Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hailey Fired also
Browns are cleaning house again
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
#justbrownsthings LOL

I'm actually surprised at this. Cleaning out all of the offensive brain trust that just drafted a QB number one is an odd move.

Browns screwed up by holding onto Jackson after knowing they would probably draft a QB #1. Dorsey should have been allowed to bring in one of his guys and be given some leeway. Jackson deserved no more leeway after going 1-31 or whatever.
Reply/Quote
What. A. Mess.

This is why I think Browns fans are the best in the NFL. Despite the dumpster fire shit show that is Browns ownership, they continue to fill that stadium week in week out, year in year out. Heinz would be empty if the Steelers organization acted the same way.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:39 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: What. A. Mess.

This is why I think Browns fans are the best in the NFL. Despite the dumpster fire shit show that is Browns ownership, they continue to fill that stadium week in week out, year in year out. Heinz would be empty if the Steelers organization acted the same way.

I second that and as an old Browns fan the loyalty is unreal. I lived in Cincy and did not switch until Browns left for Baltimore.

Bengals fans are whining bout our 5-3 record, go figure.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:39 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: What. A. Mess.

Best or dumbest? I don’t pay any money to the Bengals anymore. I’m not sure why sports is the one business where people feel obligated to support a sub par business. I did it for years, then thought what the hell am I doing? I’ll watch them and cheer for them, but they won’t get any more of my money until I’m convinced winning is their #1 goal.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Best or dumbest?  I don’t pay any money to the Bengals anymore.  I’m not sure why sports is the one business where people feel obligated to support a sub par business. I did it for years, then thought what the hell am I doing?  I’ll watch them and cheer for them, but they won’t get any more of my money until I’m convinced winning is their #1 goal.

I guess there's a fine line....
Kind of like the line between genius and madman.
IDK?

Im the same way with the Pirates. I quit paying attention to them around '04 when it was obvious to me that ownership didn't give a shit about winning, only how much they made. I swore them off and never looked back. Since they traded McCutcheon, I honestly couldn't name one single player on their team. 

Now I only go to games when there's an event and tickets are usually free. My wife works for one of the local healthcare giants, and there maybe one freebee a season in their private box. When I go, I won't buy anything in the stadium and I actively root for whoever they are playing that night. I wear a Forbes Field T-shirt when I go, and even bought a Yankees just for those occasions. 

The only two time that I've paid for tickets since '04 was once with the church when my wife signed us up for a family night (I was pissed and reluctantly wrote the check) and once to see the Yankees in and interleague game about 8 years ago. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:39 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: #justbrownsthings LOL

I'm actually surprised at this. Cleaning out all of the offensive brain trust that just drafted a QB number one is an odd move.

Browns screwed up by holding onto Jackson after knowing they would probably draft a QB #1. Dorsey should have been allowed to bring in one of his guys and be given some leeway. Jackson deserved no more leeway after going 1-31 or whatever.

Stupid. 2 wins and a tie at the halfway mark. That looks like a big improvement.

Maybe their head office sees this another way, though, thinking the Browns are a good team losing close games because of bad coaching.

I don't, see that, despite all the draft talent. They needed at least a season to "gel."  Plus two more high drafts for offensive linemen.
Reply/Quote
If you purely enjoy watching pro football on a Sunday outing and view it as entertainment, whats it matter if your team wins or not?
It would be better to win no doubt. People take it too seriously like if their team loses its a reflection on themselves. Its just a game.

MAGA
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 08:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I guess there's a fine line....
Kind of like the line between genius and madman.
IDK?

Im the same way with the Pirates. I quit paying attention to them around '04 when it was obvious to me that ownership didn't give a shit about winning, only how much they made. I swore them off and never looked back. Since they traded McCutcheon, I honestly couldn't name one single player on their team. 

Now I only go to games when there's an event and tickets are usually free. My wife works for one of the local healthcare giants, and there maybe one freebee a season in their private box. When I go, I won't buy anything in the stadium and I actively root for whoever they are playing that night. I wear a Forbes Field T-shirt when I go, and even bought a Yankees just for those occasions. 

The only two time that I've paid for tickets since '04 was once with the church when my wife signed us up for a family night (I was pissed and reluctantly wrote the check) and once to see the Yankees in and interleague game about 8 years ago. 
I think a lot of fan loyalty is based on tradition.  Being a fan of this team or that team is just what you do cuz it's what you've always done. And very often, it's what your dad did and then passed it on to you.  My dad's teams just ended up being mine too.  So, you end up not only being loyal to a team that may or may not even earn that loyalty, but you're being loyal to that tradition.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote