Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had to watch on my phone...... questions
So while it was better than nothing, I couldn't really see who was on the lines. Did Larry O come back into the game? I didn't hear an update on him after he got hurt. Did BJ Hill play, I did not hear him mentioned? Why did we have "Runny Scrambled Legs" kicking in the first half instead of "Legs Benedict" who was money in the 2nd.

Man, you could tell from the start this defense was worn down, they were not running to the ball like they usually do, they were making hits but not tackles, and from what I could see there was no pass rush from the interior, which has been killing other teams. The NFL did us no favors scheduling a Thursday Night Game right after what they knew would be one of the most physical games we play, and I don't believe for a minute they didn't know it when they did it. I'm actually surprised we got it at home. Thursday Night Games should be played by teams coming off their bye week.

I love this team, and you can tell these players are really close with one another. While I am sure there are some egos, there are no Divas on this team and they play for each other and the fans. There's no finger pointing when things go wrong. This may be one of my favorite Bengals teams ever. We are so blessed to have Joey B. It all starts with him.

And I am so glad Lou is proving me right about him. Hell of a good halftime adjustment. Waynes now has his first game under his belt and did pretty good except for the one play. We get Bates and Awuzie back, and look out..... this defense will go to top 5.

And Logan Wilson....... Pro Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Yes Larry O came back to play after initially being listed as questionable. The only known injury of concern is Joe Mixon with a “minor” sprained ankle at the end of the game.

Who knows why McPherson missed that first kick…maybe nighttime lighting, maybe prime time excitement. He came through at the end.

Thursday night games are a pain but at least for the. Bengals it is only once a year. Almost always they come after a home road trip and a visitor home game. Look on the bright side, it came after one of the shortest trips of the year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So while it was better than nothing, I couldn't really see who was on the lines. Did Larry O come back into the game? I didn't hear an update on him after he got hurt.  Did BJ Hill play, I did not hear him mentioned? Why did we have "Runny Scrambled Legs" kicking in the first half instead of "Legs Benedict" who was money in the 2nd.

Man, you could tell from the start this defense was worn down, they were not running to the ball like they usually do, they were making hits but not tackles, and from what I could see there was no pass rush from the interior, which has been killing other teams.  The NFL did us no favors scheduling a Thursday Night Game right after what they knew would be one of the most physical games we play, and I don't believe for a minute they didn't know it when they did it. I'm actually surprised we got it at home. Thursday Night Games should be played by teams coming off their bye week.

I love this team, and you can tell these players are really close with one another. While I am sure there are some egos, there are no Divas on this team and they play for each other and the fans. There's no finger pointing when things go wrong. This may be one of my favorite Bengals teams ever. We are so blessed to have Joey B. It all starts with him.

And I am so glad Lou is proving me right about him. Hell of a good halftime adjustment. Waynes now has his first game under his belt and did pretty good except for the one play. We get Bates and Awuzie back, and look out..... this defense will go to top 5.

And Logan Wilson....... Pro Bowl.

Ok, I will share what I saw, in order:

McPherson (wow, did I run out of nicknames?) did a fantastic job avoiding that dangerous return man, kicking the ball deep and away from him.  He did manage to get one, and got it to the 30 yard line.  I will say this:  when that guy got a head of steam, I thought he was actually going to outrun the coverage down the sideline with about 1" of sideline to navigate.  Dude has some SERIOUS wheels.  

As far as the kick that was missed goes, I couldn't tell from my angle if he hooked it or it was just left from the get-go.  But, McMoney was money when it really mattered and if he was going to miss one, I am glad it is out of the way.

BJ Hill. and just about every DT was getting handled by the Jag's interior offensive line.  And I mean HANDLED.  Maybe they were fatigued from all the snaps at pitt, but they were not getting a push in pass rush and they were not getting off blocks in the run game.  The LBs, though, were lights out.  Wilson made an AMAZING play on a screen that would have gone for 15+ yards like it did in the first half and held it to about 4 yards. 
ADG and Pratt were excellent as well.  It is SO encouraging to see this young LB corps play so well.  

Hendrickson and Hubbard were held a lot (not flagged, of course) and were constantly providing pressure.  Hendrickson had a great sack (almost stripped the ball as well) of the long-faced freak but it was overturned for a holding penalty on Bell.

Burrow was incredible.  Offensive line did a solid job in pass blocking and he was just flat on the money last night.  Didn't force anything bad, but made GREAT throws all night.  Very cool that the nation saw that, at least. 

You are dead on about Lou.  I can imagine that he told his guys to think run first from this one spread formation.  They gashed the Bengals in the first half with it as the LBs were retreating in coverage.  When they sat on the run, it changed the game.  Jax only scored 7 points in the 2nd half.  

I love this team, too.  Logan Wilson is an absolute Pro Bowl talent.  He got credited with the lone sack as he forced Butthead to run out of bounds short of the LOS.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 08:56 AM)pally Wrote: Yes Larry O came back to play after initially being listed as questionable.  The only known injury of concern is Joe Mixon with a “minor” sprained ankle at the end of the game.  

Who knows why McPherson missed that first kick…maybe nighttime lighting, maybe prime time excitement.  He came through at the end.

Thursday night games are a pain but at least for the. Bengals it is only once a year.  Almost always they come after a home road trip and a visitor home game.  Look on the bright side, it came after one of the shortest trips of the year

Good point, and they had the game in the bag early in the 3rd so they just had to grind it out.  The defense did take WAY more snaps at piggsburgh than the offense, though, and that might explain the flat DTs we saw last night.

Perfect time for the mini-bye.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point, and they had the game in the bag early in the 3rd so they just had to grind it out.  The defense did take WAY more snaps at piggsburgh than the offense, though, and that might explain the flat DTs we saw last night.

Perfect time for the mini-bye.

That's what I'm thinking too, get everyone healthy the steamroll the Pack. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 08:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why did we have "Runny Scrambled Legs" kicking in the first half instead of "Legs Benedict" who was money in the 2nd.

I'll have you know, McPherson missed that first kick specifically because of the stupid "Legs Benedict" nickname.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:34 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'll have you know, McPherson missed that first kick specifically because of the stupid "Legs Benedict" nickname.  Whatever

[Image: 400px-Traditional_Eggs_Benedict.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hendrickson and Hubbard were held a lot (not flagged, of course) and were constantly providing pressure.  Hendrickson had a great sack (almost stripped the ball as well) of the long-faced freak but it was overturned for a holding penalty on Bell.

I specifically remember Hubbard getting spun around by the left shoulder pad on the long pass to Shennault against Waynes.  He had a line on Lawrence, and the offensive linemen grabbed him inside the collar, right out in the open, and spun him away from him.
Reply/Quote
Seating .in.section 315 row 30 I able to see the everything
Materialize. The dline to start was coming out
Of the stances high so the Jags olineman
Were winning the pad level game.
Hubbard were pinching down
Inside and getting killed on the run option
Stuff. But as the game progressed the dline
Was starting to win the LOS battles.

The LBers did a nice job last night
Of coming downhill and stopping Robinson
Lawrence was really getting the ball out of
His hands within 2.6 seconds.
Every pass was within.the 6 to 8 yd range
Except that deep one in 1st half.

Offensively they hit a nice rhythm in the 2nd half
Taylor finally realized how dangerous a TE can be
Kudos to our oline for giving JB time to set up and read
Reply/Quote
I will say this. I do not like dinky-dunky pass routes that don't go beyond the LOS on 3rd and short. I hate them. GET BEYOND THE FIRST DOWN MARKER PLEASE! Shallow crosses and bubble screens suck. I'd much rather see a curl route or a slant. Or a good old fashioned TE that sits down in the zone right behind the LBers.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:17 AM)Earendil Wrote: I specifically remember Hubbard getting spun around by the left shoulder pad on the long pass to Shennault against Waynes.  He had a line on Lawrence, and the offensive linemen grabbed him inside the collar, right out in the open, and spun him away from him.

Yep. That same dumbass threw a block in the back penalty on a big punt return, and ignored the blatant PI against Chase.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:50 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I will say this.  I do not like dinky-dunky pass routes that don't go beyond the LOS on 3rd and short.  I hate them.  GET BEYOND THE FIRST DOWN MARKER PLEASE!  Shallow crosses and bubble screens suck.  I'd much rather see a curl route or a slant.  Or a good old fashioned TE that sits down in the zone right behind the LBers.

I do not like them at all. I know we got to use them to make the D defend the whole field but we use them way to often. We got a great QB that can throw intermediate and long balls good. Lets not waste 10 att on 1 yard throws.
Reply/Quote