most likely trade for a QB that we might consider is two spots back with Carolina... 
Reply/Quote
Who else in the draft has enough to move to 5? I don’t think anyone does. Future picks seem weirdly not worth it.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 10:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: a
Most likely trade for a QB that we might consider is two spots back with Carolina... 

If we can get a 2nd out of this move, it would be great. If Chase, Pitts, or Sewell are the targets still going to get one of them in this deal.

(03-28-2021, 10:05 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Who else in the draft has enough to move to 5? I don’t think anyone does. Future picks seem weirdly not worth it.

Denver is another team that is rumored to want to get a new QB. 

Not a horrible drop back to them.

Reply/Quote
If menver wanted our 5 it would take 1,2 and 4. I’d be ok with that I think
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 02:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-planning-to-trade-up-for-quarterback-or-acquire-jimmy-garoppolo-after-draft-pick-swaps-per-report/

3) San Fran takes Lance?

Nice thread, but I still stay and take Sewell, Pitts or Chase.

Sorry, not much to add lol....
Reply/Quote
You returned? Like you came home from vacation early, because you had a revelation about the Bengals draft, and you just had to air it? LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 11:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You returned?  Like you came home from vacation early, because you had a revelation about the Bengals draft, and you just had to air it?  LOL

Had taken a break from posting lol.

Reply/Quote
Take a play out of Miami's playbook

NE trade: pick 5 for pick 15, pick 46, G Shaq Mason, and a 2022 1st round pick
then trade with Dallas for pick 10 with picks 15 and 69 and grab one of Pitts, Slater, Sewell, Waddle or Chase
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 09:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals added plenty of potential improvements through free agency. That tells me they arent going to all of a sudden
Try to acquire extra draft picks.
Maybe they move down a couple spots and acquire a extra 2nd RD  Pick at the most.

If we really want to turn the team around in the next few years getting extra draft picks when the trenches are loaded wouldnt be the worst idea
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 11:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You returned?  Like you came home from vacation early, because you had a revelation about the Bengals draft, and you just had to air it?  LOL

(03-28-2021, 11:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Had taken a break from posting lol.

Was wondering about that myself.   Tongue

Welcome back I guess.   Cool
Reply/Quote
Carolina really is the fit. 5 to 8 gives us an extra day 2 pick and still a lot of options on the board depending on who comes off at 4.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I would do it depending on what you get in return if you can get two future first RD picks + a 3rd in return I would absolutely do it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote