Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hakeem Adeniji cleared for practice
Some offensive line depth on the way. Adeniji has been cleared to practice

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wow, I thought he was gone for the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow, I thought he was gone for the year.

Same here, if he’s able to get back to his previous level that could end up being a huge addition for us. Especially with all the other uncertainties on the line.

Might be why they haven’t picked up anyone else yet
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Me too....great news.  I was kind of excited for him as a solid depth piece going into the season.  
Reply/Quote
Extremely good news if he is able to play any time soon.
Reply/Quote
Adenji is alright, a bit overhyped around here IMO. Great to get depth back though. Do we think he is long-term better than Prince? I assume so, but he hasn’t been a bad backup so far this year either.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Adenji is alright, a bit overhyped around here IMO. Great to get depth back though. Do we think he is long-term better than Prince? I assume so, but he hasn’t been a bad backup so far this year either.

Yeah, I'm not down on him by any stretch, but I'm also not over the moon.

If he had great games when he played last year, I'd sing a different tune, but Carman has looked just as good (if not better) than Adeniji (and yes, I know they play different spots).

Also, again, you draft the player and not the school, but Kansas isn't known for OL and the last one we got... turned out to be borderline useless.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, I'm not down on him by any stretch, but I'm also not over the moon.

If he had great games when he played last year, I'd sing a different tune, but Carman has looked just as good (if not better) than Adeniji (and yes, I know they play different spots).

Also, again, you draft the player and not the school, but Kansas isn't known for OL and the last one we got... turned out to be borderline useless.

Adeniji didn't have both Hopkins and Rief playing beside him to help with any deficiencies.. he had the rest of the Bengals wonderful line of the past few years.. No wonder he wasn't ROY, HOF and probowl material right off the bat.. Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
While I doubt he's anywhere near replacing our starters, my hope is he grows into someone who is.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: Adeniji didn't have both Hopkins and Rief playing beside him to help with any deficiencies.. he had the rest of the Bengals wonderful line of the past few years.. No wonder he wasn't ROY, HOF and probowl material right off the bat.. Smirk

Whachu talkin' bout, Gramps?  Hopkins IS the deficiency on the OL this season..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Tiger

One of my favorites if he can stay healthy! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, I'm not down on him by any stretch, but I'm also not over the moon.

1) He is better than Fred Johnson
2) Last season he was being coached by Jim Turner...this year it will be Frank Pollack

Reply/Quote
Ossai coming back too? : )
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 05:50 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Ossai coming back too?  : )

no  

Adeniji was able to come back because he was on the non-football injury list.  Ossai was placed on IR before the initial 53 was set which means he is ineligible for return this season. 

Reply/Quote
While Adeniji is unlikely to be a season-changer, he has still been a generally positive influence on the football field when he has played. For the sake of depth, I think getting him back will be a big boost. This alleviates some of the oh-hell-are-we-going-to-see-Fred-Johnson-at-guard stuff that we might have encountered in Detroit had Carman and Trey Hill not been such gamers.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 05:14 PM)pally Wrote: 1) He is better than Fred Johnson
2) Last season he was being coached by Jim Turner...this year it will be Frank Pollack

NEVER!!!!!! FRED'S MY BOY!!!!!! SadSadSadSad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always said that a 2nd year player is better than a rookie that's drafted two rounds higher. After a full off-season with the playbook to learn, 2020 6th rounder Adeniji, IMO, is better than any 4th round O-lineman taken in 2021. He may not start, but the team just got a little better today.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

My exact thoughts, this one came out of nowhere. Really like Adeniji's upside too. Great news out of the blue.
Reply/Quote
This is good news for sure. He's versatile has some upside and adds some needed depth right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 03:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: Adeniji didn't have both Hopkins and Rief playing beside him to help with any deficiencies.. he had the rest of the Bengals wonderful line of the past few years.. No wonder he wasn't ROY, HOF and probowl material right off the bat.. Smirk

Hopkins blows
Reply/Quote