Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haha watch this video
(11-02-2017, 06:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: latest?cb=20150201114959]

Seriously though...we could probably use more guys like that in Cincy media. Mike Brown is a joke of an owner and should be called out more often.

When I lived around Cincy (moved away in 2011), I always noticed how soft the local media is on the Bengals.

(11-03-2017, 09:05 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed on them being softer towards the Bengals. However, I feel like they're forced to be nice. I remember someone was critical of the team and his press credential was pulled. He wrote about it, and then he got it back with the team citing a miscommunication. That was the only mention. If the Bengals pulled credentials on the press, it won't make a blip on the national radar. Brad Johansen was trying to find out how long Marvin's extension was during the infamous press conference. He was suddenly removed from the radio broadcasts. Not a blip on the radar. So softball questions are lobbed so there's some kind of coverage of the team.
Plus, would anyone expect Mike or Marvin to actually answer any hardball questions? They would brush them off and/or giggle to something else.

(11-03-2017, 01:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm with you 100%. I've always felt like the Bengals bully the local press and that's why the coverage is soft and there are no pieces that rip them. No hard questions are asked. 

Could you imagine the Bengals (and the Brown family) in New York, Chicago or Houston?

I don't think they're soft on them at all. They bash them plenty when they deserve it. Hell, they were making up disparaging nicknames for the players a few weeks ago. They're rational, normal guys, with good perspectives and senses of humor. Not knee jerk reactors.

Mo was talking about how only twice he was alerted from the Bengals about inappropriate things he said - and when he revealed them they weren't actually critiques of the team, but actual inappropriate sexually charged remarks about Marvin & Mike. Nobody took his credentials away or reprimanded him. Everything else he's ever said was left alone by the Bengals.

This "The Bengals media is soft" being said by someone who doesn't listen or have regular access to Cincy media isn't really fair.

As far as your "And?" comment goes... If someone is butt hurt because the Cincy sports market rejected him and it causes him to lash out in angst against the city's sports teams whenever he can, why would people give the opinion of that writer/columnist any weight? becasue it fits their narrative of Mike Brown sucks? Pssssh.
Reply/Quote
come on guys this game could have ended 0-3 in overtime lol.... Think about it for a moment on how fun that would be to watch
Reply/Quote